EVGA

Helpful ReplyNuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Phileosophos
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/15 20:51:25 (permalink)
I'm not the first person to complain about this, but this is my first time complaining about it in the forums. Any true 5.1/7.1 setup needs low frequency content pushed to the C/Sub channel for your amp/speakers to send the appropriate material to the subwoofer. Otherwise, you're just not going to get the bass response you're after. It's a surprising omission to me, in such an otherwise stellar prosumer-level audio card, that the NuAudio drivers do not yet provide such an option. Can we get a response from EVGA personnel as to when we can expect support for a proper crossover frequency and exposure in the software UI? Thanks in advance!
M4A
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/16 19:46:47 (permalink)
Phileosophos...5.1/7.1 setup needs low frequency content pushed to the...Sub channel

See next, #10 post in 14 years.

Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/16 19:50:11 (permalink)
I'm sorry, is that supposed to mean something?
M4A
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/16 19:51:57 (permalink)
as I was saying, for a temporary fix, Jukebox 2112 will do that.  See the attached image. 

P.S. I can't post links or upload until I have 10 posts.

Attached Image(s)

Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/16 19:54:50 (permalink)
I'm sorry again, but that looks nothing like any of the software I have with my EVGA NuAudio Pro 7.1 card. I'm not looking for a fix to a specific program, I'm looking for the drivers to provide the proper crossover options so that it will work with all applications, games, etc.
M4A
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/16 20:07:30 (permalink)
PhileosophosI'm looking for the drivers to provide the proper crossover options so that it will work with all applications, games, etc.

Right.  A decent AVR will do that for you.  Used to be called "bass management".  I know some sound hardware comes with PC software to do that, but if you have an AVR that does, that's the better place to do it.

P.S.  have you given this a shot?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/audio/bass-management

I have not seen if that does what it implies, but give it a shot.  Set your fronts to small and see if Windows itself redirects low-Hz oomph to the subwoofer.  But you need the setting.  If you don't see it there's nothing you can do but keep complaining.  First up, though, is DDL or DTS-Connect.  I don't see that coming (licensing costs).  Bass management may already be there.  If you see this checkbox in the image it is.

post edited by M4A - 2020/03/16 20:33:30

Attached Image(s)

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/17 04:13:55 (permalink)
Proper speakers should have high pass or low pass filters built in which are appropriate for that speaker's design.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/18 11:16:41 (permalink)
M4A
Right.  A decent AVR will do that for you.  Used to be called "bass management".  I know some sound hardware comes with PC software to do that, but if you have an AVR that does, that's the better place to do it.
P.S.  have you given this a shot?

I don't appear to have any such options. If you can recommend a third party tool that provides such things, I'll surely try it.
Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/18 11:18:05 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Proper speakers should have high pass or low pass filters built in which are appropriate for that speaker's design.

You're missing the point: by the time it gets to the speakers it's too late. The whole point of having a subwoofer is to take the heavy-lifting off all the other speakers. In order to do that, the low-frequency content must be sent to the subwoofer in the first place. That has to be done via a crossover at the driver level, because otherwise the low-frequency content goes to the individual channels, isn't on the CSub channel at all, and thus your subwoofer is essentially a useless lump, doing nothing.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/18 12:19:16 (permalink)
Phileosophos
ty_ger07

You're missing the point: by the time it gets to the speakers it's too late. The whole point of having a subwoofer is to take the heavy-lifting off all the other speakers. In order to do that, the low-frequency content must be sent to the subwoofer in the first place. That has to be done via a crossover at the driver level, because otherwise the low-frequency content goes to the individual channels, isn't on the CSub channel at all, and thus your subwoofer is essentially a useless lump, doing nothing.

How do you figure that it isn't already "being sent to the subwoofer"? Consider the design of center channel audio.

I think that you are missing the point. The design of the 2.1, 5.1, and 7.1 recording and playblack standards should ensure that what is output from the card is correct. If the audio which is reaching your speakers is not appropriate for your speaker's frequency, the speakers should have filters internal to cause them to operate properly. If for some reason the speakers have a design issue and are missing appropriate filtering necessary to make them work properly, I think that you should add filtering; you don't need software to do it. You don't need software for crossover either; you could add that too, if you insist.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/03/18 12:28:56

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/18 12:59:11 (permalink)
You can do some Googling if you want to understand the benefits of bi-amping or tri-amping audio signals. What I'll observe here is that you're right about this much:

ty_ger07
The design of the 2.1, 5.1, and 7.1 recording and playblack standards should ensure that what is output from the card is correct.

And in order for the NuAudio card to do what is correct, it needs to put all the content below a crossover frequency on the CSub channel. That's what it means to support a subwoofer. That's why audio receivers, professional audio equipment, and literally every other piece of (pro-)audio gear I've had supports the very basic notion of a crossover frequency. Otherwise, your subwoofer is doing virtually nothing useful, and all your other drivers that aren't intended to produce low-frequency content are being handed low-frequency content that they're not designed to produce and don't produce well at all.

You clearly don't understand the details of bi-amping/tri-amping audio or how a subwoofer is intended to work.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/18 13:38:23 (permalink)
No one produces audio with low frequency ("subwoofer") audio on only one left or right, front or back audio channel. Everyone produces bass content as monotone which occupies the "center" channel. Therefore, there is no crossover needed, unless you feel that your speakers are not working properly, or you feel that the record producer knows less than you do.

Like I said, add filters if you insist. You can easily do it; no software needed. Plug into all of the audio outputs, perform whatever crossover you want, and then connect your speakers to that. But don't blame EVGA for failing to do some goofy audiophile niche thing. If EVGA wanted to chase the audiophile niche-thing rabbit hole, they would find no end.

No one who is respectable, produces stereophonic bass. Why? Because the human ear is not good at localizing low frequencies. It's monotone. It's on the center channel. It doesn't need to be directed from the left channel or the right channel to the center channel. It is already in the center channel.

The bass remaining on the individual left, right, front, and back channels is the bass content (likely mid-range content actually) that the record producer or artist wanted to be there. They had full control when they recorded it and released it. All the bass on the center channel is what they wanted. Not enough? Add an amplifier to your sub. Center channel bass frequency too high for your sub? Add a low-pass filter before your sub because the sub's manufacturer apparently forgot to.  And if your individual speakers can't handle the mid-range content due to some defect or design issue, add a high-pass filter to them.

When you make this request, you are making 2 statements:
1) My favorite artist and/or producer is dumber than me.
2) My speakers don't perform to my expectations, and I think it is my sound card's job to fix that.

Both seem a little absurd to me.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/03/18 16:23:33

Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/03/18 19:47:34 (permalink)
You're right that "No one produces audio with low frequency ("subwoofer") audio on only one left or right, front or back audio channel." You're also right in saying "No one who is respectable, produces stereophonic bass." But you're then completely wrong in where you go from there. The entire point of a subwoofer is to reproduce the low-level content. Every 5.1/7.1 computer audio card in existence supports a subwoofer by letting it share an output with the center channel, their combination typically referred to as "CSub" as I've been using.

Now let me explain tediously why you're dead wrong in your conclusions, since you seem uninterested in actually learning about bi-amped/tri-amped audio using a 5.1 setup as an example. Without a dedicated crossover at the driver level, all the low frequency content of the existing front right/left channels goes to the front right/left speakers. If there's any rear audio at all (depends on source, after all, and what other features your audio card allows), then its low frequency content goes to the rear right/left speakers. If there's any center audio at all (again depends on source and such), then it goes to the CSub channel.

That's it. And what audio does one find in the center channel of any 5.1/7.1 source? In most cases, nothing more than dialogue. And since dialogue doesn't really have stuff in the frequency range your subwoofer is designed to operate (typically <80 Hz.), the most you'll get is some plosive thumps. In short, as I have said before, your subwoofer is a largely useless lump without a proper crossover. If EVGA does the smart thing however, like literally EVERY other bit of (pro)sumer gear I've owned, then all the low-frequency content below the threshold would be properly separated from all the other channels and piped to the CSub channel where it belongs.

This is the whole point of bi-amped audio: using a separate amplifier for the low-end to free up all the other drivers to work more efficiently.
Injuis
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/04/03 19:25:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Phileosophos 2020/04/05 10:01:29
I'm with Phileosophos.  Had this feature on my Asus and it looks like Creative's software has this feature too.  
satsun
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/16 12:01:40 (permalink)
Bumping this because bass management is common (it's not niche) on sound cards but absent from the NuAudio 7.1. Got a laugh because I found when researching this for the NuAudio 7.1; I'm guessing some EVGA motherboards have the onboard Sound Blaster option. Even found tips for on a Realtek chipset. For such a nice card, it really needs some bass management options (ability to select full-range speakers, filter frequencies to sub channel).

I understand ignoring bass management for stereo use (NuAudio sounds awesome just playing music), but for surround sound content passing through analog outputs on a sound card, bass management is necessary because you can't assume that everyone is running 5-7+ large full-range speakers all around and you can't assume that the amplifier is performing bass management. A Logitech 5.1 computer speaker set might perform its own bass management for the sake of its tiny speakers, but those using 7.1 out are probably going through an AVR and my Denon and Onkyo AVRs don't perform bass management on the multichannel analog input (connected to sound card), so I assume that behavior might be common on AVRs with multichannel analog inputs; the AVR simply acts as an amplifier for the connected speakers at that point and depends on the source device (ex: DVD player, sound card) to perform bass management. For more information on why bass management is important, google 'home theater bass management', if there's still a lack of understanding or you just don't care, then maybe you're not the target demographic for a 7.1 sound card.

Yes, for music and movies, you can manage bass from the playback application (Foobar2000 has plugins for this, Media Player Classic variants probably have settings or plugins), but bass management for games requires support from the device drivers. Games don't often have movie-quality mixing, some seem to throw everything at the speakers and nothing at the sub, which makes you dependent on bass management to route those low frequencies to the sub to get the full effect. An AVR can certainly correct for that behavior, but based on my experience, that would require the sound card to have an HDMI interface on it. ¬_¬
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/16 14:43:16 (permalink)
Again, it is VERY easy to add a low pass or high pass filter before and/or after your audio receiver. I suggest that you do. Low pass and high pass filters are VERY VERY simple and cheap. You can even make one yourself. I was making my own low pass and high pass filters while I was only a 7th-grader.

Proper speakers have had their dynamic range characterized by their manufacturer and have the requisite low pass or high pass filters built in. If yours is missing, there is no reason why you should spend weeks or months complaining about it here instead of just fixing the problem yourself.

satsun
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/16 15:19:26 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Again, it is VERY easy to add a low pass or high pass filter before and/or after your audio receiver. I suggest that you do. Low pass and high pass filters are VERY VERY simple and cheap. You can even make one yourself. I was making my own low pass and high pass filters while I was only a 7th-grader.

Proper speakers have had their dynamic range characterized by their manufacturer and have the requisite low pass or high pass filters built in. If yours is missing, there is no reason why you should spend weeks or months complaining about it here instead of just fixing the problem yourself.

Based on what you keep repeating here, you've demonstrated that you don't understand the request in the initial post and you clearly don't understand bass management in the context of a surround sound home theater system. I'm sure many of us understand that speakers are built to cut frequencies they're not capable of handling, that's not what this is about. Do you even have a sound card?
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/16 15:45:39 (permalink)
Bumping is not allowed on this forum.

Based on what you've said, you've demonstrated that you don't understand that "bass management" is an act of using low pass and high pass filters, and have demonstrated that you don't realize that configuring your analog audio inputs and/or outputs is a trivial task.
Phileosophos
And what audio does one find in the center channel of any 5.1/7.1 source? In most cases, nothing more than dialogue. And since dialogue doesn't really have stuff in the frequency range your subwoofer is designed to operate (typically <80 Hz.), the most you'll get is some plosive thumps.

If it is dialog that you are after, add more than just a subwoofer to the center channel.  Wire in a subwoofer in line with a low pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) AND wire in a mid-range speaker in line with a high pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) in parallel with the subwoofer.

satsun
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/16 15:47:42 (permalink)
ty_ger07

Based on what you said, you've demonstrated that you don't understand that "bass management" is an act of low pass and high pass filters, and that configuring your analog audio inputs and/or outputs is a trivial task.
Phileosophos
And what audio does one find in the center channel of any 5.1/7.1 source? In most cases, nothing more than dialogue. And since dialogue doesn't really have stuff in the frequency range your subwoofer is designed to operate (typically <80 Hz.), the most you'll get is some plosive thumps.

If it is dialog that you are after, add more than just a subwoofer to the center channel.  Wire in a subwoofer in line with a low pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) AND wire in a mid-range speaker in line with a high pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) in parallel.

You're avoiding the question: Do you have a sound card? Is this post relevant to you?
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/16 16:04:24 (permalink)
satsun
ty_ger07

Based on what you said, you've demonstrated that you don't understand that "bass management" is an act of low pass and high pass filters, and that configuring your analog audio inputs and/or outputs is a trivial task.
Phileosophos

If it is dialog that you are after, add more than just a subwoofer to the center channel.  Wire in a subwoofer in line with a low pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) AND wire in a mid-range speaker in line with a high pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) in parallel.

You're avoiding the question: Do you have a sound card? Is this post relevant to you?

No, I don't.  There are a lot of things I choose not to have.  That has zero impact on my knowledge and understanding.  I read a lot and I experiment a lot.

What is your point?

Have you considered setting up YOUR audio equipment to work the way that YOU WANT it to work?  So, do it!

satsun
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/18 15:55:47 (permalink)
ty_ger07If it is dialog that you are after, add more than just a subwoofer to the center channel.  Wire in a subwoofer in line with a low pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) AND wire in a mid-range speaker in line with a high pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) in parallel with the subwoofer.

I just wanted to review the information to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything and I really think you're on to something here. I have a 7.1 system, but 5 of the speakers aren't full-range speakers. You're saying I just need to get five powered subwoofers with line-level pass-through (probably a built-in low-pass filter) and run each of the 'small' speakers through their own sub instead of depending on the sound card mixing low frequencies to the one subwoofer typically dedicated to that task? That's genius. Why do people even have 7.1 or 7.2 when they could have 7.5 or even 7.8? The sky's the limit.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/18 16:10:46 (permalink)
satsun
ty_ger07If it is dialog that you are after, add more than just a subwoofer to the center channel.  Wire in a subwoofer in line with a low pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) AND wire in a mid-range speaker in line with a high pass filter (if it doesn't already have one incorporated) in parallel with the subwoofer.

I just wanted to review the information to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything and I really think you're on to something here. I have a 7.1 system, but 5 of the speakers aren't full-range speakers. You're saying I just need to get five powered subwoofers with line-level pass-through (probably a built-in low-pass filter) and run each of the 'small' speakers through their own sub instead of depending on the sound card mixing low frequencies to the one subwoofer typically dedicated to that task? That's genius. Why do people even have 7.1 or 7.2 when they could have 7.5 or even 7.8? The sky's the limit.

What are you talking about?  Placing subs on any other channel makes no sense.  Bass is monotone in the center channel.  There is no need for a crossover to "push" low-frequency content to the center channel.  It is already there.  And there is no reason to put subs on other channels because the bass isn't there.

Like I said:
ty_ger07
No one produces audio with low frequency ("subwoofer") audio on only one left or right, front or back audio channel. Everyone produces bass content as monotone which occupies the "center" channel. Therefore, there is no crossover needed, unless you feel that your speakers are not working properly, or you feel that the record producer knows less than you do.

Like I said, add filters if you insist. You can easily do it; no software needed. Plug into all of the audio outputs, perform whatever crossover you want, and then connect your speakers to that. But don't blame EVGA for failing to do some goofy audiophile niche thing. If EVGA wanted to chase the audiophile niche-thing rabbit hole, they would find no end.

No one who is respectable, produces stereophonic bass. Why? Because the human ear is not good at localizing low frequencies. It's monotone. It's on the center channel. It doesn't need to be directed from the left channel or the right channel to the center channel. It is already in the center channel.

The bass remaining on the individual left, right, front, and back channels is the bass content (likely mid-range content actually) that the record producer or artist wanted to be there. They had full control when they recorded it and released it. All the bass on the center channel is what they wanted. Not enough? Add an amplifier to your sub. Center channel bass frequency too high for your sub? Add a low-pass filter before your sub because the sub's manufacturer apparently forgot to.  And if your individual speakers can't handle the mid-range content due to some defect or design issue, add a high-pass filter to them.

When you make this request, you are making 2 statements:
1) My favorite artist and/or producer is dumber than me.
2) My speakers don't perform to my expectations, and I think it is my sound card's job to fix that.

Both seem a little absurd to me.

That is the topic of this thread.

What I am say is that you don't need to do ANYTHING.  But, if you still aren't happy because dialog on the center channel is too bass-y, you could add ONE mid-range speaker to the center channel.  It's really simple.  I don't know why you are over-complicating it.

sX1337
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/05/22 01:19:07 (permalink)
Hello everybody,

due to my purchase of the nu audio pro 7.1 I first want to say that Im very happy that I finally got a propper upgrade to my Xfi extreme music from back in the days. After reading all these posts I still do not understand how to get this problem solved. The "bass management" checkbox is not offered to me in Win 10 and my AV Reciever (Onkyo TX-SR606) is not performing as it should and did while connecting it via HDMI to graphics card. I only get bass when I activate either "all channels set" to get a 7.1 upmix or put it in stereo mode. This means listening to music is solved; but when i switch to "pure audio" or "direct" mode, the subwoofer remains silent, as well as in games. I do not know if this is a problem of my poor knowledge, or of the reciever, but with HDMI and my old soundcard it worked (after checking the box of bass management) in either the creative soundcard control or in win 10 control section. But it seems to be missing in win 10. Im glad to not be the only person missing this and any hardware or thirt party software is not what I search for, it is simly the checkbox to activate bass management and set it to propper 80 hz. Furthermore the reciever tells me that the sound is for example DTS HD Master Audio when playing it via HDMI. The nu audio pro stays silent when using the windows player, I only do get sound from it when using VLC and choosing the right audio signal - this then sounds amazing - so Im willing to take this effort. Last point to be mentioned is that via soundcard or HDMI I can choose 7.1 in the windows speaker settings, win 10 does not seem to offer this to me when using the nu audio pro. Anyone else is experiencing this? I do not know how hard a driver update it, to fix this bass management problem, but this is the last step that I need to get things done. If anyone here can name a AVR that is doing the job, please feel free to add any. If I test the speakers when clicking on the windows sound controll I do get a signal out of every speaker, when testing it with the nu audio pro software, the sub remains silent. futhermore does sub work in 7.1 dts / dolby tracks but not ingame. Thank you very much for helping! 

best regards

sX
Phileosophos
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/06/05 17:17:14 (permalink)
Dear sX1337, there is presently no way to make it work correctly because EVGA has not provided a feature in the drivers to route low-frequency content properly onto the C/Sub channel. All I can suggest is that you petition them to do what literally every other (pro-)sumer card already does and offer the option in their drivers. Sorry.
jll544
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/06/07 13:23:49 (permalink)
To everyone looking for bass management on the NU Audio Pro 7.1, there seems to be a very simple solution: Uninstall the NU Audio apps/drivers, and then reinstall but exclude Nahimic EQ when given the option. Nahimic apparently overrides other Windows audio enhancements. Without Nahimic EQ installed, the Bass Management option returned to the Sound Control Panel:

Of course, this also means that you lose EQ capabilities inside the NU Audio app. Equalizer APO is an excellent alternative (and more powerful).

Attached Image(s)

sX1337
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/06/07 14:07:00 (permalink)
thank you going to check
sX1337
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/06/08 03:39:37 (permalink)
Dear 4,

thank you very much for posting this information, the Windows audio enhancements are back, so is the LFE in games. 

now there is bass in musik, too. even if the AVR is in multichannel mode. #gamechanger

EVGA NU Audio Pro_1.0.1.0_WIN10 -> install without Nahimic EQ.

cheers,

sX
Injuis
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/06/17 22:58:20 (permalink)
jll544
To everyone looking for bass management on the NU Audio Pro 7.1, there seems to be a very simple solution: Uninstall the NU Audio apps/drivers, and then reinstall but exclude Nahimic EQ when given the option. Nahimic apparently overrides other Windows audio enhancements. Without Nahimic EQ installed, the Bass Management option returned to the Sound Control Panel:

Of course, this also means that you lose EQ capabilities inside the NU Audio app. is an excellent alternative (and more powerful).

Thank you for finding this for us.  I can verify that the digital crossover works using your method.  It just sucks that we lose the equalizer (and a few other features) as well.
Please EVGA, get this in your software!  I wonder if they ever read these forums...
superfang7
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/09/15 19:49:23 (permalink)
Thank you jll544, reinstalling the NU audio app and drivers without Nahimic EQ fixed the base Management issue where I could enable it in windows. 
neo828
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: NuAudio Pro 7.1 DESPERATELY needs crossover to push low-frequency content to the C/Sub 2020/09/20 23:50:15 (permalink)
Hah, I bought this card back in May and this was the first issue I noticed. I contacted tech support and they told me to make sure the motherboard's realtek drivers were removed and disabled in bios and to reinstall NU audio drivers -something I had already done prior to installation. I rarely use the 5.1 hooked up to my old school Z5500s, so I never bothered to trouble shoot further. Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I wonder if they will be fixed in a driver update since the last one was back in March. I'll try to reinstall w/o Nahimic like everyone else and see if that works. 
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile