EVGA

Nu Audio sound card won't install drivers.

Author
c2cthomasj
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/16 16:09:51 (permalink)
Hi Everyone,
New member with an old computer that needed an audio upgrade and thus my purchase of the Nu Audio sound card.  I’m having the same problems as others with getting the drivers to load.  I have read the other threads and tried loading the older version of the drivers (after cleaning out the original install files) but that didn’t work either.  Perhaps this computer is just to old to take this card – although the specks say that it should work.  Any suggestions would be appreciated – otherwise I’m going to have to return it.  I really want to get it to work as I am looking forward to enjoying it use.  BTW- the good news is that so far I haven’t crashed the computer and I haven’t let any of the magic smoke leak out of the card…….;)

Specs:
Motherboard
  1. Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
  2. Model   3047h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
  3. Chipset Vendor AMD
  4. Chipset Model   785G
  5. Chipset Revision               00
  6. Southbridge Vendor       AMD
  7. Southbridge Model         SB700
  8. Southbridge Revision     00
  9. System Temperature     24 °C
                                                               i.      BIOS
  1. Brand    Hewlett-Packard
  2. Version 786G6 v01.15
  3. Date      8/2/2011
                                                             ii.      PCI Data
  1. Slot PCI
                                                                                                                                       i.      Slot Type             PCI
                                                                                                                                     ii.      Slot Usage           Available
                                                                                                                                   iii.      Bus Width           32 bit
                                                                                                                                   iv.      Slot Designation               PCI1
                                                                                                                                     v.      Characteristics   5V, 3.3V, PME, SMBus
                                                                                                                                   vi.      Slot Number      0
  1. Slot PCI-E
                                                                                                                                       i.      Slot Type             PCI-E
                                                                                                                                     ii.      Slot Usage           Available
                                                                                                                                   iii.      Data lanes           x1
                                                                                                                                   iv.      Slot Designation               PCI EXPRESS x1 SLOT 1 (PCIEx1 1)
                                                                                                                                     v.      Characteristics   3.3V, PME, SMBus
                                                                                                                                   vi.      Slot Number      1
  1. Slot PCI-E
                                                                                                                                     ii.      Slot Usage           In Use
                                                                                                                                   iii.      Data lanes           x1
                                                                                                                                   iv.      Slot Designation               PCI EXPRESS x1 SLOT 2 (PCIEx1 2)
                                                                                                                                   vi.      Slot Number      2
  1. Slot PCI-E
                                                                                                                                     ii.      Slot Usage           In Use
                                                                                                                                   iii.      Data lanes           x16
                                                                                                                                   iv.      Slot Designation               PCI EXPRESS x16 SLOT (PCIEx16)
                                                                                                                                   vi.      Slot Number      3

CPU
                                                                                                                                  vii.      AMD Athlon II X2 B26
                                                                                                                                viii.      Cores    2

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile