EVGA

Nu Audio Sync with Asus Aura?

Author
Crimsonghost99
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/05/29 16:39:03 (permalink)
Title pretty much says it all. Is it possible to get the RGB on the audio card to sync with Asus Aura? Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in my subtle RGB effect.

5 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nu Audio Sync with Asus Aura? 2019/05/29 16:50:16 (permalink)
    Unfortunately it would take ASUS and EVGA working together for that to happy. Biggest problem with RGB is it's not yet handled by a standard software like being built into windows. That means every company does it the way they want. The best way to make them match though is open the Aura software and see what numbers are next to the lighting color you like is the lighting is that you like. As long as you have the same Red, Blue, and Green number entered in with both the EVGA software and the Aura software it should be very close to the same color. Of course different brands use different parts so colors might not be exact but it would be very hard to notice.

Also in the EVGA software you might have to define custom color to see the exact color numbers.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Crimsonghost99
    • Total Posts : 95
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nu Audio Sync with Asus Aura? 2019/05/29 19:35:02 (permalink)
    This is true if I want everything to be a static color, but I have a very subtle and slow color shift that took me quite a while to set up. It seems that many other companies are able to make their software compatible without the need for dedicated RGB headers. For example, most DDR4 manufacturers. It’s all software controlled so why can’t EVGA tweak their software to play nice with mainboard manufacturers. Not trying to offend anyone or start drama so please don’t take it that way.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nu Audio Sync with Asus Aura? 2019/05/29 20:53:12 (permalink)
    It's not drama it's just that nobody wants to give the control away. It's making another brand better then yours when you feel you need to add support and you can bet that they will want to charge money to use the logo to say it's compatible.  As for Asus it seems like they are very happy to have a closed eco system. As I said it would be great if it was like a windows feature that controlled RGB but we are not at that point yet.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Nu Audio Sync with Asus Aura? 2019/05/30 12:25:15 (permalink)
    Crimsonghost99
    This is true if I want everything to be a static color, but I have a very subtle and slow color shift that took me quite a while to set up. It seems that many other companies are able to make their software compatible without the need for dedicated RGB headers. For example, most DDR4 manufacturers. It’s all software controlled so why can’t EVGA tweak their software to play nice with mainboard manufacturers. Not trying to offend anyone or start drama so please don’t take it that way.

Fair point in parts.  Ultimately, we are improving our RGB ecosystem slowly, but it will still take a bit longer before we can sync all of our own products together, let alone another manufacturer's software.  Memory isn't a good example you used, because memory ties into addressable space through the motherboard BIOS, which any software can tie into.  Other than making that available, the motherboard doesn't need to be of a particular brand for the memory manufacturer or otherwise to tie into those addressable digits.  Same thing with an addressable RGB header, more or less. 

The RGB on the NU Audio card, on the other hand, doesn't have the same sort of addressable space in the same way via PCIe.  An addressable RGB header would probably need to be added to the card to give additional control to another third-party device/software, unfortunately.  This is generally the same for graphics cards, as well.  You either have to use the graphics card manufacturer's software, or you have to disconnect the RGB cable on the card and attach your own cable from the card to the MB or other RGB controller device.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Nu Audio Sync with Asus Aura? 2019/05/31 01:34:15 (permalink)

Hoggle
    It's not drama it's just that nobody wants to give the control away. It's making another brand better then yours when you feel you need to add support and you can bet that they will want to charge money to use the logo to say it's compatible.  As for Asus it seems like they are very happy to have a closed eco system. As I said it would be great if it was like a windows feature that controlled RGB but we are not at that point yet.

Have you seen all the products made by other mfg that work with Asus Aura?  
    https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.html

You can sync Asus Aura software with Corsair Cue2 software. I don't know if it works with Corsair newer ICUE software.

My Creative AE-5 sound card has RGB and a RGB header. I have the RGB disabled. I can't see it while using the computer.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile