EVGA

Non-stop screen caps when PrecisionX is running?

Author
Burninator
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/03/18 18:30:44 (permalink)
I got an unexpected "out of disk space" on my SC17 recently, and after a few minutes, realized the "problem" was the c:/users/public/pictures directory, which had a bazillion (plus or minus) BMP files, each 24mb in size.

Some of them dated back to January, then a few in feb, a few on Mar 10, then on march 16th, it basically started taking like 3-4 screenshots per minute, 24 hours a day, only missing those times it was in standby.

I rarely use the precisionX app, and have never (intentionally) used it's screen capture utility. Looking at the configuration, I see that the "hotkey" is blank. The field was empty. I tried setting it to a value (Alt-F1 or something), and even going as far as rebooting so everything has a clean start.

Nope. The minute I start PrecisionX (I disabled the "start when OS starts" when I discovered it was the culprit) - I start getting lots and lots and lots and lots of screen captures.

I admit, I honestly don't have a lot of value for the program - though I occasionally use the "underclock" option if I'm just doing work (telnet doesn't need a whole lot of CPU). But is this fixable? I don't see any updated versions or similar complaints, so maybe I just stumbled on some unusual config error.

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_MDecker
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1549
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Non-stop screen caps when PrecisionX is running? 2017/03/18 18:33:16 (permalink)
    Hello,

that is very strange and I do apologize for this issue.

At this time by your comments it appears the issue has been fixed?

I will make sure to have our Product Management team look into this issue.

(つ◕౪◕)つ━☆゚.*・。゚X99Micro2 | 5960X | 1080Ti 。゚・*.☆゚
    Burninator
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Non-stop screen caps when PrecisionX is running? 2017/03/18 18:48:35 (permalink)
    Hi, thanks for the ultra-quick reply. No, it's still an issue - the only way to stop the screen captures is to exit out of PrecisionX mobile. (I also changed the capture type to jpeg so it creates much smaller files in case I do need to use it) - but I am unable to get it to stop creating screenshots whenever the program is loaded.

It would be nice if there was a fix, I love the laptop and this is really the first time it's done anything but behave flawlessly for me. Thank you!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile