Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102231
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/06/05 00:43:12 (permalink)
No Man's Sky update: NVIDIA DLSS tech support, visual upgrades | TweakTown

Hello Games has just pushed out a pretty damn huge update for No Man's Sky with its new 3.5 update codenamed Prisms, with a visual overhaul, and even more -- with some special sauce with NVIDIA's DLSS tech included.

The new No Man's Sky Prisms update has new texture effects, biome detail, skies, reflections and warp effects, as well as improved lighting, rain, and particle effects that will make weather look even better. The new Prisms update also introduces NVIDIA's game-changing DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) technology.
If you're playing on the PC, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One X or PlayStation 5 consoles then you'll get screen space reflections with the new Prisms update for No Man's Sky. This will add reflective surfaces and improved lighting quality to countless locations in the game. These upgrades will include the Space Anomaly, space stations, Atlas stations, freighter hangars and derelict freighters.

NVIDIA is adding in its DLSS technology into No Man's Sky, which will have a bonus for PC gamers where DLSS will be working in VR mode -- beautiful.

There's colored and directional volumetric lighting that will improve the atmosphere in the game, with Sentinel drone searchlights and spaceship headlights, and even the glow of bioluminescent flora. You even have dynamic brightness with the Exosuit torch, too... No Man's Sky will never have looked better.

I'm glad to see that many companies are pushing out updates to improve both visuals and performance. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

AimsToPlease
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: No Man's Sky update: NVIDIA DLSS tech support, visual upgrades 2021/06/05 03:40:06 (permalink)
    How is the game faring tho? They had so much backlash when the game came out and i felt a lil betrayed when a lot of functions were fiction. Did they redeem themselves yet?
    azbyka101
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: No Man's Sky update: NVIDIA DLSS tech support, visual upgrades 2021/06/22 22:29:24 (permalink)
    No Man's Sky is a cool game, that lunch though XD
    jjshew
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: No Man's Sky update: NVIDIA DLSS tech support, visual upgrades 2021/08/17 08:35:20 (permalink)
    AimsToPlease
    How is the game faring tho? They had so much backlash when the game came out and i felt a lil betrayed when a lot of functions were fiction. Did they redeem themselves yet?

They've had 16 major, free, updates to the game. It has surpassed expectations by far. Another huge, free update is coming within days.
    RadicalRaid
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: No Man's Sky update: NVIDIA DLSS tech support, visual upgrades 2021/08/18 19:32:32 (permalink)
    I bought it specifically for the VR support and was very pleasantly surprised by the progress they've made since they initially launched the game. I mean, it still kinda stings how hard they lied (or Sony made them lie..) but at least they're working hard to redeem themselves.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile