EVGA

No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please?

Author
npspears
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/10/06 19:52:47 (permalink)
Was looking forward to seeing the new design of the Intel z370 mITX motherboard but I don't see anything at the moment. EVGA, are you releaseing mITX? 

I think mITX is more popular than mATX, at the moment, so it seems that you are missing out on a large market segment. 

10 Replies Related Threads

AleksandarK
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/06 22:41:01 (permalink)
    I am also wondering will EVGA release mITX Z370 motherboard? It will be very nice to see another Stinger!!!
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/06 22:47:10 (permalink)

Nothing has been announced. Have to wait, and see.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/11 04:47:06 (permalink)
    Look at this announcement webpage from EVGA:

https://www.evga.com/articles/01151/evga-z370-series-motherboards/

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see three models. This is all of the information EVGA has released so far. Nothing outside of the webpage info has been announced yet:

EVGA Z370 Classified K

134-KS-E379-KR

EVGA Z370 FTW

134-KS-E377-KR

EVGA Z370 Micro

121-KS-E375-KR

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Siman0
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/23 11:46:31 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Look at this announcement webpage from EVGA:

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see three models. This is all of the information EVGA has released so far. Nothing outside of the webpage info has been announced yet:

EVGA Z370 Classified K

134-KS-E379-KR

EVGA Z370 FTW

134-KS-E377-KR

EVGA Z370 Micro

121-KS-E375-KR

Micro is listed as a matx... Imho the 270 stinger was a lacklustre board... They didnt even bother with the io cover. Im guessing evga is to abandon the itx market... Its really annoying for thoes of us that own a hadron. Evga has been making some questionable buisness moves. All but one of my computers is now ryzen... Still have the evga build but its all based in a hadron air. Might be time to retire the build. Kinda sad its been with me for a long time. My first one anyway... Got a new one a little bit ago still got to swap in the components.
    post edited by Siman0 - 2017/10/23 11:50:34
    npspears
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/23 13:23:12 (permalink)
    They replied to my inquiry on Reddit, Reddit.com/r/teamevga. Hopefully they'll communicate with us here as well, after all, it is their official forum. 

Here it is copy and pasted:

Frankly, we have a lot of people requesting both an iTX and an mATX board in each of our series. For example, we considered making an miTX X299 for a while, but ultimately chose not to do one.
    This time we chose to do an mATX form factor motherboard. One consideration that mATX allows us to do is to build a board for heavier overclocking than we would if we built an mITX. The phase design on both the Z370 Micro and Classified K are similar, with the exception of the lack of onboard video ports and vGT phases. Likewise, both feature an external clock generator for improving boot performance / stability with higher overclocks. It's a lot more complicated doing the same on an mITX form factor.
    We are committed to mITX form factors in future boards...just not with the Z370 chipset, this time.

And for what it is worth, my response: 

Glad to know you are still committed to mITX. Sounds like cost is one of the reasons why you chose to omit mITX this time around, although I think the capital involved to make an mITX would be negligible considering the similarity in z270 AND that mITX is more desired than mATX.
    But who am I to say these things? It'd be great in the future to put out all the different ATX sizes (E, ATX, mATX, mITX) to see which ones are most favorable. But with Z270 AND Z170 you skipped over mATX. But if mITX has been under-performing in the past, you have to also keep in mind that the Z170 mITX board didn't have included WIFI or a m.2 slot. As with the Z270 mITX, it was released several months after everyone else.
    Siman0
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/23 15:27:35 (permalink)
    npspears
    They replied to my inquiry on Reddit, Reddit.com/r/teamevga. Hopefully they'll communicate with us here as well, after all, it is their official forum. 

Here it is copy and pasted:

Frankly, we have a lot of people requesting both an iTX and an mATX board in each of our series. For example, we considered making an miTX X299 for a while, but ultimately chose not to do one.
    This time we chose to do an mATX form factor motherboard. One consideration that mATX allows us to do is to build a board for heavier overclocking than we would if we built an mITX. The phase design on both the Z370 Micro and Classified K are similar, with the exception of the lack of onboard video ports and vGT phases. Likewise, both feature an external clock generator for improving boot performance / stability with higher overclocks. It's a lot more complicated doing the same on an mITX form factor.
    We are committed to mITX form factors in future boards...just not with the Z370 chipset, this time.

And for what it is worth, my response: 

Glad to know you are still committed to mITX. Sounds like cost is one of the reasons why you chose to omit mITX this time around, although I think the capital involved to make an mITX would be negligible considering the similarity in z270 AND that mITX is more desired than mATX.
    But who am I to say these things? It'd be great in the future to put out all the different ATX sizes (E, ATX, mATX, mITX) to see which ones are most favorable. But with Z270 AND Z170 you skipped over mATX. But if mITX has been under-performing in the past, you have to also keep in mind that the Z170 mITX board didn't have included WIFI or a m.2 slot. As with the Z270 mITX, it was released several months after everyone else.

Well then, ASRock didn't get that memo... given tough it doesn't have as complex of a VRM design... But IMHO not many people are going to be doing heavy overclocking requiring a large VRM on a ITX board. I like EVGA for the aesthetics and they don't cheap out on the VRM components. A good designed VRM is as good as its weakest component and a smaller VRM can out perform a larger VRM if the right/wrong components are used.
    lehpron
    Regular Guy
    • Total Posts : 16254
    • Ribbons : 191
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/24 09:25:06 (permalink)
    Siman0
    Reddit.com/r/teamevga...One consideration that mATX allows us to do is to build a board for heavier overclocking than we would if we built an mITX. The phase design on both the Z370 Micro and Classified K are similar, with the exception of the lack of onboard video ports and vGT phases. Likewise, both feature an external clock generator for improving boot performance / stability with higher overclocks. It's a lot more complicated doing the same on an mITX form factor.

Well then, ASRock didn't get that memo... given tough it doesn't have as complex of a VRM design... But IMHO not many people are going to be doing heavy overclocking requiring a large VRM on a ITX board.
    A business is about return on investment; I highly doubt EVGA can't do it, rather I think they've done their homework and realized that the market for such a product is shallow (meaning, the potential costs of a miniITX Z370 meant for heavy overclocking to develop exceeds what the number of people wanting it can afford).

That's why it can take a while for new tech to come to mainstream, but doesn't take much to bring to a premium market first.  Granted EVGA made Stingers before, but the excuse of wanting more powerful VRMs to not pursue isn't technical; I'll bet a Z370 Stinger would just cost too much to the end-user and EVGA may never have got their return on investment on that board.  ASRock did raise the price of their HEDT miniITX from the $240 X99 to the $400 X299, it isn't a coincidence considering the extra features packed in to make the board worth it compared to the last one.  EVGA's reason to not pursue a X299 miniITX may very well had to do with trying to get it cheaper than $400 and not being able without losing features that ASRock managed to throw in, making it a failure.

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
    Siman0
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/25 09:02:25 (permalink)
    X299/hedt doesnt make sense in an itx configuration... The mainstream however does. As youll never use the bandwith avalible on the hedt chips.

ASRock have to make halo boards to get their name more out in the consumer world They started life as an asus spin off for the low-end mainstream market. You can say they are the Hyundai of motherboards. Today though they are a separate company making some very good stuff, but their name still has the B-bin parts moniker. Now why make them then as stated halo boards are not about making money its like a small limited run car lexus lfa, ford gt, ect... They dont make money but then, why? Because the most blasphemous, vial, and bonkers things are a marketing magnet. Its to say look what we did a bonkers hedt in an itx package itsnt that just crazy, now look overhere at the other series of boards we make. Nothing grabs a computer enthusiest's attention more than saying you can fit an 18 core hedt in a shoe box...

Now homework, evga, then why dont we have ryzen boards? Evga is a fanboy service company... I love them though for my intel and nvidia builds as they dump all their r&d into making thoes products. But as for a buisness decision stand point its like saying you have the big gun but you keep using it to shoot yourself in the foot...
    lehpron
    Regular Guy
    • Total Posts : 16254
    • Ribbons : 191
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/10/26 21:40:36 (permalink)
    Siman0
    X299/hedt doesnt make sense in an itx configuration... The mainstream however does. As youll never use the bandwith avalible on the hedt chips.
    What bandwidth?  If you mean PCie, obviously form factor limits the expansion, but it isn't like Intel invented the socket for enthusiasts and gamers.  It was designed for 24/7 mission critical server use, and ported to us.  Hence why companies like Supermicro make blade boards for the larger LGA3467 socket; the bandwidth of the processor and RAM is definitely taken advantage off for the density.  Don't confuse size with capability, small doesn't mean more can't be done with it; hence X299 miniITX.

post edited by lehpron - 2017/10/26 21:43:16

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: No 370 ITX? Can we get an official statement please? 2017/11/01 02:47:09 (permalink)
    I know people liked Stinger line but I more fan of mATX Micro.
    EVGA Z370 Micro after long time Z mATX board with small PCI-E slot for dedicate sound card and angled 24 pin and fan headers, 8 phases.
    Board have only two DIMM slots, like Mini ITX board, for me it's not flaw. Even opposite, somehow cool.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile