EVGA

Next Step: Awaiting Approval

Author
Yugoslavia
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/11 05:54:28 (permalink)
Hi all, i just got my RTX3070 bought 10 ago and just got to my hand yesterday, open, feeling exiting adding to my pc, but no screen, tried many many things including but not limited to change from the main pcie to a different pcie and starting the pc using the internal Intel GPU but still cannot get any data on the screen from the RTX 3070 even windows do not feel it, the card fans spin, the logo is lighting up but no data at all.
my question is as the card is still new didn't pass 14 days purchase didn't been used ticket number is sent to me and RMA applied, how fast I can get the RMA  Approval?
how I can ask for priority? I need to send the card back to them and get a new one asap? feeling down :/ 

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Next Step: Awaiting Approval 2021/06/11 09:03:52 (permalink)
    First depends if it is the card or your PC

Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

Confirm the card is fully seated & locked in the PCIe slot & All PCIe power sockets on the card are correctly (fully inserted)

Can you get into the PC BIOS , with the new GPU installed ?

Using your iGPU in your CPU came you get into BIOS .... does the new GPU showup?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Yugoslavia
    Re: Next Step: Awaiting Approval 2021/06/11 09:50:07 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for your reply, yes I can get to the Bois with the integrated GPU, sure when HDMI also is connected to the integrated GPU, 
    in the bios no it cannot see the RTX 3070, and when windows open by using the integrated GPU in device manager also not recognized.
    I'm sure that it's fully sitting on the slot and the lock is closed, same on the main slot and the other slot to test. and fully plug 8 pin power
    not only that but I took it and installed it on another pc and still have the same issue windows did not feel that card at all.
    I was thinking that the problem that it's not giving data to the screen but the problem is the RTX3070 itself looks dead but fans works and the logo is on

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Next Step: Awaiting Approval 2021/06/11 11:14:12 (permalink)
    When a GPU is correctly installed into the correct MB slot (see your MB manual) & the Power sockets are fully populated

--> If the GPU is Not seen in BIOS ... card is not working correctly ... & it is not a Windows issue

A) Power issue .... having a faulty PCIe cable can happen ... no power = no GPU

B) The GPU has some sort of issue ..... because you have mentioned trying several GPU slots ... if your MB supports that ... I'm guessing it is not a failed PCIe slot on the MB

always helps to know what hardware your using & if this is a New build or your just trying to update with a new GPU

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Yugoslavia
    Re: Next Step: Awaiting Approval 2021/06/11 11:53:20 (permalink)
    Hi. BTW my RMA ID no is 1280741. How long it takes to get approval? Any idea if it takes long time?

I tried the rtx 3070 in diffrent slots. Coz i had a hope it's motherboard issue. But it's not cuz I took it to install in another pc and same result. My motherboard is asus prime Z390-a

I just able to get another GPU to my pc and it works with no additional effort.

What if I clean the the GPS slot with alcohol. Can it effect? But it's just out of the box can it has some static electric or so?
    Yugoslavia
    Re: Next Step: Awaiting Approval 2021/06/13 04:33:40 (permalink)
    How long it takes to get approval? Any idea if it takes long time?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile