EVGA

New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recov

Author
droyd
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2013/11/18 06:49:13 (permalink)
I had created a post a couple of days ago because I was having issues with a new RMA'd card I received.  I have a 580 Classified dual SLI setup.   The memory clocks and model numbers are different than my other Classy card but that seems to be normal.   I had thought everything was fine.  

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error even with just the new RMA card alone.  Screen goes blank for a couple of seconds and recovers.

SLI is off and my top card is out of the PC case and the new card is now in the top PCI slot.    

Part #: 03G-P3-1594-KR
Bios: 70.10.34.00.90   I thought it was 70.10.49.00.91 but in GPU-z is says:  70.10.34.00.90.  EDIT:  The OC switch is in normal mode now, maybe the other bios is .91 if its in OC mode, not sure.
I am on the latest Nvidia drivers.  I've already clean installed a few times.  I don't have geforce experience installed.  Also tried rolling back drivers with the same result. 

I've never seen this error until I got this new RMA card. 

So far the error seems random, I don't remember crashing out of a game.  So far its been while I'm using windows 8 apps and just happened while using firefox.

What do you guys think?  Is it a faulty card?  Maybe the bios revision? I cannot think of any other fixes.   My other card works flawlessly so I don't think its another component causing the issue.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 
post edited by droyd - 2013/11/18 06:51:57

8 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/18 07:16:33 (permalink)
    Are you over clocking your CPU and or Memory?
    IF you are Overclocking your CPU at what Speed?
    What is you vCore setting?
    What Motherboard do you have and what Bios Version?
    What Memory do you have Make and Model and Speed and Voltage is it set to?
    What is your PSU Make and Model?
    What Other PCIe Devices do you have installed?
    Do you have EVGA Precision X installed? If so did you uninstall it before you updated the NVIDIA Driver?
    Do you get this error on Both Cards or only One Card?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

droyd
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/18 07:23:39 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Are you over clocking your CPU and or Memory?
    What is you vCore setting?
    What Motherboard do you have and what Bios Version?
    What Memory do you have Make and Model and Speed and Voltage is it set to?
    What is your PSU Make and Model?
    What Other PCIe Devices do you have installed?
    Do you have EVGA Precision X installed? If so did you uninstall it before you updated the NVIDIA Driver?
    Do you get this error on Both Cards or only One Card?

Are you over clocking your CPU and or Memory?  No, cleared CMOS and started fresh. 
    What is you vCore setting?  Auto on BIOS.    1.1v in cpu-z
    What Motherboard do you have and what Bios Version?  p8z68-v pro .   Latest bios on ASUS site.
    What Memory do you have Make and Model and Speed and Voltage is it set to?  Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600.  Set at: 1333mhz.  1.5v.
    What is your PSU Make and Model?  EVGA SuperNova G2 1300w
    What Other PCIe Devices do you have installed?  none

Do you have EVGA Precision X installed? If so did you uninstall it before you updated the NVIDIA Driver?  Yes , I have it installed.  No, I did not uninstall it before I updated the driver.  I had never done that before installing drivers.  Will give that a try.   Thanks for your advice.

post edited by droyd - 2013/11/18 07:37:48
    droyd
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/18 09:15:04 (permalink)
    No luck with uninstalling precision and clean installing new drivers.    On 331.65, loaded up Organ Trail, a very simple game and as soon as the game started my mouse froze for a second and the error popped and then everything works fine.  

Probably gonna have to RMA the card again, I have no other ideas as to what it could be.  Maybe doing a reformat of windows will work?  But as I said earlier my other 580 Classy works flawlessly, so I cant see it being anything else. 

Thanks again!
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/18 19:01:32 (permalink)
    I do have some older game that will NOT play on any Driver above 320.49 that you can still even buy today.
    And was getting the same error "Display driver nvlddmkm" but I can also get this error if I over clock the GPU to high.
    You did say that the older card run fine as a single card and have no issues, and if you uninstall the driver and DO NOT REBOOT but turn Off your PC and swap the card out install the driver and then you start getting the nvlddmkm error.
    Do you have any issues running standard programs on Windows? and that you are on Windows 8 are your game supported under Windows 8, none of my Windows 98 games will run under windows 8 while some would under Windows 7. Good luck with your RMA, EVGA is Great on RMA's

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/18 23:32:03 (permalink)
    I'll see if I can find someone to review this thread

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/19 00:58:55 (permalink)
    If one cards works fine and the other card alone in the system in the same slot with the same power connection does not there may be an issue with the card.  Unfortunately I do not see any RMAs or 580s under your account.  Please contact us via one of the contact channels here with the serial number of the issue card and we can look into the RMA options.
    droyd
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2013/11/19 12:36:07 (permalink)
    Thanks everyone for your help.  I RMA'd the card.  Yes, one card works 100% perfect at stock speeds when its alone.   The other card that I just RMA'd was getting errors all day long while it was single or in sli.   Seemed like the error popped when I was in firefox, switching metro apps and it even happened when I loaded Organ Trail.  It felt like at random times when the GPU was needed it would crash and drivers would recover, makes sense I guess.  

My original card is in now and I have not had one error since yesterday at 5pm when I swapped. 
    Hot12345
    • Total Posts : 86
    Re: New RMA'd card I get Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully r 2019/11/23 13:06:25 (permalink)
    droyd
    Thanks everyone for your help.  I RMA'd the card.  Yes, one card works 100% perfect at stock speeds when its alone.   The other card that I just RMA'd was getting errors all day long while it was single or in sli.   Seemed like the error popped when I was in firefox, switching metro apps and it even happened when I loaded Organ Trail.  It felt like at random times when the GPU was needed it would crash and drivers would recover, makes sense I guess.  

My original card is in now and I have not had one error since yesterday at 5pm when I swapped. 

So the RMA was helped? so the card was faulty?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile