New PSU, why do I need to register it?

Author
bobsone
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/01 02:29:35 (permalink)
Hi
I have just purchased an EVGA 650 G2 PSU.
I see a number of posts about affiliated sellers, registering the product and uploading a copy of the invoice/receipt.
Could someone tell me;
1)  How do I identify an affiliated seller?
2)  What is the purpose of registering my product, i.e. how does this impact any consumer law guaranteed warranty that I already have?
3)  Why do I need to upload a copy of my purchase invoice/receipt?

Any input appreciated...
Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: New PSU, why do I need to register it? 2017/11/01 02:57:23 (permalink)
    1) They are called authorized sellers. When you purchase from authorized sellers your get bonuses, like being able to use the step-up program on certain products.
    2) Your warranty starts from the day you purchased the new item. If you don't register it, the warranty starts the day EVGA shipped the item from it's warehouse.
    3) Uploading the invoice proves where your bought the item from and that you were the original purchaser. So this will affect things like your warranty start date, step-up eligibility and extended warranty options.

Once you're ready to register your product, please click my Affiliate code link in my signature to register your product.

Thanks.
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: New PSU, why do I need to register it? 2017/11/01 03:42:44 (permalink)
    Hello, 

We use the invoice to verify the date of purchase and the date the OPTIONAL warranty starts, that is why we ask for it when you register and when you request warranty service.

The retailer you purchased from is the one who provides you with warranty service under your local consumer law. EVGA's warranty is not part of the guarantee under the local laws unless you purchased directly from EVGA's website. 

If you'd like more detailed information email supportEU@evga.com

Everything is security. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile