EVGA

AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..866867868869870.. > >> Showing page 870 of 2018
Author
asitter
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:53:12 (permalink)
3 hours away from my spot on the 3897 queue.... please please please let there be a drop today! Make my weekend!
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:54:21 (permalink)
jason_l
Just another note for enewt -

Thank you for your updates and all you put into them. Writing is hard and emotional work and we have followed the ups and downs with you mate. It's what makes this a community.
I'm from Australia and also in a queue over here. It is a local supplier queue so nothing to do with these queues here. I stumbled on this thread and thought it might give me some insight into the overall supply chain for evga.
So I don't have a lot of reason to read the google doc, but your regular commentary makes me feel part of something and keeps me coming back.
Thanks enewt, you're a bloody legend

Cyan_Husky
@enewt I also still check your updates every day. Thank you very much for all you've done here. I would probably have given up without them. That said, if you feel like it, you can retire anytime you want. You've already gone above and beyond.

Thank you for the kind words; they are appreciated.  This community is awesome!

@Dabadger84, my condolences on your pup.  Losing a four-legged member of the family is tough.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Jimmy81
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:54:53 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
So I am wondering about this magical solution that EVGA has, the "queue" system they have, in essence I think its great !! but something does not make sense to me :

Basically anyone that clicks the "notify" button for their card, gets a reservation in a queue, and when your turn comes you get a window to purchase the card, right ?!

So where does BestBuy sit on the queue ?

I have seen the EVGA cards go in and out of stock at BestBuy many times, so obviously they are getting hold of these cards somehow, to further sell them. and they always are sold out before you even get a chance to add it to your cart, I'm assuming bots.

I would be interested to understand how BestBuy might have a priority access to the cards from EVGA that us users, the EVGA direct loyal end users, are struggling to get hold of ?

EVGA has contractual obligations with retailers like best buy that must be fulfilled before releasing to the queue for direct sales.
Brauer
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:55:28 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Just wanted to post a thank you to those that used my Rewards or Affiliate Code over the last few days, I've been kind of light on the forum side.
Had to put the family's younger dog to sleep yesterday due to kidney failure, still processing that because it's quite a shock she's gone.  She was only 7, which for her mix of breeds is far too young, she was a sweetheart who loved snuggles & attention just as much as barking at birds.

Stay safe out there folks, and remember to cherish the loved ones you have while they're still around, because you never know when they might be gone.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. I've gone through that with several dogs and cats and it is really tough even when they live long lives.
Bora1114
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 403
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:55:48 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
So I am wondering about this magical solution that EVGA has, the "queue" system they have, in essence I think its great !! but something does not make sense to me :

Basically anyone that clicks the "notify" button for their card, gets a reservation in a queue, and when your turn comes you get a window to purchase the card, right ?!

I have seen the EVGA cards go in and out of stock at BestBuy many times, so obviously they are getting hold of these cards somehow, to further sell them. and they always are sold out before you even get a chance to add it to your cart, I'm assuming bots.

I would be interested to understand how BestBuy might have a priority access to the cards from EVGA that us users, the EVGA direct loyal end users, are struggling to get hold of ?

EVGA has a contract with best buy to supply cards to them. If EVGA does not stick to the contract and thereby deprive Bestbuy of revenue, Best Buy could cancel all future deals with EVGA depriving them of a storefront to sell. This may not seem like an issue now but when times are good for supply, EVGA will lose a lot of revenue as Best Buy stocks their shelves with competitors products.
SyntaxTurtle
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 183
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:57:47 (permalink)
ken.bosiers

Large retailers have their own channel to the GPUs since they have contracts with EVGA.  And, for however loyal a customer any of us are individually, companies like Newegg, Best Buy or Micro Center buy thousands of times more GPUs than you or I ever will so EVGA has to keep them happy (happier, really) as well.

I'm sure that, in a perfect world for EVGA, they could sell all their GPUs via the queue since they'd be getting full retail value for each card rather than the wholesale rates the major retailers buy them for (and the big guys are getting very favorable wholesale pricing since, again, they buy tons of cards).  But that would cause all sorts of problems for EVGA down the road and isn't a practical way to handle it.
Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:58:50 (permalink)
sturm375
Bora1114
sturm375

And I think the whole thing could be made a lot better if this came directly from EVGA and/or nVidia, however all this is rumor from an article, written by a person that knows a person that overheard.... you get the idea. All I would ask is honesty and transparency from EVGA to their obviously loyal customers (or hope to be customers someday).  It's far too late for me to switch queues, at this point my hope is that in a few months the 3080 TIs come out, and I can get in with in the first few minutes of that. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to actually buy a card.

If ya enter other queues now ya might be able to do the step up when the 3080 ti arrives lol. I don't think they will be releasing it anytime soon.

As you might notice from my sig, I have entered a bunch of other queues, but a looooong way off on all of them.

The 3755 and the 3060 cards are moving pretty fast so might be worth signing up for those. Its not bad to space out sign ups too since we don't know when the 80 TI will be out and can try to sign up for different cards at different times to guestimate.
static.quai
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 682
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 07:59:52 (permalink)
sturm375
static.quai
sturm375

I think people are just frustrated and discouraged by the utter lack of progress on some SKUs. I mean it's closing in on 6 months with virtually no movement at all on my top 3 SKUs, because I poorly choose based on my budget rather than the profitability of the card for EVGA. That I CAN blame EVGA for, we are a smaller bit of the population, but it is totally clear that those that have the budget for higher end cards are superior in the eyes of EVGA.

I think part of the problem here is the manufacturing quality.  I recall seeing reports back in September that quality was being binned out at 'OK' - 30%, 'Good' - 60%, 'Great' - 10%.  Assuming they are using the 'OK' chips for the lower end (less OC'd) chips, they may simply not be able to make enough to fulfill pre-existing contracts and also drop cards in the queue.  Plus, if it was 30/60/10 in September, that's possibly gotten skewed more to good and great by now.  If they have chips that do OC better and can go in higher margin cards, why would they put them in cards they sell for less?  I'm just guessing on this, and I know it doesn't make it suck less.  As a comparison to other industries, it's not like a jeweler is going to put clarity D diamonds in earrings marketed as clarity G and sold at clarity G prices just to meet demand for those earrings, ya know?

And I think the whole thing could be made a lot better if this came directly from EVGA and/or nVidia, however all this is rumor from an article, written by a person that knows a person that overheard.... you get the idea. All I would ask is honesty and transparency from EVGA to their obviously loyal customers (or hope to be customers someday).  It's far too late for me to switch queues, at this point my hope is that in a few months the 3080 TIs come out, and I can get in with in the first few minutes of that. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to actually buy a card.

Fair point.  Good luck, I hope the 3080TI comes sooner rather than later.  I know it's a ways off, but if that turns out to be the consolation prize, that's pretty good.  Except for the waiting part.  That's still a drag.
ken.bosiers
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:05:42 (permalink)
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

EVGA has a contract with best buy to supply cards to them. If EVGA does not stick to the contract and thereby deprive Bestbuy of revenue, Best Buy could cancel all future deals with EVGA depriving them of a storefront to sell. This may not seem like an issue now but when times are good for supply, EVGA will lose a lot of revenue as Best Buy stocks their shelves with competitors products.

So basically this still makes the queue system favorable to bots and scalpers who get it from BestBuy, as BestBuy has priority and so giving bots and scalpers priority access.
Jimmy81
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:07:07 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

So basically this still makes the queue system favorable to bots and scalpers who get it from BestBuy, as BestBuy has priority and so giving bots and scalpers priority access.

More or less yeah. I'd love to see them go into a queue system too but not gonna hold my breath. NewEgg at least has the shuffle which is (slightly) better than nothing.
Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:09:30 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

The queue system is separate. It has 0 effect on existing contracts with retailers.
ken.bosiers
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:11:39 (permalink)
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

The queue system is separate. It has 0 effect on existing contracts with retailers.

What you say makes no sense at all. If those cards going to BestBuy contracts were going to the Queue, then the queue would move much faster.
Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:12:55 (permalink)
Jimmy81

More or less yeah. I'd love to see them go into a queue system too but not gonna hold my breath. NewEgg at least has the shuffle which is (slightly) better than nothing.

The shuffle is overrun with bots. You can sign up with fresh accounts as many times as you want.
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:14:15 (permalink)
I see the salt miners are here in full swing again. The queue is a tool. There are other tools available to get a card. If you’re patient, then the queue will work for you. If you’re not patient, utilize other tools.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:15:08 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

What you say makes no sense at all. If those cards going to BestBuy contracts were going to the Queue, then the queue would move much faster.

You don't seem to understand how contracts work.

If EVGA is contractually obligated to ship 1000 cards a week to Best Buy, they must ship the 1000 cards a week to best buy. If they do not, it will harm business for EVGA in the future (possibly in the present with legal ramifications) even if it satisfies people in queue. 
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:17:03 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Just wanted to post a thank you to those that used my Rewards or Affiliate Code over the last few days, I've been kind of light on the forum side.
Had to put the family's younger dog to sleep yesterday due to kidney failure, still processing that because it's quite a shock she's gone.  She was only 7, which for her mix of breeds is far too young, she was a sweetheart who loved snuggles & attention just as much as barking at birds.

Stay safe out there folks, and remember to cherish the loved ones you have while they're still around, because you never know when they might be gone.

Sorry to hear that. I just went through the same thing the day after Christmas with my pup. He was about 6 and 3/4, which even though a giant breed, was too young. He had made it through all sorts of other issues and then suddenly got heart disease and that took him out quickly. It is never easy, it never heals fast, and here I am over two months later and I'm still a mess when I think about it too much. I'm not crying, you're crying. Oof...anyway. hang in there. Take care and make sure you follow your own advice there too.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
drewski989
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 657
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:17:51 (permalink)
Man I had so much hope for a positive day on the forum at 8AM EST... I can only make the hypothesis that the West Coast is saltier than the East Coast... LOL jk.

Good luck and fast queues yall (relatively speaking).

ken.bosiers
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:20:58 (permalink)
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

If EVGA is contractually obligated to ship 1000 cards a week to Best Buy, they must ship the 1000 cards a week to best buy. If they do not, it will harm business for EVGA in the future (possibly in the present with legal ramifications) even if it satisfies people in queue. 

EXACTLY ! The queue does not move because of the contracts, the contracts has a TON of effect on the Queue, but the Queue has 0 effect on the contracts.
ken.bosiers
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:23:03 (permalink)
Basically what these contracts are saying is that BestBuy (newegg, microcenter also) customers are more important than EVGA customers.

actek23
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 303
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:24:31 (permalink)
Dabadger84

Sorry for your loss....  

Quick question...

If im already an associate, can i use another person's associate's code? 

i tried yesterday and it wouldnt let me
post edited by actek23 - 2021/03/04 08:27:00

10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:06:11 AM PT Yes
10G-P5-3888-KR 12/10/2020 9:09:35 AM PT Yes
08G-P5-3767-KR 11/9/2020 11:14:20 AM PT Yes
12G-P5-3968-KR 6/3/2021 7:43:23 AM PT Yes
10G-P5-3897-KR 10/29/2020 7:52:54 AM PT No
12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 8:25:18 AM PT No

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2363
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:25:12 (permalink)
Good luck everyone,
Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:25:41 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

EXACTLY ! The queue does not move because of the contracts, the contracts has a TON of effect on the Queue, but the Queue has 0 effect on the contracts.

The contracts are preexisting. They have no effect on the queue because they never were going to not exist or end early. Any supply going to these contracts should not be considered as not going to the queue. The contracts are not changing since EVGA makes more by selling directly to consumers, therefor they are not increasing supply to retailers.

You stated the queue system has an effect on the contracts. Something cannot be favorable or dis favorable if it has no effect.
"So basically this still makes the queue system favorable to bots and scalpers who get it from BestBuy, as BestBuy has priority and so giving bots and scalpers priority access."
Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:27:02 (permalink)
actek23
Dabadger84

If im already an associate, can i use another person's associate's code? 

i tried yesterday and it wouldnt let me

No you cannot be an associate and use a code. Be careful tho, once you end your associate status you cannot become an associate again. 
mdcurry
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:27:14 (permalink)
If you were EVGA you would do the same thing. They need many outlets to sell products.
rcosika
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:34:01 (permalink)
Here's what I don't get:  Why on earth do some of you think EVGA owes us anything as far as an explanation???!!!  That part cracks me up - EVGA is voluntarily offering this service.  EVGA certainly has business deals and contracts that take priority over the queue - it is what it is, and no amount of foot-stomping, gnashing of teeth, and temper-tantrums is going to change that.  And, nothing stops any of us from pursuing other options to get a card.  

If you don't like the way this works, don't like the way the program works, don't care for the progress, don't like EVGA anymore, whatever, then do the rest of us a favor = drop out of all your queues and GO AWAY! 

Try getting your card from Asus, Zotec, whomever, and see if you have any better luck.  Or go complain about Best Buy, New Egg, whomever.  Good luck to you.  

There are a handful of people here who are trying their best to make the situation tolerable, with great updates and friendly banter (lookin' at you, in particular, eNewt ).  Others have thoughtful commentary and discussions about the situation, in general, which is also interesting. 

And then there are those who just pop in to complain about not getting the card they want when they want it.  Holy entitlement.  So again, if this is unacceptable, drop your queues, close your account, and go off on your merry way.  Best of luck to you.  See how easy that is? 

@Dabadger84:  I am sooo sorry to hear about your losses.  My Dad has been gone awhile , but we lost both our dogs in the last two (2) years.  One was almost 16 years old and the other almost 13, so we got to enjoy their company and share our time with them for a pretty long while.  It still hurts, though, so I can sympathize with the loss.  Just try to remember all the great times and joy they brought to your life!  

Good luck to all those who are patiently waiting today!  And thanks to those who are working to make things better! 

If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.
                                              ~Joseph Addison~
SyntaxTurtle
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 183
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:35:48 (permalink)
ken.bosiers
Basically what these contracts are saying is that BestBuy (newegg, microcenter also) customers are more important than EVGA customers.

Until you buy 10,000 GPUs, that's probably true.

ken.bosiers
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:36:42 (permalink)
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers
Bora1114
ken.bosiers

The contracts are preexisting. They have no effect on the queue because they never were going to not exist or end early. Any supply going to these contracts should not be considered as not going to the queue. The contracts are not changing since EVGA makes more by selling directly to consumers, therefor they are not increasing supply to retailers.

You stated the queue system has an effect on the contracts. Something cannot be favorable or dis favorable if it has no effect.
"So basically this still makes the queue system favorable to bots and scalpers who get it from BestBuy, as BestBuy has priority and so giving bots and scalpers priority access."

No; I did not say the Queue system has an effect on the contracts, that is wrong. I said the contracts delays the Queue system, and the contracts effects the queue, also I said that the contracts makes acquiring the cards favorable to bots and scalpers as retailers do not give 2 hoots about the queue as bots and scalpers can purchase from the retailers, so the retailers basically skip the queue for the bots and scalpers.
johcamp21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 323
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:37:01 (permalink)
rcosika
Here's what I don't get:  Why on earth do some of you think EVGA owes us anything as far as an explanation???!!!  That part cracks me up - EVGA is voluntarily offering this service.  EVGA certainly has business deals and contracts that take priority over the queue - it is what it is, and no amount of foot-stomping, gnashing of teeth, and temper-tantrums is going to change that.  And, nothing stops any of us from pursuing other options to get a card.  

If you don't like the way this works, don't like the way the program works, don't care for the progress, don't like EVGA anymore, whatever, then do the rest of us a favor = drop out of all your queues and GO AWAY! 

Try getting your card from Asus, Zotec, whomever, and see if you have any better luck.  Or go complain about Best Buy, New Egg, whomever.  Good luck to you.  

There are a handful of people here who are trying their best to make the situation tolerable, with great updates and friendly banter (lookin' at you, in particular, eNewt ).  Others have thoughtful commentary and discussions about the situation, in general, which is also interesting. 

And then there are those who just pop in to complain about not getting the card they want when they want it.  Holy entitlement.  So again, if this is unacceptable, drop your queues, close your account, and go off on your merry way.  Best of luck to you.  See how easy that is? 

@Dabadger84:  I am sooo sorry to hear about your losses.  My Dad has been gone awhile , but we lost both our dogs in the last two (2) years.  One was almost 16 years old and the other almost 13, so we got to enjoy their company and share our time with them for a pretty long while.  It still hurts, though, so I can sympathize with the loss.  Just try to remember all the great times and joy they brought to your life!  

Good luck to all those who are patiently waiting today!  And thanks to those who are working to make things better! 

All of this!

Good luck today everyone!

The rewards program is over - Sadge

Bora1114
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:38:25 (permalink)
SyntaxTurtle
ken.bosiers

Until you buy 10,000 GPUs, that's probably true.

10,000 GPUs at a time when there is no shortage and they have to offer rebates to retailers lolol
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/03/04 08:41:35 (permalink)
Newegg Product shuffle page now shows "Expired" with a link to Today's Best Deals.
$10 says they got tired of dealing with salt miners flooding their support with demands.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

Page: << < ..866867868869870.. > >> Showing page 870 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile