AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..696697698699700.. > >> Showing page 698 of 2018
Author
SirKronan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 330
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 03:08:08 (permalink)
Hey, everyone! So I'm having a bit of a display dilemma. I've been using an LG 27" 4k IPS panel for a couple years now. Got it on an unbelievable price from Sam's Club. They had sold all the boxed displays, and I ended up snagging the demo model for $135. It has been a good display, and I honestly do more photo editing on it than gaming. In fact, gaming is probably one of the things that takes the least amount of my computer usage time. That said, I still want it to be good when I DO get the chance to game, of course!

It is freesync compatible, but not super fast at only 75hz. It has still been pretty good for gaming. Very low input latency/lag. It does everything well that you'd expect from a good IPS panel - viewing angles, good brightness even during daytime (large windows in the home office), and of course color accuracy is excellent. The rub is that using Samsung phones for years, and having my 2nd generation of HP Spectre x360 laptop with an OLED display has straight up opened my eyes to amazing black levels. VA panels get you better black levels, but they don't have the viewing angles of IPS. But if I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably rather have better black levels, as usually only one or two of us are working on the computer at the same time. When gaming, it's usually only me or one of the kids. There's not really room at that desk spot for more than one chair. 

For my left and right displays (the 27" is in the center) I have two 22.5 business class Samsung LED backlit displays. They have height adjustment and rotate 90 degrees. They have zero backlight bleed, unlike the Dell LCDs I had there before. I like the Samsungs much better. Ideally, I'd like to get a center 4k display that's bigger than my 27", and then rotate the side displays to portrait. A friend of mine did this once, and I thought it was amazing! Something in the 40" range would be idea, and have the right height to look nice centered between the two portrait rotated Samsungs, but 4k displays jump from 32" (which isn't quite tall enough - it would look funny!) to 43" it seems. A 43" would be ok in my scenario, I believe, especially if it has good characteristics for photo editing and general computer usage.

I would LOVE to go OLED, but they don't make a 43" version that I'm aware of. 48" is just too big for this desk and how far away I can sit and still reach the mouse and keyboard. I actually tried a 50" Vizio that was mega cheap on sale at Costco last year. I figured it would be WAY to big to use as a monitor, but I was incredibly impressed with the black levels. It has the Quantum dot tech, which is Vizio's answer to Samsung's QLED, I believe. 

Samsung QLED TVs are also an option, and they have great black levels too, and I think they even make a 43". One advantage the Vizio had, however, was support for HDMI 2.1, which would allow very nice high refresh rates. The QLEDs from Samsung seem to be stuck on 2.0, even the newest 2020 models. Also, for some inexplicable reason, the entire QLED lineup will go on sale frequently ... EXCEPT THE BLITHERING 43" MODEL. Seriously. What the flip ... anyways, there are also some 42.5 inch photo editing displays from HP and LG and Dell, but they are more expensive than a QLED 43" LCD, and they are usually IPS panels. I think HP makes one that is a VA panel, but it tops out at 60hz. 

Any suggestions or experiences from anyone out there? I'd prefer to do triple monitors rather than a giant ultrawide. I have far more real estate for far less money than someone would spend on the Samsung super wide monitors. I don't fault someone for buying one of those, by any means, but for as much editing and productivity as I do, the triple monitor setup makes a whole lot more sense- financially and practically. It will be powered by my current Nvidia card, and hopefully by a future 3080, should I ever have my turn in the queue or luck out at a retailer. I am thinking of getting something now in the 42-43" range to take with me to Texas while I'm at tech school down there for several months, and then bring it back with me to replace the 27" LG as my primary display. 

I am open and appreciative of any of your opinions and experiences. Thanks in advance!

Current Temp Rig: Modded cheapo HP SFF gaming PC with AMD Ryzen 3600 + Arctic Freezer 7X, 32GB Crucial DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, incoming EVGA 3060 12GB. 400w HP Platinum PSU, 43" Asus XG438Q Gaming Monitor
reolik
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 04:43:49 (permalink)
Greetings! Can I somehow find out my position in the queue? I understand that there are a lot of people, but I have been waiting since January 2, and I would like to know how much longer I have to wait.
sturm375
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 191
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 05:00:17 (permalink)
reolik
Greetings! Can I somehow find out my position in the queue? I understand that there are a lot of people, but I have been waiting since January 2, and I would like to know how much longer I have to wait.

Which card(s) are you signed up for?

This page gets updated most days with movement.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NrR71ipaJktCzT1pWj9FWxNHGWAbcxMorvRvEPaPh48/edit

10G-P5-3885-KL 09/19/2020 6:00:12 AM PT YES
10G-P5-3883-KR 09/19/2020 6:00:00 AM PT REMOVED
10G-P5-3881-KL 09/19/2020 5:58:41 AM PT REMOVED
10G-P5-3895-KR 01/26/2021 12:37:30 PM PT REMOVED
10G-P5-3897-KL 01/26/2021 12:37:09 PM PT REMOVED
08G-P5-3667-KL 01/05/2021 05:43:31 PM PT REMOVED
08G-P5-3665-KR 01/05/2021 05:43:07 PM PT REMOVED
08G-P5-3797-KL 06/10/2021 06:50:53 AM PT REMOVED
12G-P5-3968-KR 06/04/2021 09:42:55 PM PT REMOVED
12G-5P-3958-KR 06/04/2021 09:43:21 PM PT REMOVED
Razorhog
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 05:48:16 (permalink)
Adiyaaa1234567
does anyone know any good psu extensions that come with 3 pcie cables?

I haven't seen any. I looked quite a bit and ended up going with a complete kit from Cablemod, but it only comes with two 8-pin PCIe cables. I think you can then buy a single cable.  I won't need to because I ended up with the XC3 3080 that has 2 plugs. 

Case - Corsair 4000X with 4000D Airflow front panel
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U12A
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 CL16
GPU - EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
SSD - ADATA XPG SX8200 2TB M.2 NVME
PSU -  White Corsair RMx 850 Gold
Monitor - 34" Gigabyte G34WQC 144Hz
Full Specs
TheRealMikeVan
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 06:44:30 (permalink)
SirKronan
Hey, everyone! So I'm having a bit of a display dilemma. I've been using an LG 27" 4k IPS panel for a couple years now. Got it on an unbelievable price from Sam's Club. They had sold all the boxed displays, and I ended up snagging the demo model for $135. It has been a good display, and I honestly do more photo editing on it than gaming. In fact, gaming is probably one of the things that takes the least amount of my computer usage time. That said, I still want it to be good when I DO get the chance to game, of course!

It is freesync compatible, but not super fast at only 75hz. It has still been pretty good for gaming. Very low input latency/lag. It does everything well that you'd expect from a good IPS panel - viewing angles, good brightness even during daytime (large windows in the home office), and of course color accuracy is excellent. The rub is that using Samsung phones for years, and having my 2nd generation of HP Spectre x360 laptop with an OLED display has straight up opened my eyes to amazing black levels. VA panels get you better black levels, but they don't have the viewing angles of IPS. But if I had to choose one or the other, I'd probably rather have better black levels, as usually only one or two of us are working on the computer at the same time. When gaming, it's usually only me or one of the kids. There's not really room at that desk spot for more than one chair. 

For my left and right displays (the 27" is in the center) I have two 22.5 business class Samsung LED backlit displays. They have height adjustment and rotate 90 degrees. They have zero backlight bleed, unlike the Dell LCDs I had there before. I like the Samsungs much better. Ideally, I'd like to get a center 4k display that's bigger than my 27", and then rotate the side displays to portrait. A friend of mine did this once, and I thought it was amazing! Something in the 40" range would be idea, and have the right height to look nice centered between the two portrait rotated Samsungs, but 4k displays jump from 32" (which isn't quite tall enough - it would look funny!) to 43" it seems. A 43" would be ok in my scenario, I believe, especially if it has good characteristics for photo editing and general computer usage.

I would LOVE to go OLED, but they don't make a 43" version that I'm aware of. 48" is just too big for this desk and how far away I can sit and still reach the mouse and keyboard. I actually tried a 50" Vizio that was mega cheap on sale at Costco last year. I figured it would be WAY to big to use as a monitor, but I was incredibly impressed with the black levels. It has the Quantum dot tech, which is Vizio's answer to Samsung's QLED, I believe. 

Samsung QLED TVs are also an option, and they have great black levels too, and I think they even make a 43". One advantage the Vizio had, however, was support for HDMI 2.1, which would allow very nice high refresh rates. The QLEDs from Samsung seem to be stuck on 2.0, even the newest 2020 models. Also, for some inexplicable reason, the entire QLED lineup will go on sale frequently ... EXCEPT THE BLITHERING 43" MODEL. Seriously. What the flip ... anyways, there are also some 42.5 inch photo editing displays from HP and LG and Dell, but they are more expensive than a QLED 43" LCD, and they are usually IPS panels. I think HP makes one that is a VA panel, but it tops out at 60hz. 

Any suggestions or experiences from anyone out there? I'd prefer to do triple monitors rather than a giant ultrawide. I have far more real estate for far less money than someone would spend on the Samsung super wide monitors. I don't fault someone for buying one of those, by any means, but for as much editing and productivity as I do, the triple monitor setup makes a whole lot more sense- financially and practically. It will be powered by my current Nvidia card, and hopefully by a future 3080, should I ever have my turn in the queue or luck out at a retailer. I am thinking of getting something now in the 42-43" range to take with me to Texas while I'm at tech school down there for several months, and then bring it back with me to replace the 27" LG as my primary display. 

I am open and appreciative of any of your opinions and experiences. Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I’m surprised you’d rather go TN if you do photo editing. My understanding has always been that IPS is better than TN for colour accuracy. That’s why I went with an IPS for my gaming monitor. To help us give you a recommendation though, what kind of gaming do you do? Is it mainly competitive multiplayer or single player story driven? Because tbh, most people care more about frames than resolution when it comes to competitive - pros with crazy pc setups will game at 1080p and then their settings down in favour of max frame rate. But if you’re doing mainly single player, I’d go for the highest resolution and best colour representation that you can. You can still notice frame rate differentials once it gets past 60, but I don’t think it takes away from the gameplay much if you’re at least consistent at 60. Consoles used to be maxed out at 60 anyways so if it was good enough then, it should still be good enough now. I can’t say much about QLED because so far only one company “actually” makes those (I think). You can find some nice comparison videos and explanations though!
Remember guys, this is all just my opinion so please be nice. I’m not a professional 😅 and apologies if I didn’t address all of your points, it was a long OP haha
post edited by TheRealMikeVan - 2021/01/24 07:06:41

EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
Intel i7-9700k
Corsair HX1200i
Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
32GB 3200MHz DDR4 G. Skill Ripjaws V Series
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL White
TheRealMikeVan
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 06:48:44 (permalink)
Razorhog
Adiyaaa1234567
does anyone know any good psu extensions that come with 3 pcie cables?

I haven't seen any. I looked quite a bit and ended up going with a complete kit from Cablemod, but it only comes with two 8-pin PCIe cables. I think you can then buy a single cable.  I won't need to because I ended up with the XC3 3080 that has 2 plugs. 

If you go into the configurator, they have a bridged 8+8+8 pin PCIE replacement cable. I’m sure they’d have the same for extensions but you can also customize the length so hopefully you don’t need one. But like Razorhog said, you can also just buy three separate extension PCIE cords from them as well. They might also have a bridged version of the 8+8+8 PCIE extension. I’d try taking a look there, Adiyaaa :)

Intel i7-9700k
Corsair HX1200i
Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
CptT95
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 09:49:23 (permalink)
I got a bridged cable from Mainframe custom for much less then the other company's charge if all you want is the 3x 8 pin cable
though you have a few weeks to wait for it to be made though since they are busy with only a 2 man crew lol
jbaysingar
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 10:09:19 (permalink)
I've resigned myself to waiting for my queue notification (BB never lets me add anything to the cart, Newegg is actively trolling its customers, and B&H just sends me emails telling me things *aren't* in stock ), but it's going to be a while since I didn't sign up until 11/29 so I figure I might as well get in on the PSU conversation while I wait.

My previous PSU was semi-modular with the only PCI-E cables being two hard-wired 6-pins. So, in anticipation of (someday) getting a 3080 FTW3, I upgraded to a Thermaltake ToughPower PF1 Platinum 850W that's fully modular and came with 3 6+2-pin PCI-E cables. I considered going up to a 1000W, but given that I'm running a stock 9900X on a 280 AIO, and I don't plan to push the FTW3 past the factory OC, I figured I should be okay with 850 and there was no need to spend the extra money on available wattage I wasn't going to use.
philipma1957
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 593
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 10:13:32 (permalink)
jbaysingar
I've resigned myself to waiting for my queue notification (BB never lets me add anything to the cart, Newegg is actively trolling its customers, and B&H just sends me emails telling me things *aren't* in stock ), but it's going to be a while since I didn't sign up until 11/29 so I figure I might as well get in on the PSU conversation while I wait.

My previous PSU was semi-modular with the only PCI-E cables being two hard-wired 6-pins. So, in anticipation of (someday) getting a 3080 FTW3, I upgraded to a Thermaltake ToughPower PF1 Platinum 850W that's fully modular and came with 3 6+2-pin PCI-E cables. I considered going up to a 1000W, but given that I'm running a stock 9900X on a 280 AIO, and I don't plan to push the FTW3 past the factory OC, I figured I should be okay with 850 and there was no need to spend the extra money on available wattage I wasn't going to use.

That should be good for your needs.
AncientGael
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 11:05:48 (permalink)
SirKronan

Samsung QLED TVs are also an option, and they have great black levels too, and I think they even make a 43". One advantage the Vizio had, however, was support for HDMI 2.1, which would allow very nice high refresh rates. The QLEDs from Samsung seem to be stuck on 2.0, even the newest 2020 models. Also, for some inexplicable reason, the entire QLED lineup will go on sale frequently ... EXCEPT THE BLITHERING 43" MODEL. Seriously. What the flip ... anyways, there are also some 42.5 inch photo editing displays from HP and LG and Dell, but they are more expensive than a QLED 43" LCD, and they are usually IPS panels. I think HP makes one that is a VA panel, but it tops out at 60hz. 

To add to the advice given above, it seems to me gaming is very much a secondary usage for you. Any advice would be dependent on what type of gaming you do. It sounds to me as if you need very high resolution, for your productivity applications. Very high resolutions like 4/8 K mean your gpu is taxed and so can't pump out as many frames. So in gaming it's a tradeoff. Most pros (as stated above) stick to 1080p 240hz, because in shooters or other similar twitch skill games, frames are king. Always.

Up until recently that meant for most serious shooter players they had to go with a TN. A year or so ago some really fast high refresh IPS gaming panels came onto the market. Asus/LG/Gigabyte/ and Acer all have models, and they are on the expensive side. I picked one up about a year ago, and it's a 1440 27 inch 144hz IPS. Honestly it's fantastic, you have to think about resolution and screen size, you really don't want to be running anything over a 27 inch at 1080p. The image quality goes to hell, and that's why hardcore shooter players stick with a 24 inch as well.

1440/144hz at 27 inch is pretty much a perfect balance in that sense for me, for gaming and general use. The IPS gaming panels really are taking it to the next level in providing that quality.

Lastly it all has to be paired with a GPU that can drive your monitor at it's peak performance. That's where cards like the new 30 series are a leap forward, they can put out the grunt needed to drive high refresh high resolution. In short, it's usually always a tradeoff between resolution which is alson image quality/panel size/ and refresh rate, you need to put each of those in order of priority, then make your decision based on that, plus knowing the horse power of your gpu.

post edited by AncientGael - 2021/01/24 11:17:27
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 11:43:26 (permalink)
Whats special about LG nano ips tech?
AncientGael
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 13:57:01 (permalink)
CptT95

To sum it up, the tech they are using in the gaming IPS panels, gives you the low latency high refresh of a TN with none of the tradeoffs. TNs tend to have limited viewing angles. It's not only LG making them, although their panels get rave reviews.
SirKronan
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 14:00:37 (permalink)
TheRealMikeVan
SirKronan

Samsung QLED TVs are also an option, and they have great black levels too, and I think they even make a 43". One advantage the Vizio had, however, was support for HDMI 2.1, which would allow very nice high refresh rates. The QLEDs from Samsung seem to be stuck on 2.0, even the newest 2020 models. Also, for some inexplicable reason, the entire QLED lineup will go on sale frequently ... EXCEPT THE BLITHERING 43" MODEL. Seriously. What the flip ... anyways, there are also some 42.5 inch photo editing displays from HP and LG and Dell, but they are more expensive than a QLED 43" LCD, and they are usually IPS panels. I think HP makes one that is a VA panel, but it tops out at 60hz. 

Honestly, I’m surprised you’d rather go TN if you do photo editing. My understanding has always been that IPS is better than TN for colour accuracy. That’s why I went with an IPS for my gaming monitor. To help us give you a recommendation though, what kind of gaming do you do? Is it mainly competitive multiplayer or single player story driven? Because tbh, most people care more about frames than resolution when it comes to competitive - pros with crazy pc setups will game at 1080p and then their settings down in favour of max frame rate. But if you’re doing mainly single player, I’d go for the highest resolution and best colour representation that you can. You can still notice frame rate differentials once it gets past 60, but I don’t think it takes away from the gameplay much if you’re at least consistent at 60. Consoles used to be maxed out at 60 anyways so if it was good enough then, it should still be good enough now. I can’t say much about QLED because so far only one company “actually” makes those (I think). You can find some nice comparison videos and explanations though!
Remember guys, this is all just my opinion so please be nice. I’m not a professional 😅 and apologies if I didn’t address all of your points, it was a long OP haha

Of course I appreciate your viewpoint! I don't think I said TN panel ... I think I said VA. TN is not even on my radar! And your reasons seem very similar to mine - color accuracy and viewing angles. VA can get pretty darn good at color these days, but is not there with viewing angles. Maybe for now I'll just stick with IPS and get one of the new 42.5 inch editing displays. They have low input lag, which will be fine for gaming the way I game. Yes, editing is definitely the bigger priority! I just drool over the black levels on my OLED phones and laptop, and I'm blown away by the black levels on Samsung's QLED and Vizio's Quantum dot TVs. I suppose I'm looking to "have my cake and eat it, too" if possible, lol. I'm not a crazy competitive pro. I occasionally play some DOTA 2 online, but that's about as competitive as I get. 

AncientGael
SirKronan

To add to the advice given above, it seems to me gaming is very much a secondary usage for you. Any advice would be dependent on what type of gaming you do. It sounds to me as if you need very high resolution, for your productivity applications. Very high resolutions like 4/8 K mean your gpu is taxed and so can't pump out as many frames. So in gaming it's a tradeoff. Most pros (as stated above) stick to 1080p 240hz, because in shooters or other similar twitch skill games, frames are king. Always.

Up until recently that meant for most serious shooter players they had to go with a TN. A year or so ago some really fast high refresh IPS gaming panels came onto the market. Asus/LG/Gigabyte/ and Acer all have models, and they are on the expensive side. I picked one up about a year ago, and it's a 1440 27 inch 144hz IPS. Honestly it's fantastic, you have to think about resolution and screen size, you really don't want to be running anything over a 27 inch at 1080p. The image quality goes to hell, and that's why hardcore shooter players stick with a 24 inch as well.

1440/144hz at 27 inch is pretty much a perfect balance in that sense for me, for gaming and general use. The IPS gaming panels really are taking it to the next level in providing that quality.

Lastly it all has to be paired with a GPU that can drive your monitor at it's peak performance. That's where cards like the new 30 series are a leap forward, they can put out the grunt needed to drive high refresh high resolution. In short, it's usually always a tradeoff between resolution which is alson image quality/panel size/ and refresh rate, you need to put each of those in order of priority, then make your decision based on that, plus knowing the horse power of your gpu.

8K is not on my radar. Not even a little bit. I still author some video content in 1080p. Most of my video jobs are from clients that don't have much in the way of 4k yet, and they're thrilled how good their stuff looks in 1080p. I have a 1650 Super in my tower now. I did have a 3070 founders edition in it before, and I can actually notice a delay and some stutter on my 4k display in the center, and I don't understand why. I'm not gaming, this is just regular desktop tasks like web browsing. There's a perceptible delay on mouse movement and even typing on the keyboard. Why would that be? My PC is practically idle right now, but this delay is enough that it's driving me a little crazy ... wondering if it's my HDMI cable, since the side monitors are still perfectly smooth ... It's an old HDMI cable, but it was a high quality one at the time. 

Anyways, the goal is to ultimately have a 3080. I was hoping to hold out for a 3080ti hybrid, but the "ti" is on hold indefinitely now, so I'm just shooting for the 3080 now. I do use CUDA for rendering and video content conversion, and it usually performs exceedingly well. For anything software-rendered, the 5900X just flies. 

Right now I'm leaning towards a Samsung QLED 43" (if they ever decide to include that particular size in their sales) or the HP 42.5 inch IPS display, which is literally made for editing. The nice thing about the QLED, is that at least there is some higher refresh rate possibilities there if I want to try at resolutions like 1440p, and the black levels are fantastic. It works great as a display in "gaming mode" as it shuts off all enhancements and runs it with no input lag. 

Which do you think would be better in the long run? Samsung QLED or HP 42.5? (there are a couple of other 42.5 models in the same ilk as the HP, so it doesn't have to be the HP specifically. I'd probably just get whichever one is on the best sale at the time.) 

Thanks to both of you for the feedback!! It is super helpful. Whatever I buy, it's not like it's going to go to waste. Between my wife and I, we are a blended family with a total of nine children, most of which are big into technology and would get good use out of any hand-me-down displays in the future. 

Current Temp Rig: Modded cheapo HP SFF gaming PC with AMD Ryzen 3600 + Arctic Freezer 7X, 32GB Crucial DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, incoming EVGA 3060 12GB. 400w HP Platinum PSU, 43" Asus XG438Q Gaming Monitor
SirKronan
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 14:02:12 (permalink)
AncientGael
CptT95

To sum it up, the tech they are using in the gaming IPS panels, gives you the low latency high refresh of a TN with none of the tradeoffs. TNs tend to have limited viewing angles. It's not only LG making them, although their panels get rave reviews.

Do their TVs with nano IPS have as good of black levels as QLED/quantum dot TVs? If so, I might need to add those onto my radar if they make a 43" model ... I know they make PC monitors, but I don't think they make one tall enough for what I want to do with my two side displays. 

SirKronan
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 14:09:11 (permalink)
AncientGael
CptT95

This one looks perfect, except it appears to not actually exist yet. It even has local dimming, which is very rare and very helpful. The smallest nano-cell I can find that you can actually buy are 49". Too big for the desk. The biggest nano-cell PC monitor is 32" unless you go ultrawide, which won't work for what I'm doing. Looks like I'm limited to either QLED 43" or a 42.5" monitor. Vizio made a very affordable 43" quantum dot competitor to the Samsung QLED, but it doesn't exist anymore either. Sold out everywhere, including Vizio's website. A shame, because I have the 50", and it is fantastic. Even has HDMI 2.1 for wicked fast refresh rates. Colors really pop, and black levels are noticeably deeper than my LG IPS monitor. It would be a LOT cheaper than a QLED or a 42.5" monitor, too. 

Edit: forgot the link - https://www.lg.com/ph/tvs/lg-43UM7500PPA

AncientGael
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 15:09:18 (permalink)
SirKronan
AncientGael
CptT95

This one looks perfect, except it appears to not actually exist yet. It even has local dimming, which is very rare and very helpful. The smallest nano-cell I can find that you can actually buy are 49". Too big for the desk. The biggest nano-cell PC monitor is 32" unless you go ultrawide, which won't work for what I'm doing. Looks like I'm limited to either QLED 43" or a 42.5" monitor. Vizio made a very affordable 43" quantum dot competitor to the Samsung QLED, but it doesn't exist anymore either. Sold out everywhere, including Vizio's website. A shame, because I have the 50", and it is fantastic. Even has HDMI 2.1 for wicked fast refresh rates. Colors really pop, and black levels are noticeably deeper than my LG IPS monitor. It would be a LOT cheaper than a QLED or a 42.5" monitor, too. 

Edit: forgot the link - 

I am in no way a panel expert, what i know is very general knowledge as to the pros and cons of different displays. There are so many variables involved, that i'd advise you to check out hardware unboxed on youtube. One of the guy's is a panel nerd and so does a lot of really indepth panel reviews, they are great to watch just to increase your knowledge base if nothing else.
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 15:14:21 (permalink)
tskrzynecki
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 15:49:29 (permalink)
Getting closer in the queue. This has to be the most painful building process ever
philipma1957
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 16:18:58 (permalink)
tskrzynecki
Getting closer in the queue. This has to be the most painful building process ever

Yeah and it won't get better for months and months and months to come. Eth mining is getting better not worse. a 3060ti earns 60 x 7.76 cents = $4.65 a day if you have high power cost it uses 4 kwatts at 40 cents = $1.60 in power. which means it clears $3 a day at worst If you have 10 cent power cost it clears  4.65-0.40 = $4.25 a day.  Demand will be high as long as a 3060ti card profits 3-4.25 a day.  I suspect  we don't see this clear out until the fall.
tskrzynecki
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 16:24:26 (permalink)
Wow I thought mining had slowed down
philipma1957
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 16:50:09 (permalink)
tskrzynecki
Wow I thought mining had slowed down

BTC slowed ETH is going up. It got to 8 cents a mh or 4.80 usd for a 3060ti dropped to 6.9 cents or 4.14 usd now back to 7.76 cents or 4.65 a card

A 500 dollar card making 4 bucks a day after power cost  pays off in 125 days.  My guess is NVIDIA is diverting chips to noname basic mining cards and short changing companies like evga msi asus etc.  Tom's hard ware had an article on the release of a mining 3060ti card. coming out next week.  My guess is the other gaming card companies got less chips.  All of the info above is not proven. But it all fits.

link here
https://www.tomshardware....tx-3060-ti-miner-cards

Eth hash rate is at all time high 344,284 gh or 5,508,544.

3060ti cards if it were all that card. we know it is a lot of other gpus, but it is sucking up cards.

that hash rate is on https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate
post edited by philipma1957 - 2021/01/24 16:54:31
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 16:57:11 (permalink)
How long would it take a 3080 to pay back for itself 😒🤔
Where card cost is 850 after taxes
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 17:00:49 (permalink)
Wondering if I should mine when I get new card while at work
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 17:17:20 (permalink)
Just keep in mind, there's no way of knowing if prolonged mining will cause damage on these cards - there were a lot of cards several years ago that were mined on excessively & when they were resold on EBay by the miners during a value-crash, had a very high failure rate - specifically the R9 290/290X type of cards, and the NVidia counterpart cards.
If you do choose to mine on your card, I would recommend doing an undervolt & downclocking the vRAM a little bit as well to be safe, especially on 3090s since the vRAM on the back can get quite warm, and depending on what your mining, it can actually put more stress on the vRAM than the GPU core itself.

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

philipma1957
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 17:26:37 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Just keep in mind, there's no way of knowing if prolonged mining will cause damage on these cards - there were a lot of cards several years ago that were mined on excessively & when they were resold on EBay by the miners during a value-crash, had a very high failure rate - specifically the R9 290/290X type of cards, and the NVidia counterpart cards.
If you do choose to mine on your card, I would recommend doing an undervolt & downclocking the vRAM a little bit as well to be safe, especially on 3090s since the vRAM on the back can get quite warm, and depending on what your mining, it can actually put more stress on the vRAM than the GPU core itself.

If I ever get some 3060ti's I will be building mining/gaming rigs.  I would prefer them as the 3060ti can do 60mh at 130 watts.
The 3080 needs 220-230 watts to do 95-100 mh.  I would fear mining a 3080 at 220-230 watts in a sealed rig. Long term heat is hard on a card. 220-230 watts is hot.
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 17:34:04 (permalink)
How does undervolting work anyways?
also I am looking at the hybrid and will likely have it setup as exhaust in the front/side of my Lian li o11d xl case with push/pull on it, so heat isn't too big an issue
Furthermore this will be about 10 hours a day, with some light gaming in the evening when I get home from work usually
pclausen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 18:09:08 (permalink)
I mined with 20 EVGA 1080Ti SC/SC2 GPUs from summer 2017 through November 2020.  So 3.5 years running 24/7 with power set to about 76% (180 watts) and core at +120 and memory at +600.  Not a single failure during that period and I sold them all during November/December and not a single return or unhappy customer.  The only issue I had, was that after 3.5 years, oil from the thermal pads has been released and it was a pain to clean up to make the cards look nice and fresh again.

Agree that one has to be careful mining with 3090's due to the VRAM on the backside.  I have a KingPin and I had to add heat sinks on the back along with a fan to get the temps down to mid 70's on the RAM.  I posted about it here.
fbm211
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 18:10:31 (permalink)
Has the 3080 FTW 3 ultra got to the 19th?
10G-P5-3897-KR9/19/2020 10:01:48 AM PTI am at 10:02am on the 19th. Any hope for this in Feb ?

post edited by fbm211 - 2021/01/24 18:12:43
TheRealMikeVan
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 18:26:17 (permalink)
CptT95
How long would it take a 3080 to pay back for itself 😒🤔
Where card cost is 850 after taxes

About 30 seconds if you scalp it ;)

JK. PLEASE don't do that.

Intel i7-9700k
Corsair HX1200i
Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
TheRealMikeVan
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/24 18:31:13 (permalink)
fbm211
Has the 3080 FTW 3 ultra got to the 19th?
10G-P5-3897-KR9/19/2020 10:01:48 AM PT
I am at 10:02am on the 19th. Any hope for this in Feb ?

Honestly, now that the 3897 is just about past the day after release, I think it's looking good for you :)

Intel i7-9700k
Corsair HX1200i
Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
Page: << < ..696697698699700.. > >> Showing page 698 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile