AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..156157158159160.. > >> Showing page 156 of 2018
Author
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 07:21:53 (permalink)
rain2_usa
It doesn't matter if it's unacceptable to you.  It's the reality of the situation with Nvidia not being able to produce enough chips.  What are you suggesting as a solution?  It better not be "make it available to everyone" since you can still F5 on other retailers that gets the EVGA stock. 

I agree with you but don't be rough on people who are frustrated with Nvidia.
Meanwhile reality check:
After FIVE weeks Nvidia barely scratched demand roughly 5%. Need (5 x 20) 100 weeks to supply current demand.
Today is 10/24 and here on EVGA list are still on LAUNCH day 9/17 8AM for 3080 Ultra card.
LOL
rain2_usa
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 523
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 07:32:30 (permalink)
dragomirc
rain2_usa
It doesn't matter if it's unacceptable to you.  It's the reality of the situation with Nvidia not being able to produce enough chips.  What are you suggesting as a solution?  It better not be "make it available to everyone" since you can still F5 on other retailers that gets the EVGA stock. 

Meanwhile reality check:
After FIVE weeks Nvidia barely scratched demand roughly 5%. Need (5 x 20) 100 weeks to supply current demand.
Today is 10/24 and here on EVGA list are still on LAUNCH day 9/17 8AM for 3080 Ultra card.
LOL

Yeah, it did sound kind of harsh, but it wasn't meant to be.  People complain about EVGA's system or supply issue when it's Nvidia at the source of the issue.  EVGA doesn't deserve any of this after the queue system started and gave end users a real chance at getting a card without fighting the bots.  It'd be nice if people who complain comes in with a suggestion that hasn't already been made yet.  Be productive while still getting your frustration out.  On a different note, everyone who's complained about the limited supply will get a chance to join the 3070 queue when that starts up next week.  Hope no one sleeps on that opportunity...

Core i7 6700k
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
2x8GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z 3200Mhz
EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
Corsair AIO? with 3D Printed spacer
Mushkin 240GB SSD
1TB NVMe 
1TB Seagate SSHD
LG Black BD-Drive UH12NS30
Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold
Silverstone Grandia GD09B HTPC Case
SpriteCup1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 07:34:12 (permalink)
rain2_usa
dragomirc
rain2_usa

Meanwhile reality check:
LOL

Yeah, it did sound kind of harsh, but it wasn't meant to be.  People complain about EVGA's system or supply issue when it's Nvidia at the source of the issue.  EVGA doesn't deserve any of this after the queue system started and gave end users a real chance at getting a card without fighting the bots.  It'd be nice if people who complain comes in with a suggestion that hasn't already been made yet.  Be productive while still getting your frustration out.  On a different note, everyone who's complained about the limited supply will get a chance to join the 3070 queue when that starts up next week.  Hope no one sleeps on that opportunity...

The problem with the 3070, is this worked against bots on 3080 3090 because EVGA had the element of surprise on their hand. Now people can just write bots to get *in* to the queue. Although, with other factors (now three card types, better supply, AMD coming) it might not be as big of a problem.

In the dark, I can feel You in my sleep.. In Your arms I feel You breathe in to me. Forever hold this heart that I will give to You, Forever I will live for You!
rustyjn
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 07:36:59 (permalink)
10G-P5-3897-KR9/17/2020 8:37:37 AM PT No

I know a lot have said the expected notify time off the spreadsheet is inaccurate, so when do you think I could actually get one ROUGHLY that is?
drewski989
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 657
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 07:39:19 (permalink)
Yeah, here I am, 9/17 before noon and I am telling myself a month wait is realistic.  But really, is it?  No way to tell.  One big shipment moves the queue a bunch, but is it realistic to expect that when there's been such limited supply?

I am going to remain patient and positive, I do not immediately need a GPU.  But if I was without one, I would be heartbroken.

Good luck and fast queues to all!

R3L3NTL3SS
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 575
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:03:21 (permalink)
drewski989
Yeah, here I am, 9/17 before noon and I am telling myself a month wait is realistic.  But really, is it?  No way to tell.  One big shipment moves the queue a bunch, but is it realistic to expect that when there's been such limited supply?

I am going to remain patient and positive, I do not immediately need a GPU.  But if I was without one, I would be heartbroken.

Good luck and fast queues to all!

I personally believe we can expect much of the same we've been seeing...not much. 
MrMichaelJames
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 229
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:19:00 (permalink)
Just from a data and my curiosity standpoint I would love to know how long it takes for a single chip to be made sent to a board partner, made into a card, boxed and shipped.
R3L3NTL3SS
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:22:02 (permalink)
MrMichaelJames
Just from a data and my curiosity standpoint I would love to know how long it takes for a single chip to be made sent to a board partner, made into a card, boxed and shipped.

Once AIB's have chips, they can make, test, and package hundreds and hundreds of cards a day.

AIB manufacturing capacity has never been the issue - it's Nvidia not getting them enough chips in the first place because they made the dumbest decision ever to use Samsung and not TSMC. We wouldn't be in this situation - or at least not even remotely close to as bad - if they would have paid the extra money TSMC wanted for their chips. Nvidia decided cheaping out on the chips was a better choice profit wise than actually having cards to sell at all.
post edited by R3L3NTL3SS - 2020/10/24 08:27:13
markspencer123
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:30:40 (permalink)
R3L3NTL3SS
MrMichaelJames

Once AIB's have chips, they can make, test, and package hundreds and hundreds of cards a day.

AIB manufacturing capacity has never been the issue - it's Nvidia not getting them enough chips in the first place because they made the dumbest decision ever to use Samsung and not TSMC. We wouldn't be in this situation - or at least not even remotely close to as bad - if they would have paid the extra money TSMC wanted for their chips. Nvidia decided cheaping out on the chips was a better choice profit wise than actually having cards to sell at all.

I agree 100%, they could have satisfied many, many more orders by now with TSMC, had better yields and the 7nm+ process with better power consumption, clocks and heat

The Samsung decision baffles me completely.

AMD Ryzen 5950X @4.2
Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
4x8GB Team Extreem @3600 14-15-15-35
Samsung 1TB Evo Plus
Seasonic TX-1000 Titanium
Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical KB
Logitech MX Master 2S
Sennheiser Momentum 3
Logitech Z623
NZXT Kraken X63
Lian Li O11 Air
Samsung LC49RG90 49" 120HZ
R3L3NTL3SS
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:32:05 (permalink)
markspencer123
R3L3NTL3SS
MrMichaelJames

I agree 100%, they could have satisfied many, many more orders by now with TSMC, had better yields and the 7nm+ process with better power consumption and clocks.

TSMC yield rate is like 90+%.
Samsung I have heard anywhere from 30-50%.
TSMC yields are so damn good, it's rumored that AMD literally has to purposely sabotage chips to have low end SKU's...
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:33:37 (permalink)
rustyjn
10G-P5-3897-KR9/17/2020 8:37:37 AM PT No

I know a lot have said the expected notify time off the spreadsheet is inaccurate, so when do you think I could actually get one ROUGHLY that is?

For the 3080 FTW3 Ultra? Looks like you are about 25 minutes from where the line ended last week. I would say your name is coming up this week or next. By Election Day, you should be able to order it.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

markspencer123
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:35:51 (permalink)
R3L3NTL3SS
markspencer123
R3L3NTL3SS
MrMichaelJames

I agree 100%, they could have satisfied many, many more orders by now with TSMC, had better yields and the 7nm+ process with better power consumption and clocks.

TSMC yields are so damn good, it's rumored that AMD literally has to purposely sabotage chips to have low end SKU's...

TSMC has proven their capability time and time again through Ryzen which is why I think Navi is going to be a huge leap for AMD.

AMD Ryzen 5950X @4.2
Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
4x8GB Team Extreem @3600 14-15-15-35
Samsung 1TB Evo Plus
Seasonic TX-1000 Titanium
Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical KB
Logitech MX Master 2S
Sennheiser Momentum 3
Logitech Z623
NZXT Kraken X63
Lian Li O11 Air
Samsung LC49RG90 49" 120HZ
javelina1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 442
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:36:25 (permalink)
R3L3NTL3SS
markspencer123
R3L3NTL3SS
MrMichaelJames

Incredible with the differences...  My company continues to use TSMC as our foundry, (after being given the choice of the other...)

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX 3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:47:47 (permalink)
R3L3NTL3SS

Respectfully, I don’t think that’s fair. It is true that not enough units are being made timely. But we don’t know whether TSMC was asking unreasonable rates for the gig. We aren’t privy to that information.

I am frustrated as the next guy. I cannot play my favorite games (basically anything beyond Among Us) until I get a card. I’ve been at this since before the launch. I’ve had three Amazon orders cancelled. One NewEgg order cancelled. I’ve had countless cards in my cart but been unable to checkout successfully. But, I cannot say that TSMC would have been different (they have limited bandwidth given their other deals and their financial demands may have been too high). Had NVIDIA gone with TSMC, we might have the same or worse inventory issues at a cost 20% higher than our current MSRP.

What I criticize NVIDIA for is trying to do a worldwide launch with such small inventory and such big yield issues. They should have held the launch until they had reasonable inventory. It is a paper launch. And a worldwide one at that. Poor, anti-consumer decision making.

Finally, to be clear, I am so thankful to EVGA for the queue and for this forum community. This forum makes the waiting easier and I so appreciate that. Thank you all.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

R3L3NTL3SS
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 08:58:12 (permalink)
enewt
R3L3NTL3SS

Respectfully, I don’t think that’s fair. It is true that not enough units are being made timely. But we don’t know whether TSMC was asking unreasonable rates for the gig. We aren’t privy to that information.

Everyone else seems to find TSMC's prices just fine. (AMD is offering GPU's with TSMC chips - for a cheaper price than Nvidia.). People I know in the industry have said there's no way they decided to go with Samsung over TSMC for any reason besides price. Period. There's no world where Samsung could provide more chips than TSMC. Bottom line. It's simple. Nvidia got even more greedy and decided to go with the cheaper offer. 
post edited by R3L3NTL3SS - 2020/10/24 09:12:17
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 09:06:48 (permalink)
Again, we don’t know specifics.

What was the price TSMC offered? What TSMC charges one company does not mandate that they charge another company the same.

What was the timeline TSMC offered?

We simply don’t know the terms of the proposed deal.

irakandjii
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:13:35 (permalink)
So interesting.  Looks like I will face an ugly decision soon,
I have not put my times in the spreadsheet, but  I have checked my relative position.
For the 3883-KR and the 3885-KR there are about 25 people ahead of me.
For the 3897-KR there are 260 ahead and the 3987-KR 200 ahead.

Over time I came to want a FTW3 lol ...  so much for being frugal on launch day. <sheesh>
So shall I buy an XC3  or wait for a FTW3 ...  dang I wish I knew how long the incremental wait would be.
irakandjii
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:14:40 (permalink)
I have not put my times in the spreadsheet, but  I have checked my relative position.

Over time I came to want a FTW3 lol ...  so much for being frugal on launch day. <sheesh>
So shall I buy an XC3  or wait for a FTW3 ...  dang I wish I knew how long the incremental wait would be.

Doh some how this was posted twice.  Sorry I don't know how to delete it.
post edited by irakandjii - 2020/10/24 10:19:32
INGREDCOLD
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:15:11 (permalink)
Do the 3070 cards launch on the 28th ??

Ryzen 5800x
X570 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
32g Ballistix 3600
2tb Intel 660 500mb WD Black
EVGA 850 Super nova 
EVGA CLC 240mm
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:15:20 (permalink)
I’d wait for the FTW3 Ultra. Do this once, do it right, don’t do it again. Just my two cents.

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:16:22 (permalink)
29th I believe. AMD announces their GPUs on the 28th.

ubiquitousmortal
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:25:52 (permalink)
I work in high tech manufacturing (not video cards).

A few guidelines for perspective, that while may have some exceptions, are generally true.

The lead times for materials and components are generally in the months range.
Video cards have a lifecycle rate of about 2 years per flagship.
Components that are being ordered have to be done so based off their market research, historic trends, etc, then approved by a board of directors.
Technology does not gain value over time, and often is toxic inventory to places like new egg, amazon, etc who require safe guards.
New Technology yields always start off rough, and then climb as the aforementioned components roll in and full scale bumps get worked out.

my perspective on this situation:

Demand during that 2 year life cycle is  mostly front loaded in the first 6 months or 2 quarters of availability. This creates a problem of factory scaling. A measure of success in manufacturing companies is how much their factories are left idle vs at full capacity for production. Sure Nvidia and partners could scale to make these components from 'X' per week to 'Y' per week, but what is the upshot for them? They would rather stay on the safe side of "all we can make is sold out" rather than "we had capability to meet launch demand, and now our factories are sitting idle". Nvidia could have done the latter, but that costs them an exorbitant amount of money, would have delayed the launch while they built up that capability, and doesn't actually help them sell more units.

Lastly, everything is a 'goldilocks zone' for manufacturing.

Have too much inventory (Too hot?) you have no room to create new products and have a bunch of aging toxic inventory, components and logistics are tied up, rework is costly and timely
Not enough inventory (Too cold?) This would be thier current problem, but competition hasn't even launched yet, so not really a problem.

not enough capability? this is somewhat in their control, but are also at the mercy of their supply chain vendors, and their scaling and quality. remember the MOSFET dealy?? Quality excursion by not having tight control over your vendors.  
Have too much capability? you have too much overhead (op ex / cap ex) and idle factories cost a ton of cash and jobs.

I'm sure people could pick apart what i said here and probably will, but that's my take from my bit of experience.

Also thanks for the list and this forum! I love how awesome everyone is to put that together and track it! I'm waiting the long wait for a 3090, but have a sick build that i'm custom cooling below

New Build:
Core components:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 GAMING 24G-P5-3973-KRAMD Ryzen 5950Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (120mm, Brown)CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply with C-Link Monitoring and ControlLIAN LI DK-04 FX Black Aluminum / Steel Desk Computer Case 2 x ATX PSU (Optional) Power SupplyG.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNAsus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, on-Board WiFi 6 (802.11Ax), 5 Gbps LAN, USB 3.2, SATA, M.2, Node and Aura Sync RGB LightingSeagate FireCuda 510 2TB Performance Internal Solid State Drive SSD PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe 1.3 for Gaming PC Gaming Laptop Desktop (ZP2000GM30021)Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache For Computer Desktop PC – Frustration Free Packaging ST4000DMZ04/DM004Peripherals:
Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse W/ Hero 16K Sensor, 140+ Hour with Rechargeable Battery and Lightsync RGB. PowerPlay Compatible, Ambidextrous, 107G+10G Optional, 16, 000 DPILogitech G Powerplay Wireless Charging System for G502 Lightspeed, G703, G903 Lightspeed and PRO Wireless Gaming Mice, Cloth or Hard Gaming Mouse Pad - BlackCorsair K63 Wireless Special Edition Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Backlit Ice Blue LED, Cherry MX Red - Quiet & LinearAsus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor, 1440P WQHD (2560 x 1440), IPS, 165Hz (Supports 144Hz), G-SYNC, Eye Care, DisplayPort Adjustable ErgonomicSteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset - Lossless High Fidelity Wireless Plus Bluetooth for PS4 and PC - Blackcooling:
EK-CoolStream XE 480 (Quad)EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB - AcetalEK-CPU Lignum - WalnutEK-CoolStream XE 240 (Double) 

ubiquitousmortal
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:31:27 (permalink)
sorry tried to reformat it into not paste trash and it errored.
eknight76
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:33:28 (permalink)
irakandjii

Personal opinion, but get whatever you can get.  If you look around at reviews, cards perform about the same.  3080 is unusual in that we're not seeing the typical differences due to card to design and factory overclocking.  Really, you're paying for quality of life differences, and since they're both evga, they're both great choices in the customer dept.  That said, if you love rgb, FTW3 all the way.

FTW3 is a monster overclocker due to better power delivery.  The issue is that the stock cooler can't handle it and runs hot even with aggressive fans.  And since the stock 3080s are already pushed pretty aggressively, you are not even seeing great gains in frames with the overclocking.  So I would probably say if you're interested in modding the cooler, FTW3 is one of the best right now.
sidm2K9
  • Total Posts : 93
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 10:40:39 (permalink)
The only criticism I have to make of Evga is to give us a realistic time atleast week of notification based place in queue. I do appreciate the system put in place but it doesn't help a lot if you don't know if you are 2 weeks or 6 months out.

Use associate code EW8YQ1F2NJ45F0K for up to 10% off your evga orders and rewards code 
B2D-8XU-CKF5 for registering products!
kayfabe
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 11:05:27 (permalink)
GN indicated that noise normalized thermals are well behind the asus tuf if you care more about noise and a lower price than having 3 pins and dual bios. Compared to tuf the FTW3 Ultra's big advantages are reputation, the queue, evga warranty and the fact that some overclockers are going to watercool regardless of stock heatsink quality and just want a card that tears down relatively easily and isn't locked down super hard in bios.
post edited by kayfabe - 2020/10/24 13:11:26
KenpoJuJitsu3
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 13:09:11 (permalink)
Guydodge1021
aint going to lie.ive never owned any other card other than a evga.this has clearly done its damage
seriously thinking of buying elsewhere this time around.past cards 760,780,980ti classified,1650 sc(wifes) and a 1080ti sc black
these are dark times.

While I can't say I've never owned any other card (I've owned a lot of cards from a lot of brands at this point), EVGA has been a staple in different machines in my house for a few years now: 750 Ti SC, 780 Ti SC, 980 Ti SC SLI, 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI. Considered other options at this point; but the customer support, step-up program, and putting the customer first with things like this queue system have given me pause. Currently still patiently waiting for my turn in the queue.

i7 -8700K 5Ghz (Delid) | ASUS Maximus X Formula | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz RAM
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | EVGA 1000W P2 | Thermaltake View 71 | Corsair H150i Pro
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 4TB | Seagate IronWolf Pro 16TB | Seagate IronWolf 12TB | Toshiba X300 8TB (x2)
idshadow
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 13:11:54 (permalink)
Might as well get myself added to the list.

10G-P5-3897-KR 9/17/2020 9:07:36 AM PT
SpriteCup1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 13:38:35 (permalink)
So, I'm confused. Is the spreadsheet fixed?

In the dark, I can feel You in my sleep.. In Your arms I feel You breathe in to me. Forever hold this heart that I will give to You, Forever I will live for You!
bloodyharbinger
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/24 14:02:04 (permalink)
USALion
So, I'm confused. Is the spreadsheet fixed?

it is as accurate as it ever was. By that I mean, the fixes will have restored some level of correctness, but it was never really a beacon of 100% reliability anyway.

Page: << < ..156157158159160.. > >> Showing page 156 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile