Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card

Author
jasoncodispoti
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 628
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2019/10/21 05:23:57 (permalink)
How does the Nahimic for Gamers software found here, https://www.nahimic.com/gamers/, compare to what is integrated with the NU Audio Card?

- Can one just install the NU Audio Driver and than install the Nahimic for Gamers software located on the above web site? 
- Are the features for the NU Audio card the same as the ones listed on the Nahimic site; surround sound, sound tracker, volume stabilizer, voice stabilizer, and night mode? 
- Which version of the Nahimic software is the NU Audio Card using? v2.X or v3.x? 

Thanks!  

Intel Core i7-9800x | EVGA X299 Dark| EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra HydroCopper | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | EKWB Liquid Cooled Loop | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2

9 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/10/23 11:38:09 (permalink)
    Nahimic has a standalone driver that works for various platforms, such as laptops.  In the case of NU Audio, we worked with Nahimic to integrate their API into the NU Audio software.

Regarding the questions:

- No, you wouldn't install the software from Nahimic. 
    - Yes, some of the software features are the same, since we do not use everything from Nahimic's package.  Some stuff we may add down the road, but we do not currently use everything.
    - Since we use a custom API from Nahimic, I'm not sure the software versions quite apply here.  We will be updating the NU Audio drivers, along with an updated driver from Nahimic in early Nov.
    jasoncodispoti
    SSC Member
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/01 13:13:21 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    Nahimic has a standalone driver that works for various platforms, such as laptops.  In the case of NU Audio, we worked with Nahimic to integrate their API into the NU Audio software.

Regarding the questions:

- Yes, some of the software features are the same, since we do not use everything from Nahimic's package.  Some stuff we may add down the road, but we do not currently use everything.
    - Since we use a custom API from Nahimic, I'm not sure the software versions quite apply here.  We will be updating the NU Audio drivers, along with an updated driver from Nahimic in early Nov.

Thanks for the information, makes since! I am currently trying out some custom sleeves from Sensaphonics for my Shure 215 earphones. If I end up liking how they feel and sound with the sleeves I am going to order a pair of Shure 425 and custom sleeves to pair with the NU Audio Card for gaming on my PC.  

Intel Core i7-9800x | EVGA X299 Dark| EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra HydroCopper | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | EKWB Liquid Cooled Loop | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2

startekselva
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 300
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/04 09:03:35 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM

Regarding the questions:

thats sound interesting since you told We will be updating the NU Audio drivers, along with an updated driver from Nahimic in early Nov.since its not total crap it will ruin the sound card itself its hardware are well made but adding parter APi like Nahimic makes it worse please look in to thread
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3004371
    and im using the beta test driver
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3002955

jasoncodispoti
    SSC Member
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/04 10:44:44 (permalink)
    3D Audio in general is not that great... however at the end of the day EVGA needs to sell products and things like this appeal to the “kids”. As long as it can be disabled do as you please EVGA...

vito1986
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/21 08:50:50 (permalink)
    How to remove nahimic from evga?
    This distorts the sound.
    Now I do this constantly through the task manager.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/21 10:07:36 (permalink)
    vito1986
    This distorts the sound.

Can you explain how you determined the nahimic distorts the sound?  What do you do to reproduce this?  Did it start with this driver?
    vito1986
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/21 11:23:36 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    vito1986
    This distorts the sound.

Can you explain how you determined the nahimic distorts the sound?  What do you do to reproduce this?  Did it start with this driver?

for example, in rdr2 and bf5, the sound becomes strange in the headphones, less bass and and very simple. And yet, if the sounds should be slightly to the left, but with nahimic it goes too mach to the left. When I remove nahimic from the task manager, in the game the sound becomes saturated and normal, as it should be.

In rdr2 with a nahimic turned on, you can’t generally change the sound output to the headphones in the settings, only 4 speakers.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/21 13:38:38 (permalink)
    vito1986
    EVGATech_LeeM
    vito1986
    This distorts the sound.

for example, in rdr2 and bf5, the sound becomes strange in the headphones, less bass and and very simple. And yet, if the sounds should be slightly to the left, but with nahimic it goes too mach to the left. When I remove nahimic from the task manager, in the game the sound becomes saturated and normal, as it should be.

In rdr2 with a nahimic turned on, you can’t generally change the sound output to the headphones in the settings, only 4 speakers.

Ok, but does this occur when the Virtual Surround is disabled, or only when it is enabled?  I'm talking about enabling/disabling in the software only.  Did it start with this driver or have you had this issue with previous drivers?
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Nahimic For Gamers Software VS. Nahimic For NU Audio Card 2019/11/22 05:34:26 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM

Regarding the questions:

Knowing Nahimic software version would allow customers to see if EVGA is keeping up with Nahimic updates.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile