NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 15:46:48 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Nope, just the opposite. Rumors are 100% true until proven false. Even after the rumors are proven 100% false, they were only rumors so they were never truly false. Just read through this section, it has been proven many times over. Rumors are never fake news.

...or was that innocent until proven guilty??? I’m so confused.

That definitely sounds political in nature 

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 16:42:56 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Nope, just the opposite. Rumors are 100% true until proven false. Even after the rumors are proven 100% false, they were only rumors so they were never truly false. Just read through this section, it has been proven many times over. Rumors are never fake news.

...or was that innocent until proven guilty??? I’m so confused.

You have not proven any rumor in this thread 100% false.

Cheeses and rice, it's a freaking video card rumor, not a end of the world rumor.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 16:55:55 (permalink)
Lol, I guess you cant tell I find this incredibly amusing. Only one person is going to bat and trying to disprove what everyone else sees and knows. Is there a paycheck coming with rumor mill news sites defense lawyer duties?
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 17:43:44 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Lol, I guess you cant tell I find this incredibly amusing. Only one person is going to bat and trying to disprove what everyone else sees and knows. Is there a paycheck coming with rumor mill news sites defense lawyer duties?

Sorry, but nobody in this thread knows the truth on any of these rumors. All I see is you wanting to argue over stupid video card rumors. Every place there is a rumor posted on here about the next series cards, you're in there saying it's all fake and everyone is wrong about the information when you don't even know yourself what the truth is.

I'm here to have fun with the rumors, not have you come along and be a nagging nanny about all of it. Jesus, relax a bit, it's just video card rumors.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 18:23:32 (permalink)
Not one of the posts has proven to be true, so prove me wrong. And feel free to stop going to every post and defending if you have an issue with me calling it what it is.

I will feel free to enjoy what i want.. and post what I want :-) if it bothers you, scroll on. Since you feel so inclined to defend, i will continue to call them what they are.

Don't anyone take offense though, I wouldn't want anyone running to the mods or evga and saying someone hurt their feelings for callig clickbait sites fake news. Wccftech was caught changing articles after posting false information and not including a change log, so they really are, or at least were, fake news and there has been plenty of proof posted. So calling them what they are, not hurting their clickbait business at all.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/17 18:49:37
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 19:13:28 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Not one of the posts has proven to be true, so prove me wrong. And feel free to stop going to every post and defending if you have an issue with me calling it what it is.

I will feel free to enjoy what i want.. and post what I want :-) if it bothers you, scroll on. Since you feel so inclined to defend, i will continue to call them what they are.

Don't anyone take offense though, I wouldn't want anyone running to the mods or evga and saying someone hurt their feelings for callig clickbait sites fake news. Wccftech was caught changing articles after posting false information and not including a change log, so they really are, or at least were, fake news and there has been plenty of proof posted. So calling them what they are, not hurting their clickbait business at all.

Oh I don't expect you to control yourself over trivial video card rumors, you've proven you are incapable of doing that. I suspect your lack of self control in why you're no longer a moderator.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 19:23:52 (permalink)
kram36

Oh I don't expect you to control yourself over trivial video card rumors, you've proven you are incapable of doing that. I suspect your lack of self control in why you're no longer a moderator.

Why are you so quick on the offensive when he's referring to fake news click bait sites?  Are you one of the co-owners of the site or something? lol 

Taking personal cheap shots at others isn't going to win you any points.  I think you should probably just take a break and calm down a bit.  Be happy.  Go listen to some music or a nice video on the tube.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 20:35:48 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
kram36

Why are you so quick on the offensive when he's referring to fake news click bait sites?  Are you one of the co-owners of the site or something? lol 

Taking personal cheap shots at others isn't going to win you any points.  I think you should probably just take a break and calm down a bit.  Be happy.  Go listen to some music or a nice video on the tube.

Why are you so quick on the offensive when on video card rumors and does the_Scarlet_one need your protection?

Cheap shots? No, just the truth. I'm not here to score points as you seem to be. I'm here to discuss the rumors on the next series cards. Nobody posting in this thread can prove any of the rumors are "fake news". Some people get all bent out of shape over stupid video card rumors. I think you should probably just take a break and calm down a bit.  Be happy.  Go listen to some music or a nice video on the tube.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 20:44:58 (permalink)
My choice to be a moderator and relinguish that mod spot was directly my choice. It had everything to do with evga making changes to products and webpages without alerting customers, mods, or employees. They made would just making subtle changes to the website and leaving people out to dry. Kind of like the policies they have been updating and getting patrons all mad over. Of course, you probably didnt know that because there were other things going on.

But I see you are super worried about me pointing out fake news sites, so thats cool. Google WCCFTech caught changing articles and the fact they get banned from reddit because of their clickbait and fake news habits. Its a pretty fun time reading all the stuff where they were caught multiple times. Hopefully the amount you get paid to be their defense representative can get you one of the rumored cards at release. If not, the gig probably isnt worth it.

If you are here to dicuss rumors, discuss them.. you posted one video of a youtuber backpeddling that was pretty good.. i mean, i have some pretty good emails I can make and blank out parts to make rhem look official.. one is even showing verified bank funds for 2 million pounds from a liberian bank.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/17 20:47:07
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 21:32:02 (permalink)
Ha ha, right. EVGA told you to stop being so confrontational with the members here and instead of taking their advice, you dropped out of being a moderator so EVGA wouldn't have to dump you because you can't control yourself.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/18 06:41:29 (permalink)
enough already

if you want to point out any site as fake then say that about all sites - because each one make mistakes and get things wrong

or should we consider anyone who goes about making those kind posts(pointing out stories as fake) - their comments into question and say everything they say are lies/questionable
either point out the REAL proof the story is false - not opinion or don't comment

look i consider a lot of stories coming out of even reliable sources as suspect - and take them as such - but don't point it out
(ask kyle at H what it feels like in the cold)
you discuss the story - not the credibility of the story 

imagine the 6 oclock news if everyone questioned every point of every article/news item - you wouldn't make past the first item or it be a very long news show(like all night) because you would spend 10x-100x times more time on the integrity of the sources/reports and nit picking everything

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/18 08:52:14 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
enough already

if you want to point out any site as fake then say that about all sites - because each one make mistakes and get things wrong

I believe that journalism should be discussed and more importantly, scrutinized. In this case, the topic is trivial. If the subject matter pertained to release dates, pricing and performance then rumours could be an issue. But architecture naming? This affects nothing.

However, monitoring website reporting could be crucial in determining which websites provide genuine news and which are clearly looking for traffic regardless of the topic. There's a difference between the original Fudzilla article, and Techradar article I posted. One is convinced and the other is not sure, the latter sounding more honest.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/18 11:22:42 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
imagine the 6 oclock news if everyone questioned every point of every article/news item - you wouldn't make past the first item or it be a very long news show(like all night) because you would spend 10x-100x times more time on the integrity of the sources/reports and nit picking everything

Look. If you think the National news isnt constantly scrutinized for peddling false stories, you are blind. The difference is they post corrections and provide the correct information when they get caught. They are always under a microscope.

You dont seem to look through some of the articles you post and say... “clearly this is fake” and flat out call them fake when you post them. You even debate on some of the fake articles of how they could have done better benchmarks, lol.

Wccftech is known to post fake articles and clickbait. They are still used for a lot of obviously falsified articles. They don’t even read a benchmark for a 2080ti and say, “well this was clearly fake” and then just take their platform to denounce the lies scattered about. Instead, they try to justify how it is possibly a real rumor..

So, if you dont want news sites scrutinized when they are posting news that can be easily debunked, dont post them. I promise I wont go looking through their lies on their page to debunk it, because if I did they would get ad revenue, and I wont be giving a website proven to lie repeatedly any form of revenue if I can help it.

Once they get their information straight and post good articles, I wont scrutinize them nearly as much... but clickbait and fake articles dont gain trust, and deserve to be scrutinized.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/18 13:48:18
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/21 22:18:49 (permalink)
More fun video card rumors!

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 08:07:20 (permalink)
NVIDIA GTX 1170 Alleged Benchmark Leaked, Faster Than 1080 Ti

The GTX 1170 allegedly features a 256-bit memory interface paired with 16GB of GDDR6 memory and will run at a whopping ~2.5 GHz clock speed which is outrageously higher anything we’ve seen on Pascal and Volta, making it the highest clocked graphics card we’ve ever seen to date, if this alleged leak is to be believed.

https://wccftech.com/rumo...d-faster-than-1080-ti/

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 08:42:03 (permalink)
16GB of memory on a 1170?
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 11:40:04 (permalink)

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 12:05:17 (permalink)
Doesnt an unreleased card show up as Unknown GPU (Edit: Generic VGA as pointed out on wccftech. Good to see them working to debunk this image) since the results wouldn’t display a GPU that isnt loaded or supported by 3D Mark?

Also, it doubt it would show as a valid result until verified by 3D mark, and since the latest whql drivers do not mention support for a 1070/1080 in the changelogs.

Hopefully real info gets released soon.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/22 12:09:39
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 12:11:35 (permalink)

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 12:58:06 (permalink)
I am curious how many people bought from that site hoping to be the first with a card.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 13:41:10 (permalink)
you only have 10 days til gamescon

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 14:59:08 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious
you only have 10 days til gamescon

Is there a website for gamecon you're speaking of? I did a search and got all kinds of junk.
z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 15:56:04 (permalink)
this is what I found searching for gamescon:
http://www.gamescom.global/home/index-2.php
to be honest, there are way to many conventions than I can keep track of, I can't even keep track of the big ones, let alone most of them.
post edited by z999z3mystorys - 2018/07/22 15:59:17
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 16:01:21 (permalink)
China Event Aug 3
http://2018-en.chinajoy.net/

Hotchips Aug 18-21
https://www.hotchips.org/

Gamescon - end of AUG 22-25
http://www.gamescom.global/home/index-2.php 

NVIDIA invites journalists for Gamescom

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-invites-press-for-gamescom 

so 10 days til china Joy event -1 month to gamescon

ps: you could always check Nvidia's calendar next time
http://www.nvidia.ca/page/events.html 
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2018/07/22 16:06:12

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 16:24:17 (permalink)
Next-gen Turing cards sent to AIB partners ahead Nvidia GeForce GTX 1180’s release date

After months of speculation regarding the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1180 release date, we now have concrete information regarding the company’s roadmap. Independent sources have confirmed that Nvidia Add-in-Board partners will be receiving shipments of the company’s next-gen Turing chips by early August.

This means that Nvidia will likely release their new GPUs a few weeks after this time frame. 

https://www.technochops.c...0s-release-date/11284/

-----------------------------

so gamescon should be right about where they reveal
post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2018/07/22 16:26:23

fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/22 19:21:24 (permalink)
Clearly a launch is about to happen. GeForce GPU's getting prices slashed below MSRP even for 3rd parties. 

post edited by fearpoint - 2018/07/22 19:24:33
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile