NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 13:36:02 (permalink)
Nvidia confirms Turing codename

June 23 would have been Alan Turing’s birthday and Nvidia used Donald Trump's only was of communication, Twitter, to tease us about a possible new codename. We heard Turing is the name for the new architecture from independent sources we've know for years, nay, decades.

Nvidia has a pattern codenamed in architectures dedicated to the  scientist and after Maxwell, Pascal and Volta it looks like it is time for Turing. This will be the new Geforce but most likely it will evolve to a new compute card as well as the new Quadro, but in time.
Jensen once mentioned that Nvidia invested more than two billion dollars in a new GPU generation, across all the R&D costs and all the different market segments and SKUs. Turing is likely to be at least as much expensive, if not even more. Nvidia is making huge leaps in the financial market and has the money to invest to keep the AI leadership in the GPU space.  
Nvidia wants to do a better job in AI revolution - Volta and Pascal are just the first steps and there is a lot of headroom going forward and Turing will likely address this.
There was a rumor that the new Geforce codename Turning, people call it GTX 1180, might launch on July 30, and according to people we talked to, this is not the date. It will be later than that, that is what we are comfortable sharing with you at this time.

https://www.fudzilla.com/...nfirms-turing-codename

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 16:26:25 (permalink)
And that was a confirmation how? Looks to me like someone in marketing realized a few sites created totally unfounded rumors and started naming architectures that nvidia hasn't so much as even added to a roadmap.

They simply added to the hunger for new cards by saying happy birthday to a scientist that so many sites have been running blindly and wildy with in an effeort to generate clicks.

Cheap marketing at it's best. Post something potentially totally unrelated to a new card series and watch the masses loose their collective minds. HL3 CONFIRMED!!!!!

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 16:44:11 (permalink)
Bruno747
And that was a confirmation how? Looks to me like someone in marketing realized a few sites created totally unfounded rumors and started naming architectures that nvidia hasn't so much as even added to a roadmap.

They simply added to the hunger for new cards by saying happy birthday to a scientist that so many sites have been running blindly and wildy with in an effeort to generate clicks.

Cheap marketing at it's best. Post something potentially totally unrelated to a new card series and watch the masses loose their collective minds. HL3 CONFIRMED!!!!!

Exactly. Saying happy birthday doesnt confirm anything.

P.S. it was just the nvidia twitter, not the nvidia geforce twitter. If they were confirming a geforce card name, dont you think geforce would be the utilized twitter feed?
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/06/25 16:52:50
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 17:31:20 (permalink)
if that was the case they would be celebrating every scientist birthday - they dont.
I don't see ampere,ohm, einstein.curie,etc

and if they have done ones in the past it been scientist names associated with gpu's

try a twitter search or even google

my feeling is they wanted a june launch for turing but things fell out of place with gddr6 production

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2018/06/25 17:42:34

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 19:17:17 (permalink)
We shall see. Up to this point, all the guesses have been wrong, so this one holds no water until there is a launch. It could be July, it could be august, it could be anytime.. again, every single guess to this point has been wrong.

The “quick” google search only shows turing, the one mentioned above.. so, if you wouldnt mind a link or two, that would be awesome, since nothing seems to come up.

Ah! I got volta to show up. Nvidia did mention them!!! But that was well after the gpu architecture was launched, not before.

https://twitter.com/nvidi...65254587048394752?s=21

Maybe there will be a launch. I wont hold my breath since the guesses have been wrong since before the Titan V launched without a drop of notice.

Oh wait!!! Had to add this in. I get it, the Launch of the titan Volta in December wasnt what the tweet was forshadowing. It was the Titan V CEO that the tweet was foreshadowing. I get it now.

I mean, the only real word from NVidia was Jensen Huang saying it would be a long time less than a month ago. Before that was the leak of the Titan Volta cooler in what... early 2017? And since then, nvidia has kept everything tight lipped. I am impressed they killed off the rumor mill and people keep listening to “verified sources” that are consistently wrong.

Dont hold your breath, but I think we all look forward to real news from NVidia. I am excited to see what the new price of the initial release gpu's that will be replaced by an upgraded Ti model will cost. I also look forward to all of the early adopters that cry foul when it happens again, and the value of the xx80 is shot at the launch of an xx80ti.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/06/25 19:25:10
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 20:39:15 (permalink)
Those verified sources are just click bait in hopes they generate traffic to their site(s).  I only listen to a few sites and 'wcc' isn't one of them.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/06/25 21:40:00 (permalink)
Maxwell is also celebrated(news story in 2014)
NVIDIA to Celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Maxwell’s equations

and so is tesla's birthday posted on facebook

kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/15 19:30:55 (permalink)

veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/15 20:14:07 (permalink)
recall the flood of unsold logic i suspect this is more fake news

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 08:24:50 (permalink)
veganfanatic

What is the fake news you speak of?
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 09:05:00 (permalink)
I really could see that being the code name but it really also doesn’t matter since we know a next generation is in the works. I really could care less if they code named it rainbow bright because it came with RGB lighting I just want a release.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 10:10:51 (permalink)
Hoggle
I really could care less...

That phrase makes no sense.
veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 15:56:46 (permalink)
Turing, Ampere, reVota, does the rumor mill ever sleep........

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 17:04:09 (permalink)
veganfanatic

And you know Turing is fake news how?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 18:14:24 (permalink)
kram36
veganfanatic

Rumor mill...

Only one person said fake news. It wasnt the person you were snapping at.

Notice the rumor mill has been wrong thus far... about literally everything. No name has been released, or card, and both were supposed to be out since... what... last year in December or even earlier?

So, I guess you are right.. fake news. Until NVidia launches a product with a name.

Basically.. calm down sparky. Its fake until it is real. No reason to get hyped out of your mind about someone calling the rumor mill a rumor mill.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/16 18:35:37
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 18:28:48 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
kram36
veganfanatic

Rumor mill...

Notice the rumor mill has been wrong thus far... about literally everything. No name has been released, or card, and both were supposed to be out since... what... last year in December or even earlier?

So, I guess you are right.. fake news. Until NVidia launches a product with a name.

Basically.. calm down sparky. Its fake until it is real. No reason to get hyped out of your mind about someone calling the rumor mill a rumor mill.

And once again you're wrong, veganfanatic did say fake news.

veganfanatic

And for the rest of your post, a rumor is a rumor and is not fake news. Fake news would be to have nVidia officially state the release date, card name and price, then someone tries to tell you different. Now you need to calm down sparkless.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 18:32:36 (permalink)
kram36
the_Scarlet_one
kram36
veganfanatic

Rumor mill...

veganfanatic

And for the rest of your post, a rumor is a rumor and is not fake news. Fake news would be to have nVidia officially state the release date, card name and price, then someone tries to tell you different. Now you need to calm down sparkless.

Then why did you piece together two separate posts?

You yourself pieced his first post with a completely different post. Which makes it???? Fake news. Lol.

Remember the rumor mill has verified insider info every time they said a launch was coming... and they have been wrong thus far, which makes it no longer a rumor, but fake.. news... and clickbait.

Rumor mill has it more clickbait articles are coming with verified insider info. Once their deadline passes and nothing launches, it was fake news because it wasnt real.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/16 18:36:06
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/16 18:50:16 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
kram36
the_Scarlet_one
kram36
veganfanatic

Rumor mill...

veganfanatic

Then why did you piece together two separate posts?

You yourself pieced his first post with a completely different post. Which makes it???? Fake news. Lol.

Remember the rumor mill has verified insider info every time they said a launch was coming... and they have been wrong thus far, which makes it no longer a rumor, but fake.. news... and clickbait.

Rumor mill has it more clickbait articles are coming with verified insider info. Once their deadline passes and nothing launches, it was fake news because it wasnt real.

Are you seriously that dense? I asked him a question, he responded. He has yet to respond how he knows anything posted here is fake news.

The rumors posted here are not fake news. nVidia may have given out the release date, name and price to inside sources. nVidia can change the release date, name and price at any time, that does not make the rumor fake news, it means nVidia made a market decision change that they felt was better for the company's direction.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 04:02:37 (permalink)
How many times are these rumors going to change in info and release date?  Yeah its click bait fake news.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 04:32:53 (permalink)
So, is it 11xx or 20xx series? Is it Volta, Turing, or Ampere? I mean, its all confirmed insider info... so why is there multiple different stories for every one?

Maybe nvidia is leaking info to weed out the people spilling info, and they are getting a handle of the people that are causing the leaks. They can feed fake insider info, follow the source by the details leaked, and get rid of the source.

Kram, You seem really determined to get a handle on people calling out the clickbait sites. What is it that has you so invested? Again, these clickbait sites have been saying this card would be announced for over 8 months... really.. When one of these sites actually gets it right, I’ll give them a cookie. Until then, fake news leaks (directly from the manufacturer) to get a handle on people giving out information covered by an NDA is a better and consistently more reliable explanation to date.

Lets not forget, nvidia launched two separate Titan Volta’s with only one image of the cooler being leaked prior to launch, and once that intern was gone, no information made it out about the Titan Volta until it launched without further breeches of information. Not one single news site posted fake information about the pending release with insider information. If nvidia is doing that, I applaud their efforts.

Maybe I am wrong. I mean, its just a rumor mill anyway. No need to be correct, as long as we say we have insider info.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 07:33:21 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
How many times are these rumors going to change in info and release date?  Yeah its click bait fake news.  

How many times is nVidia going to move the launch date back? So when nVidia makes a decision to move the release date back because the have a glut of the current series cards, this makes the info people were previously told fake news? Only thing I pay attention to is the release date. The names, specs and price, not so much. However do you have proof anything in this thread is fake news?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 08:43:04 (permalink)
“GeForce 20 (or 11 as some claim) series development.“

Well... it was supposed to launch last year, so which name was it? If people are only going off of dates, they have been wrong for 8-9 months straight now. That isnt just nvidia pushing, that is also people flat out lying and creating clickbait in hopes to get it right, as well as gain ad revenue.

Dont forget, we already have rumor mill benchmarks/screenshots for the 2080ti out there. Thats what we should call them, rumor mill screenshots. I mean, they’re fake of course, but rumor mill makes it ok. If the news sites only wanted to provide clear and concise info, dont you think they would openly label a fake screenshot in the title, so it doesnt draw attention to the fake they know it is fake and they still give the article a header like “2080ti benchmarks found here first!!!!”.

I wonder if EVGA would ever make a clickbait subsection under the CIN so that the aeticles that are proven to be fake clickbait can be moved after the date lapses, because a lot of articles would get moved.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/17 08:49:24
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 08:57:59 (permalink)

June 23 would have been Alan Turing’s birthday and Nvidia used Donald Trump's only was of communication, Twitter, to tease us about a possible new codename.

This argument about fake news, clickbait and rumor has drawn my attention. After moderate analysis of the stupid article I can provide some insight and hopefully alleviate some tension as well as premature excitement, particularly from those that hold wagers on Nvidia's future architecture appellation.

Lets start with the title. Clever. Upon reading it you have no idea, but once you've finished the article the intent of it's composition becomes clear. The headline "Nvidia confirms Turing codename" is fake news as well as clickbait. Nvidia confirmed...NOTHING! There is not one quote in the article from an Nvidia representative stating "Turing is the new name of our upcoming GPU architecture..................AMD sucks. PEACE, I'm out." *drops microphone*

Then there's the first sentence. The implication here is that Donald Trump's only means of communication is an online platform which banned Milo Yiannopoulos to his personally thankful recognition. That's a blatant lie spawned from failed humour angled to attract leftists and antifa, no doubt. This is precisely the type of comment that makes this fake news if only to gain ground with a politically correct audience and if Trump read it he'd slap the urine out of the author until he forgot what gender he identifies as. "Trump's only was...". Really, you absolute pillock? Clearly the misspelled word is supposed to be "ways" but pluralizing the point makes it inaccurate if Trump can ONLY communicate through Twitter alone. 

The mention of independent sources with no further detail acts as filler in an otherwise fruitless article. But since we can't prove he didn't discuss this with a credible source it is a definitive rumour meant to keep the readers interest and infuse the rumour mill with energy.

Nvidia codenames have a pattern? This is the only credible piece in this piece of...stuff. Although I can't confirm this personally as I have not researched enough to determine what that pattern might be.

The paragraph illustrating Nvidia as a financial powerhouse and market innovator was snuck in as a platform for the name Turing. And the name was in fact bracketed by information we were aware of for years, nay, DECADES! By this stage of the article the author (probably a chimp) has enough confidence to state with conviction that "Turing" will be an expensive followup to Pascal. No probably, no maybe, no possibly...Turing. But there's no palpable way of determining this as the truth since, again, Nvidia confirmed...NOTHING! Fake news.

The final paragraph is the most enticing but again, reveals very little about the GPU's release. "I know a guy that knows a guy and he said it's Turing's birthday therefore Nvidia GeForce Turing 1180 but much later than July 30 because that's all I'm comfortable with. The Silicon Mafia told me to keep my yapper shut, you know? So...fogget abow dit."

To summarize, the article itself is all three, I believe. The title is clear clickbait. The body of the fable is filled with what most would consider fake news given lack of evidence for confirmation. And when you combine these two (clickbait + fake news) what is the end result? That's right. Rumour. Although I did not overlook the possibility that the author did in fact discuss the architecture with knowledgeable individuals with close relations to the GeForce program, this is not definitive proof of anything regarding this particular product. The only entity that can confirm Nvidia's codename is Nvidia.

So, given the content, the nature of the article is to generate interest using various connotations but failing to provide proof. They're inciting rumour with fake news and baiting clickers to their site for this, and future articles. It doesn't matter if they're wrong about any of it. That won't be the focus of scrutiny when the product does release due to its insignificance as nothing more than a "Told yo so" rejoinder for the gamblers who triumphed in a guessing game.

BOOM! *drops microphone*

This article provides a viable template for a journalist with no concrete information regarding the subject:

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidia-turing

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 09:41:18 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
“GeForce 20 (or 11 as some claim) series development.“

Well... it was supposed to launch last year, so which name was it? If people are only going off of dates, they have been wrong for 8-9 months straight now. That isnt just nvidia pushing, that is also people flat out lying and creating clickbait in hopes to get it right, as well as gain ad revenue.

Dont forget, we already have rumor mill benchmarks/screenshots for the 2080ti out there. Thats what we should call them, rumor mill screenshots. I mean, they’re fake of course, but rumor mill makes it ok. If the news sites only wanted to provide clear and concise info, dont you think they would openly label a fake screenshot in the title, so it doesnt draw attention to the fake they know it is fake and they still give the article a header like “2080ti benchmarks found here first!!!!”.

I wonder if EVGA would ever make a clickbait subsection under the CIN so that the aeticles that are proven to be fake clickbait can be moved after the date lapses, because a lot of articles would get moved.

There is no mention of nVidia's next series cards being released last year in this thread? Please point out the fake news in this thread.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 12:35:20 (permalink)
Hint, this is an excerpt from one article in this thread:

“NVIDIA’s highly anticipated GeForce GTX 1180 graphics cards based on the company’s upcoming Turing architecture will reportedly begin sampling on the 15th of June with on-shelf availability of Founder’s Edition models by July and custom built variants from NVIDIA’s AIB partners by August / September.”

June 15th already passed and July didnt see anything on the shelf.. so, how much more you need?

Oh yeah, forgot to add.. confirmed insider information from fake news sources the rumor mill.

*edit* I realized it does say “reportedly” in the article, and it doesnt say reportedly in others.*edit*. The article in this thread has reportedly in the part I quoted.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/17 13:01:59
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 13:13:44 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Hint, this is an excerpt from one article in this thread:

“NVIDIA’s highly anticipated GeForce GTX 1180 graphics cards based on the company’s upcoming Turing architecture will reportedly begin sampling on the 15th of June with on-shelf availability of Founder’s Edition models by July and custom built variants from NVIDIA’s AIB partners by August / September.”

June 15th already passed and July didnt see anything on the shelf.. so, how much more you need?

Oh yeah, forgot to add.. confirmed insider information from fake news sources the rumor mill.

*edit* I realized it does say “reportedly” in the article, and it doesnt say reportedly in others.*edit*. The article in this thread has reportedly in the part I quoted.

Do you have proof that the Turing architecture reportedly began sampling on the 15th of June is not true?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 13:39:04 (permalink)
No, i dont. Do we have anything that is proof of.. anything...

Nope. We have rumors and clickbait from unconfirmed sources with stories that keep changing.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 13:49:43 (permalink)
You threw down the gauntlet on that one Panzlock.  My hats off to you.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 14:25:44 (permalink)
LOL Isn't a rumor basically fake news until proven otherwise? Regardless of the definition, believing a rumor is foolish. 

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: NVIDIA hosts first next-Gen GeForce briefings for board partners 2018/07/17 15:03:09 (permalink)
Nope, just the opposite. Rumors are 100% true until proven false. Even after the rumors are proven 100% false, they were only rumors so they were never truly false. Just read through this section, it has been proven many times over. Rumors are never fake news.

...or was that innocent until proven guilty??? I’m so confused.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/07/17 15:33:22
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile