Author
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 45
2021/11/17 03:42:23 (permalink)
TechPowerUp - NVIDIA Officially Announces DLSS 2.3

“NVIDIA DLSS adoption is growing rapidly, accelerated by easy-to-use Unreal Engine plugins and native support in Unity. This month 10 new games get DLSS, and a number of others, including Cyberpunk 2077, get upgraded to the new NVIDIA DLSS 2.3 SDK for even better image quality. With an AI model that continuously improves through training on NVIDIA's supercomputer, NVIDIA DLSS offers the best image quality and performance for over 130 games and applications.

To deliver a level of performance and image quality far above that of traditional upscaling technologies, NVIDIA DLSS utilizes an AI model trained on supercomputers, deep game integrations, and GeForce RTX Tensor Cores. Our DLSS AI model is always learning, and our newest update, NVIDIA DLSS 2.3, is available now. It makes smarter use of a game's motion vectors to improve object detail in motion, particle reconstruction, ghosting, and temporal stability.

In Cyberpunk 2077, which updates to NVIDIA DLSS 2.3 today, it more smartly uses motion vectors to reduce ghosting on fine detail in motion. Take a look at an example below, on the car's side mirror.

DOOM Eternal, id Software's much-loved first-person shooter, recently updated to NVIDIA DLSS 2.3, bringing improvements to particle rendering, which reduces streaking that obfuscated the appearance of embers and other small particle effects.

NVIDIA DLSS 2.3 is available now in 16 titles, including:
    Baldur's Gate 3
    Bright Memory: Infinite
    Crysis 2 Remastered
    Crysis 3 Remastered
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Deathloop
    DOOM Eternal
    Grand Theft Auto III - Definitive Edition
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Definitive Edition
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Definitive Edition
    Jurassic World Evolution 2
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Sword & Fairy 7

And DLSS 2.3 comes to Farming Simulator 22 on November 22nd when the game launches.”

My thoughts:  NVIDIA appears to be working to make DLSS the predominate image enhancement engine.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30972
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: NVIDIA Officially Announces DLSS 2.3 2021/11/17 11:40:09 (permalink)
    looks like a Win for gamers

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10324
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: NVIDIA Officially Announces DLSS 2.3 2021/11/17 11:50:27 (permalink)
    The only two games I own on the list above are the Tomb Raider games.  I might have to re-install one them to see how this works.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: NVIDIA Officially Announces DLSS 2.3 2021/11/17 12:06:30 (permalink)
    Sounds really good that they updated it to get rid of the ghosting. I really feel that we might eventually get to the point that DLSS will be used to upsample native 4K and result in a clearer picture at the end the same way full screen anti aliasing upsampled from native. I also think DLSS is an area that could see a huge leap generation to generation both in the hardware generation and like this with updates to the games use of the technology.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile