EVGA

NVIDIA Hash-Rate Limited GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Being Shipped To e-Cafes in China

Author
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
2021/05/07 15:46:22 (permalink)
more sad news here

NVIDIA Hash-Rate Limited GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Being Shipped To e-Cafes in China Instead of Gamers

New reports coming in from Asian tech outlets reveal that NVIDIA is supplying its latest GeForce RTX 3060 graphics cards to e-Cafes on a priority basis instead of gamers which they are designed for in the first place.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Lite Hash Rate Graphics Cards Being Supplied To e-Cafes Instead of Gamers in China

We know that the first outing of the hash rate limiter failed spectacularly and NVIDIA decided to re-launch its entire GeForce RTX 30 series lineup with brand new GPU SKUs to tackle the cryptomining craze. The first graphics card to launch under this new lineup is the GeForce RTX 3060 but it looks like gamers would once again find it difficult to get the graphics card off retail shelves as e-cafes in China have bought large quantities of the GPUs, making the overall stock run dry once again.

It is reported by ITHome & MyDrivers that the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card featuring the GA106-302 GPU (previously GA106-300), will be shipping next week but there's bad news for gamers in all this. Following are all the new NVIDIA Ampere GA**2 SKUs that you can expect:

The report states that NVIDIA and its AIB partners have received a large number of orders from Internet Cafes (e-Cafes) in the Asian-Pacific region and it looks like they will be getting priority over gamers from May till June. NVIDIA themselves is stated to have recommended its AIC partners to prioritize GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card supply to internet cafes and will provide its partners with strategic support.
We have previously seen gaming and internet cafes being converted to cryptocurrency mining farms with several NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards installed. NVIDIA will have the new mining hash rate limiter on the RTX 3060 graphics card but if miners are able to bypass it once again, then there's no stopping the same cafes from taking advantage of the situation and once again use the cards for mining purposes considering it lets them earn bigger profits.

https://wccftech.com/nvid...ina-instead-of-gamers/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

just what i said would happen miners will still buy the cards with the gimp in it  because it has higher resale later on - and warranty
and it is quite possible to un-gimp it later on 

its no worse off than what the cmp 30HX and cmp 40HX have to offer

this was an utter failure of Nvidia 
just make the standard cards - but just make more of them

if you really want to make mining cards then you really should make cards that have 2x or 3x or 4x better results than the video cards
like i said Nvidia has to start making mining specific chips to complement  the portfolio

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

4 Replies Related Threads

daybr4ke
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 110
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: NVIDIA Hash-Rate Limited GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Being Shipped To e-Cafes in C 2021/05/07 23:47:54 (permalink)
    Huh. I don't feel too bad about this one. The 3060 is a pretty weak card. I think they're a perfect fit for Chinese E-cafes. Probably hooked up to a 1080p monitor, which is pretty much the 3060's weight class.

08R3J7G45DVZIXU8GXO
    (Elite Code. Don't know what it does but here it is.)
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6746
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: NVIDIA Hash-Rate Limited GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Being Shipped To e-Cafes in C 2021/05/08 03:19:17 (permalink)
    the e-cafes in china are currently crypto mining - because people aren't in cafes - and they are limited to number of people

so cafes are mining to pay the bills = they say they make more $$$ that way - customers in china pays in yen and crypto is USD value

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2021/05/08 09:43:04

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

Miguell
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1112
    Re: NVIDIA Hash-Rate Limited GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Being Shipped To e-Cafes in C 2021/05/08 09:25:50 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious
    the e-cafes in china are currently crypto mining - because people aren't in cafes - and they are limited to number of people

so cafes are mining to pay the bills = they say they make more $$$ that way - sheing china pays in yen and crypto is USD value

well is safe to say... everyone is trying to mine these days!! specially in China!!

i wonder when will this crypto craze calm down... 

always creating new crypto ... and always creating and renewing Hype and the hopes to the poor common folks who want to get rich!

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830
    Display: 32" AOC Q3279VWFD8 @2560x1440@75Hz
    Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700
    Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L - RGB
    Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
    Vga: Asus Dual RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Advanced Edition
    Ram: 32GB DDR4  G.SKILL - RIPJAWS V @3200Mhz
    Sound: Hama uRage soundZbar 2.1 Unleashed  - (Optical)
    Storage: 500GB SSD M.2 A2000  NVMe  Kingston (OS) + 8TB (4+4) HDD X300 Toshiba (Data)
    Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W
    frankcro
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: NVIDIA Hash-Rate Limited GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Being Shipped To e-Cafes in C 2021/06/03 01:02:44 (permalink)
    I've heard that you can get around the hash limiter
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile