Hot!NVIDIA Addresses PC Stuttering Issues in Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2023/05/25 22:42:16 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/309174/nvidia-addresses-pc-stuttering-issues-in-cyberpunk-2077-and-the-witcher-3-patches-incoming

PCGamesN reviewed the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB founder edition graphics card a few days ago - the author noticed some stuttering issues when testing out said GPU in Cyberpunk 2077, and proceeded to publish these details. The odd performance bug seemed to occur when DLSS Frame Generation was enabled on a Ryzen 7000-series CPU PC system. PCGamesN forwarded these findings to NVIDIA - who took the matter very seriously. Team Green has since confirmed that an incompatibility between DLSS and Ryzen 7000 series processors exists in Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 - both developed by CD Projekt RED, and running on variants of the studio's proprietary REDengine. PCGamesN was quickly provided with revised .dll files that have apparently resolved the in-game stuttering problems.

An NVIDIA spokesperson outlined plans for forthcoming fixes: "The latest StreamLine 1.5.6 SL.dll files will be included in an upcoming patch of Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3, fixes stuttering on Ryzen 7000 CPUs." PCGamesN was impressed with the speedy response (on the software team's part) and effectiveness of the specified bug fixes - and jokingly signs off their article with this conclusion: "There's no word on when this update will arrive exactly, but we're glad to see NVIDIA both quickly recognize and provide a fix for the problem. Hopefully it'll arrive before or just in time for the Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty release date, instead of whenever The Witcher 4 release date will be."

Good to know this fix will be coming soon.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: NVIDIA Addresses PC Stuttering Issues in Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 2023/05/26 04:51:22 (permalink)
    I agree that it's good to know a fix is coming. Luckily the problem was found in two games that is currently popular. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile