EVGA

My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service.

Author
roocotz
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/22 15:42:55 (permalink)
So let me preface this by saying that in all instances prior to this, EVGA has done great from a customer service stand point.

I sent back a RTX 2080 XC a week and a half ago for an RMA. The card was idling about 60c and would ramp up and start throttling to 90c playing any title. This is with re-pasting the GPU with IC Diamond which helped it from hitting 95c under load as it was before then. This is my 2nd RMA.

Fast forward to today. I get a delivery notification and am excited to use a properly cooled GPU! Happy day!
My excitement was soon crashing down when I unpacked the card and saw deep scratches all over the front plate and multiple bent cooling fins. Now at this time, I am not too upset, these things happen. What really pooped in my cornflakes was when I talked to a Customer Service Rep about this at EVGA...

No apology was offered.
He said "Just bend the fins back".
No offer to correct the issue.

I am a bit OCD when it comes to my computer components and maintaining them properly and keeping them as pristine as possible. When I send in a physically unblemished product I expect that when one I get back, if not the original, might have a scratch or something minor, but to have actual BENT FINS and multiple deep scratches in the plastic...that's just too much. The main thing that errked me is that the representative acted as if this was completely fine, and didn't even acknowledge that was an issue or unacceptable. You don't take your car to a shop, get it back with dent's and scratches expecting the repair tech to basically say, fix it yourself... The box it shipped in was completely fine, no dents, seals were intact...so someone boxed the product like that before sending it out. 

It took me explaining that to him and THEN requesting a courtesy advance RMA for any sort of solution.

TL:DR
First bad experience with EVGA and I hope it's not a trend.

10 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/22 15:50:45 (permalink)
    Dang, Sorry to see this happen

Moving to Warranty Section of Forums  
    Home » All Forums » [EVGA General Forum] » EVGA Warranty Questions

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/24 06:20:17 (permalink)
    I do apologize for that experience. Glad to hear that in the end things were sorted out but that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    Again I do apologize.

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    roocotz
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/24 06:34:51 (permalink)
    Appreciated. Unfortunately I wont be able to say for sure until the replacement gets here. Stay tuned...
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/24 06:43:57 (permalink)
    roocotz
    Appreciated. Unfortunately I wont be able to say for sure until the replacement gets here. Stay tuned...

Please keep us informed when the replacement arrives and the status. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/24 08:19:47 (permalink)
    roocotz

Please let us know if you do have any issues with the replacement. We would like to assist as best as possible.

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    zeronixpt
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/24 17:05:14 (permalink)
    roocotz
    So let me preface this by saying that in all instances prior to this, EVGA has done great from a customer service stand point. I sent back a RTX 2080 XC a week and a half ago for an RMA. The card was idling about 60c and would ramp up and start throttling to 90c playing any title. This is with re-pasting the GPU with IC Diamond which helped it from hitting 95c under load as it was before then. This is my 2nd RMA. Fast forward to today. I get a delivery notification and am excited to use a properly cooled GPU! Happy day!My excitement was soon crashing down when I unpacked the card and saw deep scratches all over the front plate and multiple bent cooling fins. Now at this time, I am not too upset, these things happen. What really pooped in my cornflakes was when I talked to a Customer Service Rep about this at EVGA... No apology was offered.He said "Just bend the fins back".No offer to correct the issue. I am a bit OCD when it comes to my computer components and maintaining them properly and keeping them as pristine as possible. When I send in a physically unblemished product I expect that when one I get back, if not the original, might have a scratch or something minor, but to have actual BENT FINS and multiple deep scratches in the plastic...that's just too much. The main thing that errked me is that the representative acted as if this was completely fine, and didn't even acknowledge that was an issue or unacceptable. You don't take your car to a shop, get it back with dent's and scratches expecting the repair tech to basically say, fix it yourself... The box it shipped in was completely fine, no dents, seals were intact...so someone boxed the product like that before sending it out.  It took me explaining that to him and THEN requesting a courtesy advance RMA for any sort of solution. TL:DRFirst bad experience with EVGA and I hope it's not a trend.

I´m in this situation too,
    Send one power supply that i buyed , dead on arrival for 1st rma.
    When i receive the new one, come damage, scratched and dead on arrival again.
    Os course i will not send it again, taking the risk of come again defective. For me was disrespectfull.

My Topic: 

forums.evga.com/RMA-Returned-me-an-Damaged-Power-Supply-m2998439.aspx

Thanks
    post edited by zeronixpt - 2019/10/24 17:06:28
    roocotz
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/29 13:01:10 (permalink)
    EVGATech_BrandonO
    roocotz

Please let us know if you do have any issues with the replacement. We would like to assist as best as possible.

Well I have received my 2nd RMA card.
    I opened the box and found the card free of blemishes!

Unfortunately the card appears to have issues. I installed it and the core clock is stuck at 300MHz. No matter what I do, core clock is not changing. Raising the core clock in Precision X1 literally does nothing.  I DDU'd my drivers and clean installed the current drivers, still nothing. I mean...at least it's running cool under "load".

Was this card not tested? I will now have to be on RMA No. 3. 

post edited by roocotz - 2019/10/29 13:04:43
    zeronixpt
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/10/29 15:58:15 (permalink)
    3rd time .. Welcome aboard too.
    In my situation i will not send it because will pay almost the same for shipping that an new one..
    MaddMutt
    • Total Posts : 23
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2019/11/04 10:03:14 (permalink)
    I have to add mine to this list :(

I have a z370 EVGA Classified K that melted it's own CPU pin, 3rd pin over 5th pin up from bottom of socket. I believe this is a MB failure and not a operators error. There was/is only one (1) damaged pin in the CPU socket. I requested a RMA along with pictures showing the damaged pin. I was even ask to provide better/clear pictures of the socket and the damaged pin. I was not told that EVGA does not cover the CPU socket under it's warranty until the 2nd e-mail. It was a - Yes we can see the damaged pin but (STBY) that is not covered by warranty.  
    I was using a AIO and submitting scores to hwbot.org.
    I have since replaced it with a z390 Dark but still asking myself if I made the right call. I had debated on getting the z370 Asus Apex X.
    Total submissions to hwbot.org using xx MB.
    * z370 EVGA Classified K - six (6) -> all by me.
    * z370 Asus Apex X - ~ 10,000. The Go-To MB at the bot for WR Runs.
    * z390 EVGA Dark - ~ 600
    * z390 Asus Apex XI - ~ 2,200
    I worked for a company in the earily 90's that did a internal Customer Service review. They found that it cost 1 million dollars in advertising, to replace a previous customer with a new one. The previous customer having left because of bad CS, RMA, Product, Ect, Ect.
    I wonder how much that would be in todays $$ ??

Thank You For Your Time

P.S. I'm currently using the DARK and had written a nicer/friendlier post. That post was lost when the browser crashed. I didn't feel like taking 30m again to rewrite the post.

- General George S. Patton Quotes“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”

“You’re never beaten until you admit it.”
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.
    Yami78
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: My first bad experience with EVGA Customer Service. 2020/12/28 13:09:16 (permalink)
    I feel the same way. I just hung up with customer service and it was the worst experience ever.  They sent me a DOA PSU that I bought on the midweek madness sale.  I finally got my hands on a 3070 GPU and was anxious to play with it.  I found the install easy and when I turned on the computer, it just flashed.  I had a buddy of mine look at it and he said the same.  It was just not working.  I called customer service and they told me I had to return the product and pay to ship.  I'm like what?  how does a company charge you shipping for a defective product.  They could not explain to me other than send me out a refurbished PSU that might work.  I already bought a new one and it installed just fine.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and I got this guy Jeff.  Totally rude and he didn't seem like he cared one bit.  When I told him why should I pay for shipping when it was broken. His answer was, "do stores pay for your gas if you drive over there to return something?"  Seriously, (Deleted for Foul Language).  Why would anyone pay for EVGA with rude people working. I would never talk to anyone like that. He showed 0 empathy and this guy should be fired.  Yes, I was angry but you don't talk to anyone like that.  He eventually did cover the shipping because the product was defective.  After this, I would never buy anything from EVGA. This was my first and only time I will buy with EVGA. I will definitely reach out to corporate for this experience.  
    post edited by XrayMan - 2020/12/28 14:24:32
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile