Author
maleix
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/15 13:19:20 (permalink)
Sad Day 
- EVGA Customer since 2007.
- Always brag about EVGA products and world class customer service.
- Hype up the EVGA step-up program to friends and family.
- 13 Years Later actually in a situation to use the program.
- Purchase EVGA 2080TI on Amazon.com
- Was bought through Amazon Prime.
- Delivered in 2 days.
- Purchase extended warranty and updated my products.
- Submitted my AMAZON purchase invoice.
- On 3080 Launch day I get into the step-up queue (By 10:25am EST on the first day) Great spot in queue.
- Excited I got into the queue.
- Wait 2 months.
- Get Email that Step 2 in the process started.
- More excited.
- Then get decline step-up message: "Your Step-Up request has been declined due to the place of purchase not qualifying under the program's terms and conditions."

Anyways....
Check out the attached screen cap (My address blacked out). Take note of the amazon prime at top right, and also note above the 5 stars, a link the the "Visit the EVGA Store". 
My invoice clearly states it was purchased from Amazon, I paid Amazon, Amazon Shipped my product to me. The EVGA "WHERE TO BUY" page clearly lists AMAZON.COM

Now please tell me 99.9% of customers don't purchase the same item from amazon and ALSO think it isn't a legit purchase? Surely I am not the first customer to be screwed over by this and surely I won't be the last? This just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Something needs to be changed.

I am going to go cry my nerd tears now. Farewell EVGA.

- J. Hodge

22 Replies Related Threads

maleix
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 13:22:36 (permalink)
    Link to the sale page image: 

Edit: Apparently I have no way of linking a screen capture. the insert image isn't working, neither "upload files to the server"  or the actually URL which gets deleted from the post.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2020/11/15 13:38:18
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 13:47:26 (permalink)
    This is an issue with Amazon.  EVGA does not have any control over amazon, and how amazon runs the marketplace.  Amazon does not force users to purchase from their desired place, like Sold and Shipped by Amazon. 

When you click "Visit the EVGA Store"  Amazon compiles all of the EVGA listed items even if they are not sold and shipped by amazon.  This, again, is an Amazon problem and you should address it with Amazon directly. 

Right there in your screen shot, it says sold by RH Mobile, which is not an authorized seller.  It is a third party seller through amazon marketplace. Unfortunately folks have been buying quickly and not reading the sale pages, as this is not the first time I have seen this happen. it is 100% the users responsibility to make sure Amazon is the seller.  

Just as another example, EVGA has an EBay webstore, and it can be used for stepup if the purchase comes from the Official EVGA EBAY page. Unlike amazon, EBAY does not link you to someone else's page when you click a link in the official EVGA Ebay.  I have no idea why amazon would even consider allowing this, but amazon is the fault here, not EVGA.

I have also added the image you were trying to post.  You are required to get over a certain amount of posts before the spam filter stops hiding images.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2020/11/15 13:48:33
    maleix
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 14:00:29 (permalink)
    Thank you for allowing the image. 
    I understand EVGA has no control with how amazon handles their side of this. But EVGA can easily do some simple fixes on their end to reduce the instances of this happening. 

1. "Where to Buy" page can easily be edited to make it more apparent that, while yes SOME EVGA products on amazon qualify for a step-up, a large portion of them do not. The use of bold letters and different colors is HTML code I learned when I was 10 years old.
    2. "Step-Up Guide" could also reflect this IMPORTANT information near the top and in a more visible manner instead of being buried in a small paragraph at the bottom of the guide.

@the-scarlet-one Even your "Important GPU Stepup FAQs that are often overlooked" specifically #5 doesn't actually address this directly either.
    post edited by maleix - 2020/11/15 14:07:28
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 16:49:50 (permalink)
    It clearly says "Sold by RH Mobile" not only that but it is a "Used: Like New" video card, this isn't EVGA's fault so trying to shame them for your error is pointless. Next time before dumping $1200+ do your due diligence and make absolutely certain you know what you are doing. Sorry you spent $1200 on a used RTX 2080 Ti, but this is 100% on you. 
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2020/11/15 16:59:30

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    maleix
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 17:42:57 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    It clearly says "Sold by RH Mobile" not only that but it is a "Used: Like New" video card, this isn't EVGA's fault so trying to shame them for your error is pointless. Next time before dumping $1200+ do your due diligence and make absolutely certain you know what you are doing. Sorry you spent $1200 on a used RTX 2080 Ti, but this is 100% on you. 

That is what the product page shows as of today, not when I purchased it. I did not purchase nor did I receive a used card. On Amazon when a product is sold out it appears like that and shows you used ones. Also I paid 1500. 
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 17:54:55 (permalink)
    maleix
    CraptacularOne

That is what the product page shows as of today, not when I purchased it. I did not purchase nor did I receive a used card. On Amazon when a product is sold out it appears like that and shows you used ones. Also I paid 1500. 

I've been buying from Amazon for years, it always shows if it was used or new when bought unless you are linking to a refreshed listing and not the original product link. However regardless of it's new or used status, you bought it from a 3rd party reseller and not Amazon. Like I said,  I've been buying on Amazon for years and it always shows who you're buying from and who is shipping it. Newegg does the same thing as they have 3rd party reseller listed there too. They don't obscure this, it's right there on your product page. Sorry you wasted $1500, but that's on you, not EVGA to step in and take the hit for you. Yeah, it sucks. I'm not trying to be rude or mean, just honest. So your threatening to leave EVGA as a customer theatrics are in vain. You did this not them, you want to not buy their products because of your own mistake? Cool, that's your right as a customer to shop wherever you want. Take this as a hard lesson (and expensive) to do your due diligence and know exactly what it is you are doing with your $1500 next time regardless of where you spend it. 
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2020/11/15 18:03:27

thexbitterxendx
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 18:07:45 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    maleix
    CraptacularOne

I've been buying from Amazon for years, it always shows if it was used or new when bought unless you are linking to a refreshed listing and not the original product link. However regardless of it's new or used status, you bought it from a 3rd party reseller and not Amazon. Like I said,  I've been buying on Amazon for years and it always shows who you're buying from and who is shipping it. Newegg does the same thing as they have 3rd party reseller listed there too. They don't obscure this, it's right there on your product page. Sorry you wasted $1500, but that's on you, not EVGA to step in and take the hit for you. Yeah, it sucks. I'm not trying to be rude or mean, just honest. So your threatening to leave EVGA as a customer theatrics are in vain. You did this not them, you want to not buy their products because of your own mistake? Cool, that's your right as a customer to shop wherever you want. Take this as a hard lesson (and expensive) to do your due diligence and know exactly what it is you are doing with your $1500 next time regardless of where you spend it. 

Bang bang

maleix
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 18:23:52 (permalink)

maleix
    CraptacularOne

I am very sorry for not doing my due diligence. I will state this again for you. The screen cap is from the product as it is listed TODAY. Not how it was when I purchased it July 10th. 

The product was brand new and un-opened. Not a refurb, Not refreshed. 

Now I am pretty sure most people are not a blessed Amazon shopper such as yourself who do these in depth forensic searches into stuff.

The research I did was visit the "Where to Buy" and saw Amazon.com listed and bought it from Amazon NEW. Who in the hell besides you (Blessed Amazon Shopper) would even know or even consider the that the NEW product would not be eligible for the step-up program. I mean I could understand if I bought the card off Craig's list or something, but not when I have an actual valid invoice from a company listed as a valid retailer. 

All I am asking for at this point is for them to change the "Where to Buy" page to add that not all EVGA products purchased on Amazon are valid Step-Up Products (Even if BRAND NEW w/ an Amazon Invoice).

post edited by maleix - 2020/11/15 18:26:33
    Lioncat55
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 19:41:47 (permalink)
    maleix
     All I am asking for at this point is for them to change the "Where to Buy" page to add that not all EVGA products purchased on Amazon are valid Step-Up Products (Even if BRAND NEW w/ an Amazon Invoice).

Amazon really needs to change it so who it's sold by is more clearly marked. For any key purchases of stuff I want to ensure is new and has a full warranty, I am always making sure it's shipped and sold by Amazon.
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 19:54:57 (permalink)
    maleix

maleix
    CraptacularOne

I am very sorry for not doing my due diligence. I will state this again for you. The screen cap is from the product as it is listed TODAY. Not how it was when I purchased it July 10th. 

Now I am pretty sure most people are not a blessed Amazon shopper such as yourself who do these in depth forensic searches into stuff.

The research I did was visit the "Where to Buy" and saw Amazon.com listed and bought it from Amazon NEW. Who in the hell besides you (Blessed Amazon Shopper) would even know or even consider the that the NEW product would not be eligible for the step-up program. I mean I could understand if I bought the card off Craig's list or something, but not when I have an actual valid invoice from a company listed as a valid retailer. 

Getting pissed off and being as smart ass with me isn't going to get you anywhere. All the products when you buy on Amazon regardless of when you bought them will ALWAYS tell you who the seller is and who the shipper is. It doesn't matter if you bought it today, yesterday or 2 years ago. They don't just magically pop up who the seller is after you buy it. You screwed up, own up to it. Making mistakes is a condition of being human, it happens. EVGA doesn't need to do anything, they clearly spell it out in their step up rules. Amazon is a authorized reseller, RH Mobile isn't, you didn't pay attention when you bought it, that's your mistake. 

As for the remark about most people not being some "blessed Amazon shopper" apparently you've been living under a rock because they didn't become one of the biggest (if not the biggest) online retailers in the world overnight. You don't exactly have to be blessed by the hand of god to buy something from them 

Look, you screwed up and didn't pay attention to where you were buying it from. Demanding policy change because you didn't read the policy posted is foolish. But I suppose there is a reason why there's a label on bottles of bleach that tell people not to drink it.........
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2020/11/15 19:56:30

steak59
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/15 21:09:31 (permalink)
    maleix

Did you even read the Step-Up program page? It clearly stated Amazon Market Place reseller does not qualify unless it is EVGA themselves as a seller.

EVGA
    Products must be purchased from an authorized reseller, retailer, e-tailer or distributor of EVGA products. Products purchased from unauthorized resellers or dealers, which include, without limitation, secondhand purchases, online marketplaces such as eBay (except for EVGA's official eBay store), Amazon Marketplace (except for EVGA's official Amazon Marketplace store), and other online auction and/or marketplace websites do not qualify for the Step-Up program. Products received free through promotion or contest do not qualify for the Step-Up program.

I was hesitant to buy from Office Depot because this retailer was not on the list, and I contacted EVGA to Confirm its qualification before I made the purchase. Besides, buying it at $1500 does not mean EVGA will value the trade-in as $1500 either, I believe MSRP for that card is $1200.
    3astardo
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/16 06:14:04 (permalink)
    If You go on your Amazon acc, you can find the original purchase page, which will show you a screenshot at your time of purchase, That will show/tell who at time of purchase was the supplier, be it Amazon or RH
    Talon2020
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 300
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/16 09:05:08 (permalink)
    maleix
    CraptacularOne

Damn you spent $1500 on an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition? That card was $999 brand new (eventually $1099). That should have been your first sign you weren't buying from an authorized reseller. Either way if you have read the Step Up program entirely, or simply phoned EVGA they would have confirmed what you now know. This isn't on EVGA, the information was all there, even if it was further down the lengthy page of rules. In addition, plenty of posts here have talked about it, and you could have also easily made a quick post to verify and would have been answered promptly that it would not qualify. 

Don't fret, your 2080 Ti is still a very good card that will last you for years. If you're unhappy, maybe phone up Amazon and try and plead your case to them, but since it's a third party reseller you're also likely out of luck there except in case of a defective product, or listing error. 

i9 13900K | EVGA Z690 DARK | NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 8000 CL36 SK Hynix A-Die | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1000 P6 | LG C1 55 OLED 4K 120Hz G-Sync
    Urieldagda
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/16 16:02:09 (permalink)
    Your invoice should say "Sold By Amazon.com Services LLC"
    If you sent the screenshot of the buying page you sent the wrong information.. You have to check the invoice.
    pascaldd
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/16 18:01:21 (permalink)
    Well hope the extended return window for amazon works and try to return the card? Esp if the original listing didn't say used or whatever.
    liud21
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 360
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/17 07:50:09 (permalink)
    Just go to Amazon's order details page and look under the shipment details, it will tell you who it was sold by....
    -------------
    Qty : 1
    Sold By : xxxxxx....
    Turdy99
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/25 20:19:56 (permalink)
    I’m having the same issue I’m severely gutted to say the least
    Turdy99
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/25 20:23:34 (permalink)
    I didn’t even know eBay wasn’t allowed until I found out the hard way , you’d think if you bought new you would have full warranty but that’s just me and my naivety
    AngryAce
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 867
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/26 01:18:22 (permalink)
    I've been burnt at Newegg before so I always double check. I don't understand spending $1500 on a $1000 video card to step up to an $800 card. Might as well thrown $700 out the window.

ShuelK
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/26 07:20:29 (permalink)
    Products must be purchased from an authorized reseller, retailer, e-tailer or distributor of EVGA products. Products purchased from unauthorized resellers or dealers, which include, without limitation, secondhand purchases, online marketplaces such as eBay (except for EVGA's official eBay store), Amazon Marketplace (except for EVGA's official Amazon Marketplace store), and other online auction and/or marketplace websites do not qualify for the Step-Up program. Products received free through promotion or contest do not qualify for the Step-Up program.

> If it's EVGA official marketplace store would it say it? mine just says Amazon EU 

EDIT: saw in another post that EVGA allow if it's direct from Amazon themselves and not a third party reseller.
    post edited by ShuelK - 2020/11/26 07:58:10
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/26 09:09:03 (permalink)
    ShuelK

> If it's EVGA official marketplace store would it say it? mine just says Amazon EU 

EDIT: saw in another post that EVGA allow if it's direct from Amazon themselves and not a third party reseller.

Check your purchase page. It must say sold and shipped by Amazon, not any 3rd party reseller on Amazon. 

ShuelK
    Re: My Step-Down From EVGA 2020/11/27 05:26:15 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    ShuelK

Check your purchase page. It must say sold and shipped by Amazon, not any 3rd party reseller on Amazon. 

That's alright then
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile