EVGA

AnsweredMy RMA was rejected for minor scratches

Author
deadside beatz
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/04/13 12:12:20 (permalink)
I don’t know what to do. The RMA folks denied my RMA because of scratches on the pcb screw holes. I purchased a hybrid kit from evga to put on my rtx 3090 ultra I bought from eBay. I then connect an rgb strip to the argb header on the card so that I have those great looking lights. The next day all 4 pcie red lights where all on. I then filed a warranty claim and it was denied. I don’t know what to do. The card itself is working just. I called to receive an RMA number and I told the gentleman that I place a water block on it. Not a just any block, A hybrid from evga. Please help.
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1289
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 12:21:01 (permalink)
Up close pictures of damage areas would help
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 12:28:28 (permalink)
If you damaged the PCB while mounting the hybrid kit, you're out of luck. Doesn't matter if it was an EVGA kit or another aftermarket block. You did the damage, the warranty doesn't cover physical user inflicted damage to the PCB.

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 12:31:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/05/20 07:56:28
You bought the card from eBay, did you verify if the warranty was void before due to something the original owner did? Lots of people sell their broken product in an attempt to recoup funds where they can, so speak with EVGA to see if that may be the case. Did they deny the warranty without even looking at the card?

Like AWK16 said above, pictures of the full card would help a lot.
oVerRateD
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 13:41:45 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
You bought the card from eBay, did you verify if the warranty was void before due to something the original owner did? Lots of people sell their broken product in an attempt to recoup funds where they can, so speak with EVGA to see if that may be the case. Did they deny the warranty without even looking at the card?

You can tell if thats the case when you try to register the card right? It wont allow you to register a serial if its already registered. The original owner has to transer

My 3970x Build (Threadripper): https://imgur.com/a/p88C8YO
My 5950x Build (Ryzen): Pending a GPU... :(
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
  • Total Posts : 1461
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Please help 2021/04/13 17:42:10 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2021/05/20 07:57:01
Hi deadside beatz,

I do apologize for any confusion, I can confirm that our team did detail an email with photographs explaining the condition the graphics card had arrived in and why it was unable to be carried by warranty.  We did receive your graphics card with cuts in to the PCB around the area of the GPU screw holes.  Normally small blemishes or light scratches that are considered normal usage are acceptable however more severe damage like the cuts in to the PCB where the copper is exposed is irreparable.  

Please feel free to reach out to me direct if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 17:52:59 (permalink)
oVerRateD
the_Scarlet_one

You can tell if thats the case when you try to register the card right? It wont allow you to register a serial if its already registered. The original owner has to transer

Not always. There was a card that had been bent that kept getting sold and people tried to RMA it, but it wasn’t until they tried to RMA the card that the warranty issue came up. You can still show ownership of the card and the automated system may allow it to register, but once contact is made with support, the bad news would comes out.

However, as EVGA replied, this is not the case. Evidently the OP failed to mention how severe the “minor” scratches are.
deadside beatz
Re: Please help 2021/04/13 20:25:26 (permalink)
I did not see any deep scratches on this item at all. I inspected the unit very well. If I saw this I would of returned the unit immediately. And the pictures sent to me are un viewable so I can even see what you guys are talking about. The card works with no issue. This is so disappointing, I heard of evga trying to dodge a RMA but this is ridiculous. Going forward, you have guys like jay2cents and other youtubers get replacement for card they tear apart, perform outrageous benchmarks using liquid nitrogen, splattering petroleum jelly and basically destroying it. Why is my first experience with evga is complete crap? I understand if the card is bricked but it’s working minus the red lights that are on. Apparently I got duped by eBay. I handled that card with complete care. I have a friend that sent a card in pieces and still had his RMA honored. Why not me?
deadside beatz
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 20:47:34 (permalink)
I did not see scratches. Obviously I don’t have a lot of experience for me to catch these imperfections. I bought the card as is and did not realize any scratches. I took this problem with eBay with no luck. What I find unprofessional is that Evga did even offer a courtesy, nothing. I apparently got the shaft and there is no compassion what’s so ever from evga.you guys basically sent me on my way and complemented my 2700 dollar paperweight.
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/13 21:41:22 (permalink)
deadside beatz
I did not see scratches. Obviously I don’t have a lot of experience for me to catch these imperfections. I bought the card as is and did not realize any scratches. I took this problem with eBay with no luck. What I find unprofessional is that Evga did even offer a courtesy, nothing. I apparently got the shaft and there is no compassion what’s so ever from evga.you guys basically sent me on my way and complemented my 2700 dollar paperweight.

What courtesy are they obligated to give to you? You damaged the card installing the block and physical damage is not covered by warranty period. If they make an exception for you they have to make an exception for everyone. Mistakes happen, maybe you didn't notice you damaged the card. All it takes is a little slip and you knick the PCB with a screwdriver. The rules are the rules. And I'm quite sure your "friend" (why does everyone claim to know a guy who did something outrageous without requiring a shred of proof?) never sent EVGA a card "in pieces" as you claim and they honored the warranty. It would have been immediately rejected if sent in such a state. 

As for your rant about JayzTwoCents, if you are referring to the card he damaged by knocking off a capacitor, he's sending it to Taiwan for Vince (K|ngp|n) himself to repair since they are friends. It's not an official EVGA channel. 
post edited by CraptacularOne - 2021/04/13 21:42:28

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
EthanBurke
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 01:44:07 (permalink)
[código] Y en estos casos evga no ofrece ninguna solución ???.
It would be nice if we could see the photos.
[/ código]
post edited by EthanBurke - 2021/04/14 03:15:59
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Please help 2021/04/14 05:14:06 (permalink)
deadside beatz
I did not see any deep scratches on this item at all. I inspected the unit very well. If I saw this I would of returned the unit immediately. And the pictures sent to me are un viewable so I can even see what you guys are talking about. The card works with no issue. This is so disappointing, I heard of evga trying to dodge a RMA but this is ridiculous. Going forward, you have guys like jay2cents and other youtubers get replacement for card they tear apart, perform outrageous benchmarks using liquid nitrogen, splattering petroleum jelly and basically destroying it. Why is my first experience with evga is complete crap? I understand if the card is bricked but it’s working minus the red lights that are on. Apparently I got duped by eBay. I handled that card with complete care. I have a friend that sent a card in pieces and still had his RMA honored. Why not me?

The part in bold shows that you don’t know anything about extreme overclocking. Petroleum jelly protects the card, it does not damage the card. Liquid nitrogen can gain performance without destroying the card, which is what they are doing, and the card they bought is meant for that.

It would be best not to use examples that you don’t understand at all, because it doesn’t support what you are attempting to say.
deadside beatz
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 05:24:28 (permalink)
I did not damaged the card installing it is what I am saying. If there is damage on the card, that’s the way I received it. Any good company should honor the warranty. Your an obvious fanboy so maybe you should really read what I posted first before you give your jays 2cents. You are assuming I damaged the card, my argument is I did not. The courtesy, offer some type option not leave me in the rain which is what any good company would do. So please stop, get out of your moms basement wipe the Cheetos off your mouth and get a life.
deadside beatz
Re: Please help 2021/04/14 05:30:38 (permalink)
Something is definitely wrong with you bro. You completely missed the point on what I said. Completely. Sir, I think you should leave this argument to the adults. You clearly misread what I said.
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Please help 2021/04/14 06:09:48 (permalink)
Thing is does not matter you made the damage or the guy/girl sold it to you did the damage. Is not EVGA's fault that the Item ended in the condition it did. Me personally don't like buying EVGA products in Ebay at all Because there you get a lot douche bags will sell crappy products. playing blame game with innocent side of EVGA does not help. Warranty explains very well  how product should be. Mistakes happen you did not realized how badly it was damage and trusted wrong seller. We all been same boat great loss in PC products. Wish you well and Peace.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
EthanBurke
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: Please help 2021/04/14 06:58:37 (permalink)
And evga did not offer to repair your graphics card by paying for the repair ???
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 07:15:20 (permalink)
deadside beatz
I did not damaged the card installing it is what I am saying. If there is damage on the card, that’s the way I received it. Any good company should honor the warranty. Your an obvious fanboy so maybe you should really read what I posted first before you give your jays 2cents. You are assuming I damaged the card, my argument is I did not. The courtesy, offer some type option not leave me in the rain which is what any good company would do. So please stop, get out of your moms basement wipe the Cheetos off your mouth and get a life.

We are going to kindly ask you be respectful to other members of this forum. We understand you are upset and if there was something we could do to avoid this - we would have gone that route. Fact of the matter is, the damage to the card cannot be recertified and sent out to another customer and expect them to just accept it. Maybe you did not damage the card and the previous owner did but that has nothing to do with our warranty and it needing to be received by EVGA free of damage upon inspection. The RMA process is not a guarantee for replacement only inspection to be accepted and once it did not pass that step then it is returned. We will make sure to have the photos re sent so you can inspect the damage. 
oVerRateD
Superclocked Member
Re: Please help 2021/04/14 07:23:24 (permalink)
deadside beatz

In Jay's last video with his 3090 Kingpin, EVGA did not replace. Where did you get that from?
I also remember seeing him send video cards to another youtuber to fix them as well.

deadside beatz
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 07:51:04 (permalink)
Respectful? you got the one guy here basically calling me a liar. Are you kidding me? Look I’m done arguing and I will take care this in another way. Respectfully
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 08:04:36 (permalink)
deadside beatz
Respectful? you got the one guy here basically calling me a liar. Are you kidding me? Look I’m done arguing and I will take care this in another way. Respectfully

No one is calling you a liar. The PCB is damaged, whether you did it or the person you bought the card did it. You should carefully read the description of the eBay sellers page to see if they listed that the product was damaged in any way. If they didn’t list it, you may be able to get your money back. If they did list it, then it will be very hard to do anything at this point.
deadside beatz
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 08:19:24 (permalink)
Please send me the tracking number to my denied RMA sir as soon as possible so that I may track it’s progress. Thank you
oVerRateD
Superclocked Member
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/04/14 08:36:34 (permalink)
You should probably contact EVGA support via email or phone call (this forum is not official support)
Did you check your RMA status? when it ships you can see the the tracking number also.

abagailsflorist
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: My RMA was rejected for minor scratches 2021/05/03 12:29:07 (permalink)
Ouch.
Maybe see how much it would be to have it repaired?
Yeah, buying off of Ebay is hit or miss, esp with used components.
How long ago did you purchase this card from Ebay?
Did the listing mention returns being accepted?
Hopefully things work out for you!
mikev19
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: Please help 2021/05/08 16:58:05 (permalink)
deadside beatz
don’t know what to do. The RMA folks denied my RMA because of scratches on the pcb screw holes. I purchased a hybrid kit from evga to put on my rtx 3090 ultra I bought from eBay. I then connect an rgb strip to the argb header on the card so that I have those great looking lights. The next day all 4 pcie red lights where all on. I then filed a warranty claim and it was denied. I don’t know what to do. The card itself is working just. I called to receive an RMA number and I told the gentleman that I place a water block on it. Not a just any block, A hybrid from evga. Please help.

Was the 3090 Ultra card you bought from eBay twice or three times the price of MSRP?  Just wondering if you might have purchased it from a scalper or a miner who used it and then resold it.
MonkeyBanana
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: Please help 2021/05/10 17:24:58 (permalink)
While I know this doesn't help your immediate need for a video card, I thank you for posting so that others like myself can become aware of warranty topics in the future.  

Good luck on your search for a replacement!
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile