EVGA

Multiple nvstor64 device errors

Author
RevelanceFound
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2012/01/23 11:42:11 (permalink)
I have been experiencing seemingly random freezes when attempting to: view videos and open folders. Strangely, more intense rendering tasks do not cause any freezing to occur. Even more strange is the fact that both CPU-Z (1.59) and GPU-Z (0.5.7) show accurate data about my CPU, mother board and GPU. This seems to be graphic's card related due to nvstor64. Because my WD hard drive has passed multiple integrity tests by different software used to discover and correct damaged sectors.

The error in question:
Log Name:      System
Source:        nvstor64
Event ID:      4

Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
Command to device was aborted.

Device: \Device\RaidPort0
 Model: WDC WD3200AAKS-75B3A0
 Firmware Version: 01.0
 Port: 0

My System Specs
  • OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
  • RAM: 4093 Mb
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 1024 Mb
  • Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150

I have done the following in an attempt to fix this in chronological order:
  • Scanned my hard drive from a Nod32 rescue CD at maximum heuristics, nothing was found.
  • Chkdsk /F /R /X No corrupt data or NTFS irregularities found.
  • Ran Spinrite 6 at level 2 to find and repair any damaged sectors. No damaged sectors found.
  • Ran WD Data Lifeguard’s extended test to test my hard drive for errors. No errors found.
  • Windows Power Options: HD never sleeps
  • Ran as admin, clean install of: nForce Driver Version 15.57, GeForce 285.62 Driver
  • Sprayed compressed air to remove dust from my hardware inside and outside of my tower.
  • Booted from memtest86+-4.20.iso and ran the defualt test on the full range of my RAM

1 Reply Related Threads

maniacvvv
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10053
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 165
    Re:Multiple nvstor64 device errors 2012/01/26 08:04:15 (permalink)
    Hi, Welcome to the EVGA fourms

The nvstore64 error is releated to your motherboard chipset (hard drive controller) and has nothing to do with your graphics card drivers.

This issue is probably caused by a conflict/issue somewhere between your Dell BIOS, Nvidia chipset driver and Windows 7, using such a old model of 630i motherboard...

You best bet for fixing the issue would be trying the "latest official" Dell motherboard/chipset drivers and BIOS updates
    if any, for Windows 7 64bit and your exact Service Number/model number of Dell system.  

Your error:
    Device: \Device\RaidPort0
     Model: WDC WD3200AAKS-75B3A0
     Firmware Version: 01.0
     Port: 0

Would suggest that you might want to try using another port for the hard drive on the motherboard, and then repointing the boot drive as a easy fix...

Running a OS that was released years -after- your motherboard/chipset was released can be problematic with OEM systems like DELL. Many drivers from Windows Update or off the web will not work correctly, and such updates should be avoided or gotten from the Dell site directly for your exact system model number only 
    post edited by maniacvvv - 2012/01/26 08:07:12

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile