Monster Hunter: World is This Year's Biggest Game Launch on Steam

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2018/08/10 11:41:22 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/246666/monster-hunter-world-is-this-years-biggest-game-launch-on-steam

The popular game which has been one of the most popular console launches of this generation has again done it on the PC platform, where it achieved an astounding 239,779 concurrent players a few hours after launch, more than any Japanese game ever achieved. This sounds interesting if the game attracted that many users.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Monster Hunter: World is This Year's Biggest Game Launch on Steam 2018/08/10 22:52:37 (permalink)
    That is sad, but shows how terrible the Steam playerbase is when they swoon for bad console ports. Yes, this game is a terrible console port with basic features missing and basic options to turn off visuals missing as well. When I look at the top sellers list on Steam I just get depressed every time. Between counter-strike, mobas, pubg, and now this I weep for what PC gaming has turned into. I can only imagine what game developers feel like that actually put effort into their games for the PC anymore.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance was a massive success even if it required too much from most gamers and thus didn't achieve popular acceptance. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile