Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard

Author
King of Old School
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/06/04 23:58:46 (permalink)
Hello all,

I own a X99 Classified i would like to mod it cause i really don't like the red "E" on the motherboard but my problem is i'm not very good at modding things i know i could do what Jayz did to his X99 motherboard and paint the "E" part but i'm not good at panting either cause my hands shake too much so i'm kind at a lost in what to do.

I'm not sure if EVGA has the grey "E" like they have on the X99 FTW-K motherboard where i could get that grey "E" from my biggest issue is that the red "E" is not going to match my themed colour build i'm planning on doing a Black,Grey/Gun Metal Grey & Silver build.

But if i did try and paint the red "E" part on the motherboard would that void my warranty.

Thanks

8 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/06/05 00:15:28 (permalink)
    Any non-reversible modification is going to affect your warranty.  You'd have to ask them, but there would probably be some sort of charge for the modified cover to be replaced. They would still probably honor the warranty otherwise based on some similar questions asked here. As far as the painting part, just get some blue painters masking tape, cover the logo in sections and cut out the part you want to paint.
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2017/06/05 00:19:55

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

King of Old School
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/06/05 00:22:22 (permalink)
    I just thought of another option but this maybe to much of a long shot and it wouldn't affect the original heatsink. I'm wondering if EVGA themselves would have the heatsink like the one you get on the FTW-K  that i could buy from them.

The red "E" sticks out like a sore thumb apart from that the motherboard is perfect.

EDIT
    What i said above i don't think that will work cause the Classified has a heat pipe where the FTW-K doesn't.
    post edited by King of Old School - 2017/06/05 00:30:03
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/06/05 00:29:30 (permalink)
    King of Old School
    I just thought of another option but this maybe to much of a long shot and it wouldn't affect the original heatsink. I'm wondering if EVGA themselves would have the heatsink like the one you get on the FTW-K  that i could buy from them.

The red "E" sticks out like a sore thumb apart from that the motherboard is perfect.

That won't work as the Classified has an integrated heat pipe to the VRM and the FTW does not. But anyhow, Testor's model paint, should be a piece of cake.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

King of Old School
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/06/05 00:32:45 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    King of Old School

That won't work as the Classified has an integrated heat pipe to the VRM and the FTW does not. But anyhow, Testor's model paint, should be a piece of cake.

Yeah i think now i brought the wrong model motherboard i should have brought the FTW-K the red bit on that would have been easier to hide, Oh well live & learn.

With the model paint how many coats would you say it would take.
    post edited by King of Old School - 2017/06/05 00:43:35
    MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/06/05 15:17:26 (permalink)
    King of Old School
    HeavyHemi
    King of Old School

Yeah i think now i brought the wrong model motherboard i should have brought the FTW-K the red bit on that would have been easier to hide, Oh well live & learn.

You would be much better off with a nylon perforated sticker of the color you want and a razor blade.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/06/05 18:27:20 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MDecker
    King of Old School
    HeavyHemi
    King of Old School

You would be much better off with a nylon perforated sticker of the color you want and a razor blade.

I almost suggested trimming electrical tape. Ha ha.

King of Old School
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/08/19 05:32:15 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MDecker
    King of Old School
    HeavyHemi
    King of Old School

Hi i'm sorry for taking so long to reply to this

But i'm not sure what you mean bye nylon perforated sticker, Are you talking about carbon fibre or something, I did buy some cloth tape but not sure if it's going to work out.

Thanks again
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Modding my X99 Classified Motherboard 2017/08/19 06:46:48 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    EVGATech_MDecker
    King of Old School
    HeavyHemi
    King of Old School

I almost suggested trimming electrical tape. Ha ha.

Well with the thin clear cover or tap that is on the E you could remove it and place it on a large Cooled Tape to cut the out line and put pack on the E.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile