Minecraft's Java and Bedrock Editions are coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102260
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/10/18 03:57:54 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/minecraft_s_java_and_bedrock_editions_are_coming_to_xbox_game_pass_for_pc/1

At Minecraft Live, Mojang announced that Minecraft's Java and Bedrock Editions would be coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC, arriving on November 2nd. This addition brings to Xbox Game Pass a hugely popular Microsoft title that was previously missing from PC's version of Xbox Game Pass, adding additional value to the service. The best thing about this addition is that it includes both versions of Minecraft, its popular Java version, and its cross-platform compatible Bedrock edition. 

On PC, Minecraft's original Java version remains popular due to its moddability. At the same time, the game's Bedrock edition caters to those who want to play Minecraft with gamers across PC and console platforms. On Xbox Game Pass, PC gamers can now get the best of both worlds. What remains to be seen is how easily Minecraft's Java version can be modded. Xbox Game Pass for PC titles are often less moddable than other versions of the same game, and it remains to be seen whether or not this is the case for Minecraft's Java Edition on Xbox Game Pass. Regardless, having access to both versions of the game is handy. 

Bringing Minecraft two PC versions to Xbox Game Pass for PC is good news for all subscribers to the service. As it stands, Xbox Game Pass for PC provides PC gamers with one of the best value gaming packages available today, and every new game addition is making the service even more worthwhile. 

Microsoft is doing very well with the XBox Game Pass in my opinion.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

stebru94
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Minecraft's Java and Bedrock Editions are coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC 2021/10/18 09:34:10 (permalink)
    yes, I think it too. 
    In this period, microsoft understand that in no more profittable to sell single games.. and this is a good news for us! I Love game pass, it allow you to play at several games paying small amouth of money.
    moot14
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Minecraft's Java and Bedrock Editions are coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC 2021/10/21 13:45:56 (permalink)
    For some reason, I thought this was already on PC. Kind of weird that it took this long. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile