Microsoft's future Xbox Game Studios titles are coming to Steam

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/06/01 05:17:58 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/microsoft_s_future_xbox_game_studios_titles_are_coming_to_steam/1

Following the company's announcement that Halo: The Master Chief Collection's PC version would be coming to Steam, Microsoft has confirmed that they intend for all future Xbox Game Studios to release on both the Microsoft Store and Steam, with plans to enable more player choice moving forward. Starting with Gears of War 5 and Age of Empires I, II and III Definitive Edition, Microsoft plans to bring 20 new Xbox Games Studios titles to Valve's Steam platform, though there remains the option that other storefronts, such as the Epic Games Store will also be considered for future PC releases. 

This move will allow PC gamers to avoid Microsoft's Windows 10 app store, which has so far delivered PC gamers with a sub-par user experience. Future Xbox Games Studios titles will include PC cross-play, friends lists, and voice/text chat options, allowing gamers to play together regardless of their chosen storefront or platform (Xbox or PC). 

Personally I think this is a good move on Microsoft's part. I also believe this will give their games better exposure. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile