EVGA

Microsoft updates Age of Empires IV's system requirements by acknowledging AMD's existence

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102241
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/09/16 05:49:38 (permalink)
Microsoft updates Age of Empires IV's system requirements by acknowledging AMD's existence | OC3D News (overclock3d.net)

This weekend, between September 17th and 20th, Microsoft will be conducting a major pre-release Technical Stress Test for Age of Empires 4, allowing PC gamers to play the game's multiplayer component, battle against bots, and play the game tutorial. The full game is due to launch on October 28th. This Techincal Stress Test will go live on September 17th at 6 PM BST and end on September 20th at 6 PM BST. The Stress Test will be available on Steam and Microsoft's Xbox Insider Hub app for everyone who applies to join it. This stress test will contain the English, the Chinese, the Holy Roman Empire and the Abbasid Dynasty as playable factions. 

Microsoft has also updated Age of Empires IV's PC system requirements on Steam, acknowledging AMD's existence by releasing system requirements for those with AMD's Ryzen processors and Radeon graphics. Otherwise, the game's system requirements remain unchanged. Age of Empires IV is a DirectX 12 title that is designed to scale from low-end PCs with integrated graphics to modern PC builds with high-end GPUs. On the low-end, Age of Empires IV is designed to run on Intel's i5-6300U CPU and its Intel HD 520 graphics iGPU or systems with AMD's Ryzen 5 2400G CPU and the company's Vega 11 iGPU.  

The game will take up around 50 GB of storage and is designed to run on Windows 10/Windows 11. 

Microsoft has recommended that PC gamers invest in PCs with 16GB of system memory, 4GB of video memory (VRAM), and a 3.6GHz processor with six cores, suggesting an Intel i5 series processor and AMD's Ryzen 5 1600 CPU (or better). Nvidia's GTX 970 and AMD's RX 570 are the game's recommended graphics cards; both GPUs are fairly low-end by today's standards.

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: 3.6 GHz 6-core (Intel i5) or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 970 GPU or AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU with 4GB of VRAM
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 50 GB available space
Additional Notes: 4 GB of video RAM and 16 GB of system RAM

It looks like most gamers can play at the recommended settings in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile