EVGA

Losing Capture

Author
Kran1337
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/26 22:04:44 (permalink)
I just began using this device and I am having a few issues.

I am trying to use a dual PC streaming setup using OBS but it seems like the capture on my streaming PC seems to keep failing. It can be anywhere between a couple seconds or like 20 minutes but eventually the OBS capture freezes then anytime I re-activate it there's nothing (Even in other apps there is no display). The only way to correct it seems to be unplugging the card and re-plugging it in again but obviously mid stream that would be inconvenient. I saw some people mentioning HDCP as a potential culprit but that didn't seem to correct the issue. I know the card is at least somewhat functional because the HDMI out to my main monitor is still functioning.

16 Replies Related Threads

po0kiez
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Losing Capture 2020/12/27 16:13:31 (permalink)
    What type of content do you stream? I found I get the black screen when opening certain applications like Amazon prime/netflix likely due to the HDCP
    Kran1337
    Re: Losing Capture 2020/12/27 16:33:49 (permalink)
    Just gaming really. I was testing on World of Warcraft. But like I mentioned in the main post I turned off HDCP in the capture card settings, not sure if I need to do it elsewhere or not.

Edit: Plus I technically wasn't streaming online, I was just watching the capture through Streamlabs to make sure everything was working. Not sure if that matters or not, but I wasn't live during testing.
    post edited by Kran1337 - 2020/12/27 17:16:03
    harumscarum
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/01/09 02:37:50 (permalink)
    Same issue... within 20 seconds or so... the screen in OBS freezes... with anything.. gaming.. browser... content for me doesn't matter... simply freezes.
    Kran1337
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/01/09 18:11:17 (permalink)
    I discovered my issue was due to power. The capture card wasn't receiving enough power due to how I had my dual pc setup configured (stupidly had 2 pcs plugged into one surge protector without realizing).

Once I moved my stuff around a bit I haven't had any issues since.
    Traaaaan
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/01/09 23:41:43 (permalink)
    Go into obs settings and manually set the resolution of the xr1. Fixed my issue with capturing my xbox.
    safan80
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 322
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/01/11 01:51:18 (permalink)
    Did you get  this fixed?
    harumscarum
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/02/21 04:04:26 (permalink)
    I certainly never did... 5 days within receiving mine I opened a ticket.  Multiple failed attempts to resolve with support.  Went to RMA... turns out they charge you to even RMA.  Asked if I could then just get my money back.. I had already wasted a lot of time/effort/streams on troubleshooting.  They indicated no.. because it wasn't within their 14 day return policy.  Seemed strange to me since I emailed them within 5 days that it was not working.  So... I RMA'd... 'new' one they sent back... doesn't work.
    jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/02/21 08:52:41 (permalink)
    harumscarum
    I certainly never did... 5 days within receiving mine I opened a ticket.  Multiple failed attempts to resolve with support.  Went to RMA... turns out they charge you to even RMA.  Asked if I could then just get my money back.. I had already wasted a lot of time/effort/streams on troubleshooting.  They indicated no.. because it wasn't within their 14 day return policy.  Seemed strange to me since I emailed them within 5 days that it was not working.  So... I RMA'd... 'new' one they sent back... doesn't work.

That's kind of weak. Have you tried contacting them to help you troubleshoot it? 
    harumscarum
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/02/22 03:34:56 (permalink)
    jpace731
    harumscarum

That's kind of weak. Have you tried contacting them to help you troubleshoot it? 

Well... this second time... yes.  I emailed the RMA department asking if I need to submit a second ticket... no word yet.
    jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/02/22 12:19:56 (permalink)
    harumscarum
    jpace731
    harumscarum

Well... this second time... yes.  I emailed the RMA department asking if I need to submit a second ticket... no word yet.

Good luck, hopefully it all works out. At the very least I'd hope they cover the RMA fee if you need to return again
    harumscarum
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/02/24 13:35:33 (permalink)
    jpace731
    harumscarum
    jpace731
    harumscarum

Good luck, hopefully it all works out. At the very least I'd hope they cover the RMA fee if you need to return again

Thanks.... still nothing... crickets so far... so disappointed.... Was hoping this thing would blow away my elgato.
    jpace731
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/02/24 14:15:38 (permalink)
    harumscarum
    jpace731
    harumscarum
    jpace731
    harumscarum

Thanks.... still nothing... crickets so far... so disappointed.... Was hoping this thing would blow away my elgato.

I'm surprised some sort of tech support member in the forums hasn't answered anything on this thread yet honestly. 
    EVGATech_JustinT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 115
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/03/01 15:41:29 (permalink)
    Hello Harumscarum, I see you have been in contact with us regarding your capture card for continued troubleshooting. Based on your setup, can you try testing the capture card with the provided dual USB cable, plugging both directly into the stream computer (not using any usb hubs).

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/03/01 16:57:10 (permalink)
    Bear in mind that the Elgato USB capture cards have a single USB C to USB A cable. The XR1 requires the included USB C to dual USB 3.0 and 2.0 connector to ensure it received enough power. Please confirm that you have used the provided cable plugged directly into the system and not through any type of hub. 

harumscarum
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/03/15 15:02:20 (permalink)
    yes... did it.. it failed... replied to support on 3/8 have heard nothing yet.
    EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Losing Capture 2021/03/15 16:31:40 (permalink)
    Hello harumscarum! I tried calling you to help work on a resolution but was unable to reach you. I will send you an e-mail so we can communicate further on this.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile