EVGA

Loading a saved profile

Author
hemlock40a
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/01 07:44:42 (permalink)
Hello. I'm new to custom PC assembly and BIOS management. 

I need to understand what is supposed to happen when using the "Load Profile" and "Load profile from USB" options. 
This is why I'm asking:  

After going through all the steps to install an M.2 SSD, get win10 installed on it and boot, I went back into the BIOS and did both the "Save Profile" and "Save Profile to USB" operations.    

Then, as an experiment, I disabled the M.2 socket where the OS SSD is installed and did "Save Changes and Reset". As expected, this resulted in landing back in the BIOS GUI (nowhere else to go). 

Next, I did both "Load Profile" and "Load Profile from USB" selecting in each case the displayed profile and hitting Enter.  Neither one of these operations changed the M.2 socket setting to Enabled. Also did a "Save Changes and Reset" just to try it and still ended up back in BIOS with the M.2 setting remaining Disabled. 

Would someone please clarify this issue for me?  Was the procedure outlined above  supposed to work or am I misunderstanding something fundamental?    

I see on the "Save and Exit" screen of the GUI the terms "Settings" and "Profile" are both used. I assume they're synonymous. Am I wrong?  

I spent time trying to find a FAQ or Knowledge Base item dealing with this but failed to come up with anything useful.  

Thank You.

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Loading a saved profile 2018/05/01 10:50:09 (permalink)
    Load profile = load a saved profile from the bios.
    Load profile from usb = load a saved profile from a usb drive.

hemlock40a
    Was the procedure outlined above  supposed to work    

Yes.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile