Limit 1 per house hold

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/24 09:02:17 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
This Thread should be merged with this Thread Limit 1 per house hold

Agreed -- belongs in General Discussion ---> thread already exists for this topic

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/24 09:04:22 (permalink)
temp lock to cleanup merged thread title

title of merged thread has been stripped - removed "Why do EVGA limit the amount of graphics cards you can buy to 1 per house hold."

The original title has been edited into those Posts   "Limit 1 per house hold"

Admin work done, unlocking thread
post edited by Cool GTX - 2018/02/24 09:18:53

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/24 09:24:20 (permalink)
EVGA wants to Give Everybody a chance to own one of their products

the limit per house hold is to ensure a larger customer base has the product; because total sales does not matter - Demand is greater than supply

The limiting factor that is outside of EVGA's hand ----> How many GPU that Nvidia has allocated

This is Not an Official EVGA responce ---> it is my Opinion, based on my observations 

I am a volunteer Moderator on the EVGA Forums ---> I am Not an Employee of EVGA

squall-leonhart
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2904
  • Ribbons : 24
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/26 02:37:11 (permalink)
There is no GPU allocation issue, nvidia has warehouses full of GP102 chips and is still producing GP104/106 enmass.

GDDR5 stock is at a serious low because of artificial production restrictions.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:BenQ G2400WD, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme
Kingslayer_The
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/28 13:34:56 (permalink)
Serious question, I'm curious how the miners are bypassing these one GPU restrictions, or if the demand is so high they are also not able to find any GPUs like the rest of us. Would make more sense if someone somewhere is receiving GPU stock and not enforcing similar limits.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/28 13:40:41 (permalink)
Kingslayer_The
Serious question, I'm curious how the miners are bypassing these one GPU restrictions, or if the demand is so high they are also not able to find any GPUs like the rest of us. Would make more sense if someone somewhere is receiving GPU stock and not enforcing similar limits.

It only applies to EVGA's Website.
They are Not Bypassing this on EVGA's Website.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Kingslayer_The
Superclocked Member
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/28 13:49:42 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Kingslayer_The

I mistakenly thought I read newegg and amazon were enforcing similar limitations, thanks. I would really like to see Amazon do some good and use verified prime status to sell at regular prices to customers, but also don't expect that. I'm again very happy EVGA has put a limit and sold at the listed prices rather than choose to gouge its core customers. I'm upset not to be able to get a card as easily but its nice to see them making a serious effort.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/28 13:53:44 (permalink)
Kingslayer_The
bcavnaugh
Kingslayer_The

I mistakenly thought I read newegg and amazon were enforcing similar limitations, thanks. I would really like to see Amazon do some good and use verified prime status to sell at regular prices to customers, but also don't expect that. I'm again very happy EVGA has put a limit and sold at the listed prices rather than choose to gouge its core customers. I'm upset not to be able to get a card as easily but its nice to see them making a serious effort.

The Thread is really only about Limit 1 per household here on the EVGA's website.
They cannot stop what a 3rd Party Seller is doing.
On Amazon Prime status means nothing when it is a 3rd Party Seller same on Newegg.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/28 13:56:02

Kingslayer_The
Superclocked Member
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/28 14:08:11 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Kingslayer_The
bcavnaugh
Kingslayer_The

The Thread is really only about Limit 1 per household here on the EVGA's website.
On Amazon Prime status means nothing when it is a 3rd Party Seller same on Newegg.

Sorry, wasn't trying to exceed the thread scope. I understand EVGA doesn't control 3rd party sellers, was more curious about the ongoing pipeline of products from EVGA to third party sellers who then do not impose restrictions, but I'll look elsewhere to discuss. Thanks.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/02/28 14:27:53 (permalink)
Kingslayer_The
bcavnaugh
Kingslayer_The
bcavnaugh
Kingslayer_The

Sorry, wasn't trying to exceed the thread scope. I understand EVGA doesn't control 3rd party sellers, was more curious about the ongoing pipeline of products from EVGA to third party sellers who then do not impose restrictions, but I'll look elsewhere to discuss. Thanks.

It is No biggie you can post here. I am only saying that no one can control what the 3rd Party Sellers are doing is all.
Though I did read somewhere that Newegg Dropped the Price on some of their 3rd Party Sellers.
It also could be an insider at Amazon or Newegg Selling their Stock to the 3rd Party Sellers.
Greed is Greed After All.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/28 14:32:20

lostinthought
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/03/26 11:40:02 (permalink)
They have been doing this for the big miner problem now too. But honestly you can just get one and have it sent to a friends house.
TheLastofElves
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: Limit 1 per house hold 2018/04/10 05:38:29 (permalink)
I want to run SLI as well, but am glad the 1 per household is a thing, because just maybe it can slow down miners on buying up the stock.

CPU: I7-8700K @ 5GHZ
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
MB: Aorus Z370 Gaming 7
Ram: 16 GB Corsair Dominator 3200
HD: 1 TB M.2. NVME Samsung 960 PRO
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850
Cooling: Custom EK Loop
Fans: 6 Corsair LL120 Fans
Case: Corsair Crystal 570x
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile