Kaspersky Labs Warns Against Cryptocurrency Social Engineering Schemes

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2018/07/17 05:46:19 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/246053/kaspersky-labs-warns-against-cryptocurrency-social-engineering-schemes

Some of the most popular targets are ICO investors, who seek to invest their money in start-ups in the hope of gaining a profit in the future. For this group of people, cyber-criminals create fake web pages that simulate the sites of official ICO projects, or try to gain access to their contacts so they can send a phishing email with the number of an e-wallet for investors to send their cryptocurrency to. According to Kaspersky Lab's rather rough estimates, criminals managed to earn more than 21,000 ETH (The Ether cryptocurrency, which uses blockchain generated by the Ethereum platform) or over $10m at the current exchange rate using the above described schemes over the past year. 

Kaspersky offers some good advice to help become aware of possible schemes such as this. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Kaspersky Labs Warns Against Cryptocurrency Social Engineering Schemes 2018/07/17 21:29:11 (permalink)

None of it applies to me, thank goodness.    =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile