EVGA

Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box.

Author
Randallel
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/11 14:32:18 (permalink)
I just wanted to come here and vent about my experiences with EVGA GPUs. I've own multiple EVGA products, which several of them had issues. Had a 1070 SC, which I had to send in for them to apply thermal pads. I've also had a 1080 FTW2, which had terrible thermal performance (would spike to 83C on stock clocks before down-clocking). Then my top of the line 1080 Ti FTW3 had subpar thermal performance, because it's only a 2 slot card. I later then Step Up to a 2080 Ti XC Black Edition. I was scared that history was going to repeat itself again, because I heard that the new RTX cards were prone to artifact. No issues, until 9 months later when my fan controller decided to malfunction, making my Fan 2 spin at 100%. The RMA was taking longer than expected. They told me that they were backlogged. I just received my RMA today, artifacting right out of the box. Is this a joke? What happened to their "extensive in house testing". How in the world did this card pass QC. I'd rather have my other card that at least worked. I heard that it takes several RMA's with EVGA to get a working card. I'm losing faith in EVGA products. The only reason why I stayed is because of the customer service, but I'd rather not have to talk to customer service at all.

Shout out to Justin at EVGA for dealing with me today.

Update: I just received my replacement from EVGA, after they were generous enough to give me an Advanced RMA. Card is working as intended, and I'm very pleased that EVGA made things right. 10/10 Customer service. Let's just hope this card last until my next one.
post edited by Randallel - 2020/01/14 14:22:51

17 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 14:36:14 (permalink)
    Your post was "grabbed by the Spam filter"  I approved it

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Randallel
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 14:37:26 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Thanks. I thought a mod deleted it, was about to get triggered.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 15:36:27 (permalink)
    How were your GPU temps overall throughout your different GPU experiences on load?

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Randallel
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 16:03:30 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    How were your GPU temps overall throughout your different GPU experiences on load?

Pretty average, most GPUs would hover around 74C.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 16:55:24 (permalink)
    Randallel
    Cool GTX

Thanks. I thought a mod deleted it, was about to get triggered.

Mod Only delete Post that are In Major Violation of the EVGA Forums Terms .... Usually we Modify the Post to address an issue like language of other Violation

The New Spam filter is still being tuned & has blocked more that a few legitimate Posts ... best to just reach out to Any Mod that is online if you have issues that need assistance .. We .. Mods like to Help

In regards to the GPU issue:

I can understand being frustrated ..

Have you confirmed the issue with a second video cable or cable type & a different Monitor ?

Have you tried to run DDU and reinstall Older Nvidia driver ?

Ideally you'd have access to a second working PC & could test the card in it

Try the steps in this thread: Basic troubleshooting steps. Windows clean boot, clean driver install, debug mode, etc

You Need to reach out to EVGA CS for assistance on a Replacement if the Card refuses to work

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Randallel
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 18:09:41 (permalink)
    It's definitely not my PC. The RMA was for a faulty fan. The replacement is in worse shape than the RMA, nice one EVGA. It started artifcating as soon as I started my PC. I tried to factory reset Windows, used different PCIe slots, different display ports and cables. I'm not even sure what's the point in RMA'ing anymore if all I'm going to receive is a refurb that probably came from a previous RMA. Explains why these refurbs are artifacting so frequently. Literally just a cycle of a mess.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 18:10:48 (permalink)
    Randallel
    GTXJackBauer

Pretty average, most GPUs would hover around 74C.

The reason why I asked is because the GPUs that were most likely hovering around 74c were less in TDP than say the subpar 1080 Ti FTW3 and your current 2080 Ti.  The high end GPUs needs more cooler air than your previous GPUs, including the 1080 Ti.  When the GPU starts throwing speed because of temps, I would focus on thermals as crashing, artifacts, fans ramping up to 100% can be signs of high thermals.  

Did you have a thermal graph to see where the temps were overtime?  I would suspect even if it went past 83c, you'd still lose that data on a crash/lockup, etc.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Randallel
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 18:18:22 (permalink)
    The fan that was ramping up to 100% was due to a fan controller, EVGA verified that. My case has great airflow, I can take a picture of it here in a bit. I have Noctua case fans that are populating every slot for a total of 6 case fans. I have a NH-D15s cooling my 9900K that has been delidded w/ liquid metal. It's not my PC. And my problems has persisted throughout multiple builds/cases. This isn't an isolated incident.

PC Airflow - https://imgur.com/a/BUF41Hi
    post edited by Randallel - 2020/01/11 18:23:43
    EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 21:59:11 (permalink)
    I am sorry to hear this and I see that you called after an e-mail and we have setup an RMA to resolve this. I have also responded to your e-mail and I have passed this to Justin for your shutout. I apologize for any inconvenience.
    Randallel
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/11 22:25:34 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MattM
    I am sorry to hear this and I see that you called after an e-mail and we have setup an RMA to resolve this. I have also responded to your e-mail and I have passed this to Justin for your shutout. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Let's hope this is the last time we talk to each other.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/12 10:36:45 (permalink)
    Randallel
    The fan that was ramping up to 100% was due to a fan controller, EVGA verified that. My case has great airflow, I can take a picture of it here in a bit. I have Noctua case fans that are populating every slot for a total of 6 case fans. I have a NH-D15s cooling my 9900K that has been delidded w/ liquid metal. It's not my PC. And my problems has persisted throughout multiple builds/cases. This isn't an isolated incident.

PC Airflow - https://imgur.com/a/BUF41Hi

Nice clean looking system. 

Yeah, that's unfortunate and hopefully EVGA will iron it out with you which I believe they will.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    nova496
    • Total Posts : 85
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/13 01:17:45 (permalink)
    Evga is top notch. And anything in life there is problems I had a titan x die on me they sent me a rma one doa. They took care of me and I didn't give them attitude it happens.

We all have bad days and things go wrong. And the Nzxt h700i or h710i is a ok case for air flow. It's really good with out the top and front panel on temps will drop 5-10C.

I have noticed in my old h700i that my 3000rpm fans even at 60% was dumping so much heat out of the case that it was like a heater. Switched to a different case with more room and my room temp doesnt raise by 10-15 degrees anymore.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/15 10:38:17 (permalink)
    (thread restored again sigh .... Bad spam filter ... bad)

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/15 11:27:03 (permalink)
    Randallel
    EVGATech_MattM

Hopefully the issue is resolved with another RMA. Normally it just takes one to get things working good but sometimes a bad card slips out of the RMA department that we hear about on the forums. I hope you will take a moment to let people know how the second RMA goes.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/15 14:00:24 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Randallel
    EVGATech_MattM

Hopefully the issue is resolved with another RMA. Normally it just takes one to get things working good but sometimes a bad card slips out of the RMA department that we hear about on the forums. I hope you will take a moment to let people know how the second RMA goes.

At least they aren't like Asus. Asus basically told me that they think I am trying to get another new monitor out of them. Even though I have pictures of both monitors (the original and the replacement) with flickering lines. EVGA for sure has the best RMA/customer service. They have always taken good care of me. Actually, I believe that I have only had one bad card from EVGA over the many years I have been a customer, the replacement took care of the issue I was having.
    Randallel
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/15 15:34:05 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Randallel
    EVGATech_MattM

Yeah, I just updated my post. I'm very pleased on how EVGA handled the matter.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Just received my RMA and it's artifcating out of the box. 2020/01/16 08:57:32 (permalink)
    Randallel

Yeah, I just updated my post. I'm very pleased on how EVGA handled the matter.

thats great

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile