EVGA

Helpful ReplyJust a bit curious about the RMA card being sent back.

Author
Bmsrt
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/21 05:45:11 (permalink)
Greetings!(and sorry for any bad English,im not native speaker of it)
Had to send back my EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ graphichs card,because its resulted black screen issues in games,when the card was runing in its
Factory-set OC settings(Downclocking the card or setting Debug mode was helped most cases but its still anoyed me enough)
Yesterday I saw the replacement card being selected,same model as mine,tought I get back the original card I sent in,but after getting an E-mail,its states its a different card.
Its got registered on the EVGA-site too.
OK no problem whit that,as long as it works,im fine whit it.

Now the thing Im realy courious about is this "New" card...or Is it even "New"?
The Original card I bought/sent in had a Serial number wich started whit 161253.....etc,wich means it was manufactured in 2016.(if I read the FAQ-s and Forums correctly)
Wich is ok I bought it in 2016/March.
Now the card I will get back got a Serial number wich is 171963.......etc,so If I read it correctly its manufactured in 2017?
Do EVGA(or any other company realy...) did manufacture 970-series in 2017 when the 10XX-cards hit the market in mid 2016,and couldnt see any of the 970-s for some time now,and some time there even shortage of the 10XX-series?(at least in my ****rys webshops that is)

So the question is,what is the chance that this  card is a real 2017 made GTX 970,or it will be resent/repaired&rechecked one?
Can I get any Info on that,pls?:)
(wont gona lie kinda fear from a second-hand one,Im not a trusty person...even whent to the post office after the second day I recived no Info from the VGA package and almost set up a warrant for it...EVGA's UPS seems far better so far,my one took 5 days to arrive and theirs will take 2 days if its correct,Im impressed!)

(if its a Company secret thats fine tooXD,just  interested,and dont have anything to do whitout the VGA,and cant wait to get it back,realy:)

ErinW
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 1149
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Just a bit curious about the RMA card being sent back. 2017/09/21 06:22:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Bmsrt 2017/09/21 07:32:46
Welcome to the forums! (dig the Flat Eric avatar) 

RMA replacement cards, even though they may be refurbished older models, are assigned new serial numbers before they're shipped. So, even if it has a 17XXX prefix, it may be a card from 2014 or 2015. 
Bmsrt
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Just a bit curious about the RMA card being sent back. 2017/09/21 07:31:41 (permalink)
Thanks for the info,realy appreciated:)
(hope the delivery guy will late tommorow,if it comes before 12:30 Im screwd,till Tuesday at leastXD)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile