Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
dratyan
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/31 23:01:36 (permalink)
Hello,

My EVGA RTX 2060 XC BLACK arrived this Friday I've been unable to properly enjoy it so far.
First of all, I've already left a "breadcrumb trail" behind me as I try to fix my issues, which can be found on this  and mainly on . There's a lot of useful stuff there, I'm just not posting it all again now because it seems like overly long posts can put people off from helping.

To sum things up as concisely as I can:
  • After installing the new GPU, it all seemed fine until I started to try some heavier games. After less than five minutes into said games, the PC shuts down, sometimes entirely and other times to a Blue Screen of Death(BSOD). This is usually proceeded by green/purple artifacts on the screen, as well as white lines.
  • As I tried to fix the issue, my PC started to also shut down on games that were lighter and initially worked perfectly, and once when I was just browsing the internet.
  • CPU/GPU temperatures and usage seem normal during the games before they crash.
  • Previous drivers have been uninstalled with DDU; latest, 436.15, currently installed.
  • I've reseated the GPU multiple times, everything seems fine physically.
  • So far I've only ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and everything was ok, but I intend to run more stress tools/benchmarks soon.
Here are some key error codes that can be helpful:
  • Code 43: Windows usually disables my GPU after a crash, and I have to restart the PC to re-enable it.
  • VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(nvlddmkm.sys): this is the error shown when I do get to a BSOD.
  • Event 41: Shows up 4 times on the Event Viewer as a critical Kernel-Power error.
And finally my specs. It's a 7-year-old build, except for the ~5 year old PSU:
  • CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3400Mhz
  • GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 XC BLACK 6GB
  • RAM: 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 @1333Mhz
  • PSU: Corsair CX600W
  • MB: ASUS P8H61-M LE/BR
  • 7200rpm HDD + 2x SSDs
It's been 36 long hours trying to fix this. I've recently had to RMA another GPU(Zotac, return still pending) so I'm not really looking forward to that again. Hopefully this is fixable. Thanks in advance.

30 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 02:22:43 (permalink)
    If you have another PC please try and see if your GPU works fine in that PC. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 03:45:35 (permalink)
    Run DDU and reinstall the GPU driver.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    hellshocker
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 180
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 07:30:21 (permalink)
    going by what you said sounds like your power supply is dieing that's how my Corsair 850 did just before it totally failed.

P55 Classified 200,  CPU: I7 875k @ 4.2 GHz's, EVGA GTX 980 ti hybrid + Obsidian 900D, EK Supreme HF block, black ice gtx xtreme 360,  corsair dominator platinum 8GB 1600MHz,  sound blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty, supernova 1000 p2.
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 08:16:58 (permalink)
    Thanks guys for the answers. It seems like my 5+ links were removed from the post, apparently I can't post those yet. Wish I had a way to share those other two threads.

rjohnson11
    If you have another PC please try and see if your GPU works fine in that PC. 

That's not really possible right now, but I will try to find one starting tomorrow. Just trying to get as much info and help as possible until then, in case I'm in for another RMA situation.

GTXJackBauer
    Run DDU and reinstall the GPU driver.

As said in the post, I've already done that - more than once even.

hellshocker
    going by what you said sounds like your power supply is dieing that's how my Corsair 850 did just before it totally failed.

That's one of my main theories right now, just wish I could be sure before spending on a new PSU since I'm on a budget right now.

dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 09:31:57 (permalink)
    Another BSOD with a new error code: VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR. Happened while I just watching a video. Also getting random freezing.

EDIT: Another new BSOD error, DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. Happened while running a 3DMark benchmark.
    post edited by dratyan - 2019/09/01 12:20:18
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 16:09:33 (permalink)
    Best advice I could give you would be to have the card tested at a local pc shop that way you'll know that the card isn't the cause. 5 year old psu needs replacement imo.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 17:40:39 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Best advice I could give you would be to have the card tested at a local pc shop that way you'll know that the card isn't the cause. 5 year old psu needs replacement imo.

+1  

Especially that line of PSUs since they are the lowest grade of PSUs sold.  I'd say 5 years tops on PSUs like that.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 18:56:13 (permalink)
    I see you listed Nvidia driver 436.15 as installed - Just wondering if it could still be a driver issue 

Nvidia - GPU may display Code 43 error in Device Manger on some Windows 10 May 2019 Update PCs with Intel Sandy Bridge class CPU
     (excerpt)

GPU may display Code 43 error in Device Manger on some Windows 10 May 2019 Update PCs with Intel Sandy Bridge class CPU

Users who upgrade to Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) may encounter a graphics card code 43 error in the Windows Device Manager if:
        PC has an
    Intel Sandy Bridge
        class CPUNVIDIA GPU with R400+ display driver installed

Note: NVIDIA has released Hotfix Driver Version 430.97 to address this issue. 
     ---------------------------------------------------- (end excerpt)--------------------------------------------------- 

Some Helpful Tools & How to Guides

Lifewire - How to Fix Code 43 Errors
    A troubleshooting guide for Code 43 errors in Device Manager

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How-To Geek How to Find Out Why Your Windows PC Crashed or Froze

WhoCrashed reveals the drivers responsible for crashing your computer

Microsoft - Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Lifewire - Use SFC /Scannow to Repair Windows System Files

Windows Central - How to fix black screen problems on Windows 10
         ---> When your Windows 10 device is displaying a black screen, use this guide to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 19:07:46 (permalink)
    ...and also you need to make sure you have the latest BIOS on that motherboard - especially when running the newest 20x series of cards .

The error codes seem to indicate the card causing issues, but that could be because that PSU just can't feed it enough though ( as others said )

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 20:37:08 (permalink)
    Judging by your error codes and your description it sounds more like you turned all your game settings up to ultra and then tried to play whatever games. You really cant do that and you need to setup your nvidia global/program settings in the nvcc,make sure GeForce experience isn't installed and above all make sure your cpu/ram timings and voltage are correct and stable and not just on auto. I think if you setup your system correctly you wont have many issues.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 21:16:15 (permalink)
    Sajin

GTXJackBauer
    +1  
    Especially that line of PSUs since they are the lowest grade of PSUs sold.  I'd say 5 years tops on PSUs like that.

Yeah I'll try to get it tested tomorrow if possible. Just knowing wether it's the card or not would be a huge relief either way. Am also looking at a possible PSU replacement, didn't know about the grades thing.

Cool GTX
    I see you listed Nvidia driver 436.15 as installed - Just wondering if it could still be a driver issue  

Well if the 430.97 hotfix really did fix I should be good, right? Still, may try a driver version earlier than that one. Thanks for the links.

aka_STEVE_b
    ...and also you need to make sure you have the latest BIOS on that motherboard - especially when running the newest 20x series of cards .

I did update the BIOS, but the latest version is from 2014. Wonder if that could be an issue.

wmmills
    Judging by your error codes and your description it sounds more like you turned all your game settings up to ultra and then tried to play whatever games. You really cant do that and you need to setup your nvidia global/program settings in the nvcc,make sure GeForce experience isn't installed and above all make sure your cpu/ram timings and voltage are correct and stable and not just on auto. I think if you setup your system correctly you wont have many issues.

Well I've been buying GPUs for like 15 years without any issues, should I be worrying with EVGA in particular? I assumed there were default, comfortable values for voltage, etc that wouldn't make my whole system unuseable. I mean, it's not only on "ultra games" that I'm having issues anyway, I get shutdowns while browsing the internet or playing games my onboard GPU could handle. Temperatures were ok, usage was ok, what else should I worry about on top of paying? If I do have to worry, where are the guides I should follow to setup my system correctly? There definitely aren't any on the GPU box, and the general consensus is to just properly seat it and install drivers, which I did.
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/01 21:33:44 (permalink)
    Also I've just now completed a complete reinstall of Windows, wiped every drive clean, supposed to be completely clean install, cause why the hell not at this point, 55 hours into this troubleshoot. I go to the device manager and the first thing I see: Code 43 on the GPU. And Windows apparently already installed the latest drivers somehow, before I could even boot? Is that how Windows 10 works nowadays?

EDIT: Ever since the Windows clean install, I've got a permanent Code 43 on the GPU. Can't even test it anymore.
    post edited by dratyan - 2019/09/02 09:16:21
    eBombzor
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/02 11:02:41 (permalink)
    You mentioned you have another card that's being RMA'd? Did you use that card in your current system? Have you tried using a different 8-pin connector from your PSU?

From microsoft: https://support.microsoft...problems-error-code-43
    it says code 43 is strictly an error the graphics driver has detected. If your other Zotac GPU died in the same conditions it really seems like the issue is with your PSU. If not then it's your GPU again unfortunately.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/02 12:11:15 (permalink)
    Full Power Flush ---> Shutdown, Pull the plug to all devices, hold start button 30 sec, plug in & BOOT

Remember to turn Windows 10 Fast Startup OFF, when upgrading drivers, firmware or hardware [ Your Clean Install would have the default = ON]

Windows Central - How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you'd want to)

How-to Geek The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

How to Geek - How to Stop Windows 10 From Automatically Updating Hardware ...

Microsoft - How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Microsoft - Resolved issues in Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows ...

Microsoft - Windows 10 ver 1903 & Known issues and notifications

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/02 12:56:11 (permalink)
    Once more, thanks for all the replies. I ended up sending the GPU to a PC shop today as recommended, and will update this further once I get an answer later this week. If they say the GPU is fine I'll probably just go all-out and replace everything else, or the PSU at the very least. If it's not fine I'll RMA it.

eBombzor
    You mentioned you have another card that's being RMA'd? Did you use that card in your current system? Have you tried using a different 8-pin connector from your PSU?

From microsoft:
    it says code 43 is strictly an error the graphics driver has detected. If your other Zotac GPU died in the same conditions it really seems like the issue is with your PSU. If not then it's your GPU again unfortunately.

My previous card, a Zotac GTX 1060 did suddenly die after 11 months of use. I took it to a PC shop and they told me it was dead. Luckily I managed to send it back to Zotac 3 months ago, but apparently they are having issues in my country and have been unable to return my GPU yet, hence why I ended up buying this 2060. I sure hope it wasn't my PC that somehow killed that 1060 and now the 2060, but I guess it's possible?

Cool GTX
    Full Power Flush ---> Shutdown, Pull the plug to all devices, hold start button 30 sec, plug in & BOOT

Remember to turn Windows 10 Fast Startup OFF, when upgrading drivers, firmware or hardware [ Your Clean Install would have the default = ON]

Fast Startup has been off already, which makes it even stranger that now the PC won't completely shutdown anymore. All I/O goes off but the fans and lights stay on. I'll just pick it apart completely and put it back together once I get an answer about the GPU.
    eBombzor
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/03 21:10:45 (permalink)
    dratyan
    My previous card, a Zotac GTX 1060 did suddenly die after 11 months of use. I took it to a PC shop and they told me it was dead. Luckily I managed to send it back to Zotac 3 months ago, but apparently they are having issues in my country and have been unable to return my GPU yet, hence why I ended up buying this 2060. I sure hope it wasn't my PC that somehow killed that 1060 and now the 2060, but I guess it's possible?

It's somewhat suspicious that you had two GPU failures in such a short window of time. Did you use the same power connector for both the 1060 and the 2060? Assuming your other parts are working without issues, it is possible that your 6/8-pin cable could be causing this. But then again you could've just gotten unlucky with your GPU failures so who knows.
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 10:37:00 (permalink)
    eBombzor
    It's somewhat suspicious that you had two GPU failures in such a short window of time. Did you use the same power connector for both the 1060 and the 2060? Assuming your other parts are working without issues, it is possible that your 6/8-pin cable could be causing this. But then again you could've just gotten unlucky with your GPU failures so who knows.

My PSU has two of those PCIe cables, I've tried both on this new GPU.

Got the 2060 back from the PC shop today, apparently everything is okay with it. The problem lies elsewhere. Since I've done a clean Windows install, I'm supposing it's also not a software thing. So, my question is, can all of these errors below...
      VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(nvlddmkm.sys)
      VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR
      DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION
      Code 43 (on the GPU)
    ...be connected to one or more of these...?
    • Motherboard
    • PSU
    • RAM
    • CPU
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 10:46:11 (permalink)
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR could simply be a problem with the graphics driver you're running. Give drivers 430.64 & 417.22 a try to see if you get problems with them too.

Code 43 can mean a lot of things...

#1 Fauly card.
    #2 Fauly pci-e slot.
    #3 Registry corruption. 
    #4 Card not receiving enough power.
    #5 Corrupt vbios.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 10:52:36 (permalink)
    I mean, it is an old system and a newer GPU with higher demands could push a few of the old guys around if you will.

Test each RAM stick, etc.  Start basic or just upgrade your system if your budget allows.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    eBombzor
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 11:55:54 (permalink)
    I agree with the suggestions above. Check the PCIe slot for any kind of damage or nicks, use one RAM stick at a time, buy another PSU and if the same thing happens just return it. Also check if the 8-pin connector on the motherboard is secure. I highly doubt the CPU or the RAM would cause these issues but I you never know.

IMO the PSU is most likely causing these issues. If you can't buy one maybe you can bring your entire PC into the shop and borrow one of the PSUs there.
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 12:17:18 (permalink)
    Contact board manufacturer tech support for a new BiOS 
    new hardware on too old of a system is still my guess , as from earlier.

...and you can read some of this too - https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/dpc-watchdog-violation-on-windows-10-fixed/

or this one -  https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/video-scheduler-internal-error-on-windows-10-solved/

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 19:26:23 (permalink)
    Sajin
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR could simply be a problem with the graphics driver you're running. Give drivers 430.64 & 417.22 a try to see if you get problems with them too.

#1 Fauly card.
    #2 Fauly pci-e slot.
    #3 Registry corruption. 
    #5 Corrupt vbios.

I'll try different driver versions, thanks.
    Wouldn't points #1 and #5 be unlikely since the GPU worked with another setup? As well as #3 since I've done a clean install, registry should be clear. #2 and #4 would mean buying a new mobo/PSU.

GTXJackBauer
    I mean, it is an old system and a newer GPU with higher demands could push a few of the old guys around if you will.

Test each RAM stick, etc.  Start basic or just upgrade your system if your budget allows.

Seriously thinking about a new PSU at the very least, only scared that it's actually not the issue and I'd need to replace mobo+CPU+RAM instead.

eBombzor
    I agree with the suggestions above. Check the PCIe slot for any kind of damage or nicks, use one RAM stick at a time, buy another PSU and if the same thing happens just return it. Also check if the 8-pin connector on the motherboard is secure. I highly doubt the CPU or the RAM would cause these issues but I you never know.

IMO the PSU is most likely causing these issues. If you can't buy one maybe you can bring your entire PC into the shop and borrow one of the PSUs there.

At this point I'm pretty close to just taking the case over there. Will cost me money and take a few days, but at least I'd have an answer.

aka_STEVE_b
    Contact board manufacturer tech support for a new BiOS 
    new hardware on too old of a system is still my guess , as from earlier.

...and you can read some of this too - 

or this one -  

Would that really help? I mean if latest BIOS version is from 2014, this mobo isn't sold anymore and it's been long since I've bought it, why would ASUS even bother? And if they do bother, it would probably take ages...

It's a shame cause the system seemed to be doing just fine despite the relative old age, but if somehow it can't handle the 2060 I guess I'll have to take a loan or something and replace it lol. I've already looked at a Ryzen 5 3600, seems like a reasonable upgrade, along with some new DDR4 sticks, a 650W PSU and an adequate motherboard. Hopefully it's won't be necessary though.

Thanks for the links, unfortunately I've done all that already. 

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/05 19:44:09 (permalink)
    dratyan
    Sajin

#1 Fauly card.
    #2 Fauly pci-e slot.
    #3 Registry corruption. 
    #5 Corrupt vbios.

I'll try different driver versions, thanks.
    Wouldn't points #1 and #5 be unlikely since the GPU worked with another setup? As well as #3 since I've done a clean install, registry should be clear. #2 and #4 would mean buying a new mobo/PSU.

Yes. Yep. Correct.
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/10 09:31:58 (permalink)
    The saga continues...

I was about to purchase a new PSU, but decided to give the system as it is one last try. Took it apart, put it back together, reinstalled Windows. For a full 24 hours it worked perfectly. Played Dota 2, Apex Legends, South Park with the expected performance. As I was about to go sleep, PC had been completely idle for an hour or so(screen on but I wasn't using it), a BSOD shows up, with a new error code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nvlddmkm.sys). After rebooting, Code 43 is back.

I guess I'll still buy the PSU, but this is just so weird. Why would it work fine for a day and then give me yet another driver error? It also makes me worried that the GPU testing they've done at the PC shop might not have totally excluded the possibility of the GPU being faulty. It only stayed there for a couple of days and they would only have tested it in commercial hours, so not a lot. If the GPU can work for 24+ hours without errors, they might've missed it and I would be buying new parts for no reason instead of RMA'ing a broken card.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/10 10:05:22 (permalink)
    That blue screen could mean your cpu imc is unstable, or you ram is unstable. I would recommend running memtest86 for a few passes to check your ram. I would also set the imc voltage on your cpu to 1.1v along with setting your dimm voltages to 1.55v or 1.70v depending on what the default voltage is for your ram.
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/11 21:11:40 (permalink)
    So... I was already stressed out with the whole thing (that was supposed to be a hobby, to relieve actual stress from work) when I found myself near a PC store yesterday. I ended up buying new parts in hopes of finally ending this drama.

Ryzen 5 3600
    8GB RAM DDR4 (x2)
    A320M-K/BR mobo
    CX650 PSU

After one more clean Windows installation, the PC worked perfectly! For about 30 hours. Then, the same old graphical glitches showed up, it shutdown, and now I have a Code 43. Exact same thing.

So in the end, there was nothing wrong with my PC. All along it was the GPU that came broken. Now, hundreds of dollars later, I'll be RMAing it. I just hope EVGA is a bit better than Zotac so I don't spend another three months without a card.

If anyone finds this thread while looking for solutions, my advice is: RMA your card as soon as any video related issue shows up. I didn't and ended up spending dozens of hours troubleshooting for 2 weeks as well as basically buying an entire new setup just to end up RMAing the GPU anyway.
    post edited by Sajin - 2019/09/11 21:49:14
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/11 21:49:26 (permalink)
    Dang. Sorry to hear that.
    dratyan
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/11 22:00:11 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Dang. Sorry to hear that.

Worst part is that I live in South America, so I'll have to send the card to the US and pay for the shipping. And since the Ryzen doesn't have an integrated graphics card, I might as well put the old PC parts back because this process will inevitably take a while.

Anyway, thanks Sajin and everyone that tried to help.

EDIT: I'll try the online store where I purchased the board from, maybe I don't have to send it to EVGA. I hope so.
    post edited by dratyan - 2019/09/11 22:24:42
    eBombzor
    Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2019/09/12 17:06:01 (permalink)
    Ah man so it was the GPU this whole time :(

That sucks to hear man. Hopefully the vendor will replace that card.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile