EVGA

AnsweredIssues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services.

Author
giannis22
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/02/17 01:58:36 (permalink)
So.

I originally purchased the card (during the mining craze). 9/3/2018 from Amazon. I paid 1000 euro for the card, from amazon directly, and not a 3rd party seller that uses amazon.
Card for the last 3-4 months was acting a bit strange, but was working, so i couldn't blame the card entirely on what happened. Card was never overclocked outside the parameters that XC1 allows. Usually just slide the power limit and temp target to max, and turn the fans to 100%. never even reached 75 degrees. 
Firstly, games, and mostly Dead by daylight started to crash, randomly. Sometimes in the lobby, sometimes during a game, sometimes after 2 games. So i couldnt say pinpoint the problem to the GPU. Dead by daylight isnt a very polished game, and with every patch the introduced problems instead of fixes so i really didnt know it was the card. Anyway, after reading on forums that many people had the same issue, i tried underclocking the card, and giving it just a bit more voltage to get it working. And indeed it was working like a charm. No issues, for months. Keep in mind i tried changine the drivers etc. 
Early 2021, the card suddenly, as i was playing a different game, suddenly black screens, fans go to 100% (and i mean all the fans of the PC and i was in a boot loop getting Error codes pointing to the GPU.) Tried using it in a different computer. with nearly identical hardware, nothing. Tried using is as a secondary GPU, windows could identify the card, but as soon as the nvidia driver tried to install it would crash. Didnt even want to get involved with custom bios (which worked for some people) and decided to RMA the product. (Up until that point i thought that RMA services from EVGA were, to say the least, legendary, without ever needing to use them). And thats where the issues began.

Started up a ticket, took days to get a reply, i wouldnt get an answer to the same ticket. I wanted the card to be replaced with the same model as i was sending back, and not get a 2060 as an ''upgrade''. And yes, i was told that on the phone. they consider a 2060-2070 to be a proper replacement for a 1080ti. Anyway, i asked for the card to be replaced with the same model i was sending back, which, they told me it was possible. I wanted a card with 11GB of VRAM, as i find myself needing that and not the extra FPS that i would get. Anyway the whole RTX experience on the 20 series cards isnt worth it imao, and i never felt the need to ''upgrade'' to the 20 series. 30 series is nowhere to be found so that wasnt an option either. 

So, RMA was approved and i could send the card back to them. They specifically told me to use any shipping option i could, they wouldnt mind, as long as it had a tracking number, and the package was insured. So i did. i didnt choose the cheapest option, which was the post office in Cyprus, and i chose DHL Express, despite the fact that i paid 100 euro just to get the card back to them.

I was told twice on the phone that the method they would use to send the card back to me was either DHL or UPS. When u put DHL and UPS in the same sentence, the person hearing this assumes DHL express.
Card arrives back to them, no email notification, nothing. i have to login back to their page, to see any updates on my case. No problem there. A bit inconvenient, but still, nothing to complain about.
RMA process continues and they update the info saying that the card is being shipped back to me with no tracking number appearing on the form. So i decided to call them. By the sound of the voice, i think i was talking to the exact same person i spoke before sending the card. He very quickly found out my ticket, and told me to the tracking number for the card.
As soon as i head the first digits, i started laughing. They are using DHL (standard post office) to get the card back to me. They said, and i quote '' we have never had complaints about using the post office before especially in Cyprus''. If anyone from Cyprus is reading this i'm sure they will be laughing right now. 
'' This is a standard procedure they told me''. And i ask, why wasnt a UPS option available on my end? its ok for the customer to pay for the premium service to make sure the card arrives back in one piece, and especailly in case something goes back, have a proper company to deal with, and not a mostly broken government system?
I tried talking with their supervisor, and his/her response was '' we have given the information we had to give, for anything else please contact us by email''. 

No problems returning products back to customers. What about the delay? what if i wasnt a tech hoarder and have like 10 other graphics cards to use in the meantime? 
From my experience, EVGA RMA service is a joke. The people answering the phones, customer service is great. Their whole system is based on ''how can we get the job ''done'' cheap'' and who cares what that causes the customer. 

EVGA, you should SERIOUSLY take a note out of Corsair customer service and RMA procedures. They even pay import charges when they send stuff to Europe from Taiwan, and they dont cheap out on the delivery charges. 
I think trustpilot and the forums in Reddit agree with me on this one. 

Funny thing is, the replacement card carries the original warranty. So by the time the card gets back to me, i will have no warranty lol. 
Paid 1000 euro for the original card, and another 100 to send it back to EVGA. i'm actually thinking i would be better off finding a used one for 300-400 euro locally, which would still carry warranty. 

I'd love if any supervisor give any input on this, but the bottom line is the same. I'm not returning back as a customer. In my eyes, this is ridiculous, inappropriate and unacceptable. 

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/02/17 02:21:09 (permalink)
Forwarded to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_MarkusK
EVGA EU Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 315
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/02/17 04:03:17 (permalink)
Hi Giannis22,

so basically about your RMA, we received your product on the 2/15/2021, send out the RMA replacement product one day later, which was yesterday 02/16/2021, so turnaround less then a day - every changing regarding your RMA, receiving, shipments will be available through your profile. Basically we are shipping a lot to your country, we never had any issues.

Have a good day.

Markus
giannis22
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/02/17 06:51:48 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Hi Giannis22,

so basically about your RMA, we received your product on the 2/15/2021, send out the RMA replacement product one day later, which was yesterday 02/16/2021, so turnaround less then a day - every changing regarding your RMA, receiving, shipments will be available through your profile. Basically we are shipping a lot to your country, we never had any issues.

Have a good day.

Markus

Hello Markus!

First of all i'd like to thank you for taking the time to read what i had to say.
By sending a card out, the RMA might be done on your end but it isnt on mine. 
My ''nightmare'' begins there. Post office in Cyprus, is notorious for losing and breaking stuff. I am really stunned that EVGA keeps telling me that you have never had issues, when honestly i rarely had anything go right with them. 
Why was UPS not even concidered as an option for my replacement? The fact that the card will take 10-15 business days to arrive to me, is a problem. UPS would have the card back by friday. 
I have never complained about the time it took you to process my RMA. I have only complained about the fact that in EVGA's eyes DHL (non express) and UPS are in the same category when clearly they arent. this was not clear on the phone. Everyone else in Europe gets a UPS delivery for their products back, when i'm not. 
You clearly state in your page regarding returns, that you dont force anyone but highly recommend a service with a tracking number and specifically for the US, FedEx or UPS, none of them are private, serious companies. With UPS and Fed Ex and DHL Express, u have rights. you can get a refund, in case something goes bad. This isnt the case with the regular post office. Noone cares. I have numerous pictures of parcels arriving not just badly damaged literally destroyed and there was nothing i could do about it. Those parcels werent from EVGA but it is completely irrelevant in this case. 

Time is a problem. Also the fact that by the time i receive the card it will effectively be out of warranty. 

Once again, thank you for your response. 
Giannis
giannis22
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/03/10 02:32:48 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Hi Giannis22,

Have a good day.

Markus

Hey Markus!

Just wanted to let u know that i still havent received my package. I tried calling the post office for the last few days and noone picked up. Just today, out of pure luck i guess, i managed to talk to someone over the phone, who clearly mentioned they dont even know where the package is. It might be in 5 different locations in Cyprus, after it leaves the processing point. FYI you can drive across Cyprus in like an hour and a half. I am not allowed to go and receive my package even if we knew where it was. They dont know when the package will arrive at my ''nearest'' location so it can be delivered. Also, i found out that the shipping costs with EMS shipping (this is what DHL handles in germany) costs about 35 euro. So this inconvenience and the delay (the package as you said correctly was sent out within a day from  EVGA, and again, no complains there). 100 Euro for DHL express - 35 for the cheap option, equals 65 euro. This delay is the equivalent of 65 euros. i didnt even have the option to pay for the shipping back. 

Can you please let me know if the product that i will receive is covered by warranty? my warranty expired 2 days ago (time wise, i knew this would happen). 
What happens if the package is damaged in any way? i dont want to risk accepting a damaged graphics card (not to EVGAs fault) when i'm not covered by warranty. 

Thank you for your time, looking forward to your response
giannis22
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/03/11 06:29:07 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Hi Giannis22,

Have a good day.

Markus

Hello again!

It saddens me that i do not receive answers to what am asking, but it makes me ever more upset when the things i have said might happen. 

Graphics card showed up today at the post office. Or should i say, the ''box'' of the card. No card inside. 
Can you please tell me again how you havent had any issues with the post office in the past? I have sent pictures to EVGA following the same procedure again. Also, the person answering the phone keeps telling me that you use UPS or DHL for European destinations and in no case this is the post office. I was laughing for a good 3 minutes when i heard that. Cyprus IS in Europe. In the European Union aswell. 
Can anyone please let me know whats going to happen with this? I know you need to launch an investigation on the subject, but can anyone understand that the post office, nor DHL, nor EVGA are the ones suffering from all this. The only person that does, is me. 

Once again, i would love your input on this subject.

Giannis

giannis22
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/03/18 09:46:44 (permalink)
still 0 response from evga regarding the subject, 3 emails sent 500 phone calls. is anyone reading this?
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/03/18 10:21:22 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby giannis22 2021/03/18 10:30:06
giannis22
still 0 response from evga regarding the subject, 3 emails sent 500 phone calls. is anyone reading this?

email is about the Only direct contact to anyone working your RMA ...

your posts in the Forum are not guaranteed to be seen by a EVGA employee in a timely fassion

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

giannis22
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/03/18 10:31:07 (permalink)
Cool GTX
giannis22

your posts in the Forum are not guaranteed to be seen by a EVGA employee in a timely fassion

so what do i do? i was on the phone for 3 hours the other day noone picks up. doesnt matter which option i choose over the phone. and when finally i found an extension and someone picked up, they told me to write an email. i did?! nothing after that
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Issues with 1080ti SC2 and RMA services. 2021/03/18 10:42:53 (permalink)
giannis22
Cool GTX
giannis22

so what do i do? i was on the phone for 3 hours the other day noone picks up. doesnt matter which option i choose over the phone. and when finally i found an extension and someone picked up, they told me to write an email. i did?! nothing after that

Send a PM to  EVGATech_MarkusK

You will need to reach: 10 posts to send a private message ---> I would make it 20 to be sure

Spend a few moments in [General Forum] & make some Relevant posts to get your post count up a little

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums - see this - Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

As the shipper EVGA would probably have to start any investigation, required

CoVid is making it harder on Everyone

I Have sent - a PM to MarkusK  & ask him to review your replies - about the lost GPU & warranty questions

Of course they are closed this time of day - so - tomorrow would be the Soonest you might get a reply

Hope this helps

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile