EVGA

Issue with buying EVGA waranty from Europe

Author
antebri
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/25 02:57:01 (permalink)
Okay so. Late march I managed to buy my 3070 in Europe through the paypal Visa debit card buy. I was pretty lucky for that.

Now I want to get myself the extended warranty. Using the same method I was buying the card I went onto to get the warranty. However, there is no option for me to:
  • Pay EVGA my € since they do not accept debit (VISA) cards (anymore, less than 3 months later) in Europe
  • I can't add funds to my paypal account since for some reason they also disabled funds from VISA/Debit cards
  • I tried contacting the customer support regarding a SEPA transfer, or an IBAN on which I could send the money, however this is pretty unsuccsesfull
Does this mean, that we in Europe cannot buy a product from EVGA anymore since we all got VISA/Debit/credit cards ? 
Is there any alternative for me to send some € to EVGA so I get my desired product or warranty ? I did open a step-up. Now, if this method of paypal with debit cards will not work I will not have an option to send the money to EVGA so my step-up will be canceled. Is this kinda fair ?

2 Replies Related Threads

DONpipi
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Issue with buying EVGA waranty from Europe 2021/07/28 11:23:43 (permalink)
    Same here....
    antebri
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Issue with buying EVGA waranty from Europe 2021/07/28 12:11:07 (permalink)
    DONpipi
    Same here....

I have found a workaround.

UPDATE : 

Managed to buy another GPU (3080 -KR queue finally). With my debit card so that worked. Seems the issue only occurs on the warranty.

The warranty can be also bought with a small workaround:
    • Make another paypal account.
    • Transfer funds onto it from your card
    • From that paypal account send money to your primary so you get some balance onto it.
    • Buy the extended warranty with the balance on the primary account.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile