EVGA

Is your PC ready for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy? - This game needs a whopping 150GB

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102278
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/10/18 02:01:12 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/is_your_pc_ready_for_marvel_s_guardians_of_the_galaxy_-_this_game_needs_a_whopping_150gb_of_storage/1

The PC system requirements of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has been revealed, and I hope that your storage setup is ready for it. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is due to release for PC on October 26th, and the game has extremely high storage requirements. 

On PC, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has a storage requirement of 150GB, making it one of the largest PC games of 2021. This will put the free SSD/HDD space of many PC gamers under strain, likely prompting a wave of storage upgrades for Guardians fans. 

Thankfully, the other PC system requirements of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy are relatively low, but that won't stop the game from being demanding on high-end PC setups. With support for ray tracing, HDR, and 8K resolution support, there is a lot for high-end PC gamers to love. Beyond that, Marvel's Guardians of the Galexy supports Nvidia's DLSS technology, which can be used to boost the game's performance on Nvidia RTX hardware. 

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will be a DirectX 12 title on PC and sports modest CPU hardware requirements. Assuming that you have a strong Ryzen or Haswell quad-core or better, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy should run well on your PC when combined with an appropriate graphics card. 

GPU-wise, Nvidia's GTX 1060 and AMD's RX 570 are listed as Guardians of the Galaxy's minimum graphics cards, and Nvidia's GTX 1660 Super and AMD's RX 590 are listed as the game's recommended GPUs. 8GB/16GB of DRAM are the game's minimum/recommended memory requirements, and 150GB of storage is required to install the game on PC. 

Below are the full PC system requirements of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. 

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 / Intel® Core™ i5-4460
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon™ RX 570
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 150 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 / Intel® Core™ i7-4790
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super / AMD Radeon™ RX 590
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 150 GB available space

In my opinion most all PC gaming setups should be able to run this game. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile