EVGA

Is this from the GPU?

Author
kladd85
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/21 19:36:18 (permalink)
Is this what I think this is? I'm hoping not, this is the 3rd RMA I received. Granted, it only just started since receiving this card, but I'm just looking for hope that it is not. Outside the fan noise the card has been fine. Tonight is the first few hours of overwatch I've put on it. Game crashes straight to desktop 3 times. Then hard locks, I restart this happens, locks again. Restart again, can't get any display. After about 10 minutes of just pondering, and taking doors off. Start up, boots into safe mode, restart into normal.

https://imgur.com/2gFBbto

Ok no'w I cant even get through 3dMark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0UaI2jyVA

Having a hard time even getting windows to keep from freezing long enough to edit this post. I'm done, ab
post edited by kladd85 - 2019/01/21 20:01:12

5 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Is this from the GPU? 2019/01/21 20:42:50 (permalink)
    Time for another rma. I'd recommend testing the replacement card in another pc before putting it into your system since you've had so many bad cards. 
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Is this from the GPU? 2019/01/21 21:36:11 (permalink)
    I see that you're already working with us to verify the card, please contact us with the results of the testing. 

Everything is security. 
    kladd85
    Re: Is this from the GPU? 2019/01/21 21:39:24 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JeffP
    I see that you're already working with us to verify the card, please contact us with the results of the testing. 

Ok, so heres where we are at now. 

Playing overwatch for about 2 hours. Mid match game crashes straight to desktop 1 time, play another 10 minutes, again, another 5 minutes, again, another 2 minutes, again. PC starts freezing. I start getting these green X O all across the screen which I'll show below. PC then hard locks up. I have to restart, locks up again, restart again no display, restart again comes back but I have green micro dots all over the windows logo. I try to get through 3D Mark, and I can't I get severe display corrouption, and it won't even finish. I finally found a way to make it somewhat stable I have to add voltage. if I leave it at stock, that's when it gets bad. If I add 50% of the slider, it seems to be ok. At least for basic web browsing use. If I don't my screen will occasionally either lock up solid, or flash pink,go black, then cycle.

I put the card into the wifes/server PC, and I can't even get 3dMark to finish a test. I've disables all overclocks on both PCs, set everything to default (Ram, CPU, everything). My 970 works fine, and my 7870 works fine in both PCs. 

Is what I just sent over.

I did find I can keep it "stable" if I increase voltage via precision to 50%+

For those not in the conversation. EVGA is saying it's the PSU 12v rail. Well it's EVGA too, so. At least that's what he was certainly pointing at on the phone. Yet my 980 Ti ran fine, a 970 ran fine, and a 7870 ran fine. 
    post edited by kladd85 - 2019/01/21 21:41:55
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Is this from the GPU? 2019/01/21 21:51:41 (permalink)
    Thanks for the update, I looked into things a bit more and it looks like a manager will have to work with you directly as the system will limit what anyone else can try to do. Unfortunately it won't be for a little less than 12 more hours for a manager to be in the building. 

Everything is security. 
    kladd85
    Re: Is this from the GPU? 2019/01/21 21:54:04 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JeffP
    Thanks for the update, I looked into things a bit more and it looks like a manager will have to work with you directly as the system will limit what anyone else can try to do. Unfortunately it won't be for a little less than 12 more hours for a manager to be in the building. 

Jeff I appreciate you at least taking a look and responding, and touching base with me. That goes further than you know.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile