EVGA

Is there a way to adjust SGX memory allocation/PRMRR size in the Z490 BIOS?

Author
englehmj
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 168
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/16 21:20:59 (permalink)
Desperately trying to get 4k UHD playback up and running on my EVGA Z490 Kingpin via PowerDVD 20 but I am running into an error when I try to run a UHD disc that tells me to enable the SGX in the bios (which I have) and set the memory allocation for SGX/PRMRR size to 128MB+.  I have searched high and low but I am unable to find a memory setting for the SGX in the bios, only the able to enable/disable/software control SGX.

I have ticked all of the other boxes for UHD compatibility: plugged into integrated graphics, latest iGPU driver, compatible monitor, compatible mini DP to DP cable, Intel SGX software installed, Intel management engine installed, UHD capable Blu-Ray playback software.  As I have installed or changed these components the error messages from PowerDVD20 have changed, which likely means I am on the correct track.  I just cannot get past this latest message from PowerDVD 20.

I have seen posts from previous motherboards/bios that show an SGX memory adjustment feature/PRMRR size (Z370 I believe), so hopefully it is possible here too!  Why in the world is it so hard to get 4K UHD Blu-ray playback on a computer?!?!?  Can anyone out there offer some suggestions?

Lian Li PC011D XL | EK-Quantum Reflection D5 D-RGB Front Distribution Plate | EK CoolStream 360 PE and XE Radiators |  EVGA Supernova T2 100W PSU | Custom Cable Mod Cables and Lian Li Strimer Plus | Acer Predator X27 4K 144Hz HDR LCD | EVGA Z490 Dark KINGPIN | Intel i9 10900K | EK Quantum Velocity Nickel+Plexi CPU Block | Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB | EVGA RTX2080 Super FTW3 | EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB Nickel+Plexi GPU Block | 2x1GB Samsung NVMe Drives | EK-Nickel Black Torque Fittings and 16mm Hard Tubing | 10xEK-Vardar EVO 120mm D-RGB Fans
Heatware

1 Reply Related Threads

DerpFails
    • Total Posts : 36
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Is there a way to adjust SGX memory allocation/PRMRR size in the Z490 BIOS? 2020/11/03 11:22:48 (permalink)
    Come to the page on the winraid forums
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile