EVGA

Is the Z20 User Manual (not the Quick Guide) available yet?

Author
tmaeller
  • Total Posts : 72
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2021/02/19 11:15:04 (permalink)
I received the new Z20 (linear) keyboard on 2/17, and so far it seems to be an excellent KB. It's definitely loud compared to the Logitech G11 I'm still using on another PC, but I'll get used to that.

Has the manual actually been published anywhere, yet? Many of the features in the Unleash software remain a too mysterious to implement without spending a long while delving and testing.

I am not referring to the Quick Guide, which came with the keyboard (and wow did that reek like stale aftershave!), and which gives only minimal info.

Thanks!

5 Replies Related Threads

z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Is the Z20 User Manual (not the Quick Guide) available yet? 2021/02/20 22:26:36 (permalink)
    best I can tell, there isn't a full sized guide, if there was, it'd be found here https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/
    And only the quick start guide is listed there right now, though there are full user guides to other products listed on that page, making me think if it's anywhere, it would be there.
    tmaeller
    Re: Is the Z20 User Manual (not the Quick Guide) available yet? 2021/02/20 23:51:18 (permalink)
    z999z3mystorys
    best I can tell, there isn't a full sized guide, if there was, it'd be found here
    And only the quick start guide is listed there right now, though there are full user guides to other products listed on that page, making me think if it's anywhere, it would be there.

Thanks very much for answering. I appreciate your taking the time.

Unfortunately the Quick Guide that comes with the keyboard is extreme bare minimum info, most of which I discovered just by looking at the keyboard. There's nothing in it that explains anything at all about the software.

And honestly, that's not looking very pretty at this point. The software has already crashed hard out of the blue, and I was actually forced to reinstall over it (because rebooting did nothing, and I could not even uninstall it). Also, custom lighting effects applied to a profile (and selected/activated) prevent me from using the keyboard's FN key to switch profiles or do anything else, and also does not actually do anything if the software isn't running or if the PC is locked. I'd report these things as bugs, but I'm not convinced EGVA will actually care enough for me to go through the effort.
    z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Is the Z20 User Manual (not the Quick Guide) available yet? 2021/02/21 18:00:43 (permalink)
    I don't know what the status of the software is atm, I can only assume it's being worked on, but I don't know how much resources they have committed to working on it.
    tmaeller
    Re: Is the Z20 User Manual (not the Quick Guide) available yet? 2021/02/21 18:37:05 (permalink)
    z999z3mystorys
    I don't know what the status of the software is atm, I can only assume it's being worked on, but I don't know how much resources they have committed to working on it.

I'm definitely familiar with companies pushing product to market before the documentation (or software) is ready. It's unfortunate, is often really frustrating for customers, and definitely forms a negative impression. But c'est la vie.
    EVGATech_ErnieB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 41
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Is the Z20 User Manual (not the Quick Guide) available yet? 2021/02/22 14:22:42 (permalink)
    tmaeller
    z999z3mystorys

I'm definitely familiar with companies pushing product to market before the documentation (or software) is ready. It's unfortunate, is often really frustrating for customers, and definitely forms a negative impression. But c'est la vie.

Thank you for your input. We will let our software team know of the issues you have encountered with the software.  
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile