EVGA

Is it possible to damage GTX 980ti during heavy gaming if evga precision isn't running?

Author
ylin0811
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/07 15:14:41 (permalink)
I am wondering if it is possible to damage GTX 980 (blower style) during heavy gaming if evga precision isn't running?
Nvidia cards have thermal controls built in to throttle frequencies once certain temperatures are reached, but am not sure if the default fan speed is sufficient to dissipate the heat under throttling during heavy usage without using evga precision.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Is it possible to damage GTX 980ti during heavy gaming if evga precision isn't running 2017/08/07 15:17:53 (permalink)
    No.
    daimos84
    • Total Posts : 93
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Is it possible to damage GTX 980ti during heavy gaming if evga precision isn't running 2017/08/08 03:39:07 (permalink)
    ylin0811
    I am wondering if it is possible to damage GTX 980 (blower style) during heavy gaming if evga precision isn't running?
    Nvidia cards have thermal controls built in to throttle frequencies once certain temperatures are reached, but am not sure if the default fan speed is sufficient to dissipate the heat under throttling during heavy usage without using evga precision.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Precision is not a driver, it is only the utility, that allows you to control driver, so it is not necessary to install it, if u don't use its features. Also there are many alternatives.
    Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Is it possible to damage GTX 980ti during heavy gaming if evga precision isn't running 2017/08/08 15:10:37 (permalink)
    RIGHT,    'bout only time I use it is if I want a score  or ned to frame cap a old game  for it to work right  [mafia 1  for instance too many FPS, and cant complete a mission cap it to 60fps and its all good]
    to be honest I don't see where my 980ti is hurting at box stock . 

to me if you run it with a big overclock all the time I feel it my help degradation of a card in the end [???]    you know it just a opinion  card may last years with a good OC as well as a box stock card just going a year or 2  .   with the GPU  a well cooled card seems to a bit better then a card running hot  due to a overclock   [more opinion]

anyway like said above its just a add on utility that can be used as you need it and off when you don't 

enjoy
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile