EVGA

Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada?

Author
warrior6
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/14 02:14:51 (permalink)
I ask this because at my local Canada Computers I am 4th in queue for the card and the line has not moved. Every time I call or email CC they state they are waiting for shipment from the manufacturer and have no ETA. I get if this was the TUF entry model which has 100s of people in queue but I am number 4 and Canada Computers can't get a handful of xc3 ultras a week? 

I'd just like it clarified to see if there is some kind of delay with shipping to Canada or something. 

14 Replies Related Threads

Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 02:19:08 (permalink)
    Alright so I might be ranted and exagerating a bit but having seen so many feedback, it seems anyone outside the US isn't a priority to some brands. EU might have seen maybe 10 cards from EVGA.... It's becoming annoyingly frustrating. So will be I becoming as long as we won't be valued. 
    warrior6
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 02:29:01 (permalink)
    Huntercyril
    Alright so I might be ranted and exagerating a bit but having seen so many feedback, it seems anyone outside the US isn't a priority to some brands. EU might have seen maybe 10 cards from EVGA.... It's becoming annoyingly frustrating. So will be I becoming as long as we won't be valued. 

ya its terrible. Honestly, We are literally like a few hours drive from USA so its not even like they are being shipped overseas. 
    Poobah1972
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 03:08:50 (permalink)
    I don't really think it's USA vs the world as Computers Canada did have units, I saw them in stock quite a while back (was on the phone with multiple locations).  Unfortunately the numbers were very small and I wasn't about to drive for 5 hours to get one... Cause by the time I got there, they would of been sold anyway.  Bestbuy also had units on release day.  Newegg.ca also had some.

The real problem is simply there are so few of them to be had, USA or Canada.  Regardless Canada has a whole lot more then the EU at this point.  

And if in your in Queue with EVGA, your position in Queue is all that matters... Not where you live in North America.

I'm eager waiting for the 3090 XC3 ultra..... I wish I knew if this was the week or not. *please*
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 985
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 06:36:20 (permalink)
    Huntercyril

relax, EVGA is a US-based company. it's just how it is.

do you see people in the US complaining that it's harder to get Colorful/Inno3D/Galax? no. some markets just have different access to products depending where the product company has its HQ. pretty normal.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
    Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
    Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
    Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
    Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
    Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

paulmcpazzi
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 07:45:52 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi

Aren't the cards assembled/manufactured in China/Taiwan and then shipped over to the US? A few people in the forum mentioned that their cards were shipped to EU directly from Taiwan

Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 08:06:55 (permalink)
    paulmcpazzi
    gsrcrxsi

Aren't the cards assembled/manufactured in China/Taiwan and then shipped over to the US? A few people in the forum mentioned that their cards were shipped to EU directly from Taiwan

That's exactly my point, thank you ! It has to travel to be shipped anyway regardless of where it goes even if it's the US, which means it's a conscious decision to ship many of their stock there.

I love Jacob i think he does an awesome job but for some questions I wish he would be way more straightforward and tell EU if we're going to wait until mid November for example. It's the lack of precise information that's annoying because it feels like we're not told the " truth ".
    doom26464
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 08:50:29 (permalink)
    Memory express also has not received any evga cards yet either. Im a day one pre order for a ftw3 so hopefully they send some cards up north soon :)
    dawnkiller
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 11:18:01 (permalink)
    lack of communication with customers outside USA is hilarious 
    gsrcrxsi
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 985
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 11:19:20 (permalink)
    paulmcpazzi
    gsrcrxsi

part of my point was that since they are US based, it's only natural to have a larger percentage of the cards picked for US distribution than other countries.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
    Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
    Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
    Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
    Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
    Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

dawnkiller
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 11:22:31 (permalink)
    gsrcrxsi
    paulmcpazzi
    gsrcrxsi

part of my point was that since they are US based, it's only natural to have a larger percentage of the cards picked for US distribution than other countries.

u say percentage. but percentage of what?? there has zero EVGA units been sold in Canada.
    I've confirmed with one of the biggest Canadacomputer stores in the country that they have gotten Zero unit at that retail location.
    like i said, it is not the stock level, it's the lack of communication/clarification from EVGA 
    Poobah1972
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 11:38:27 (permalink)
    Between all the retail outfits across North America, were probably talking about 10's of thousands of cards that need to be distributed from EVGA and other Manufacturers to Distributors...  This isn't going to happen until the first cargo container ships arrive. I'm fairly certain the limited release seen thus far, can be counted in the dozens and more then likely they were air freighted in.  I think it's fair to say, backorders are going to remain back orders till that ship actually arrives.

Personally I don't think it will be much different with AMD's Big Navi (as it's been for every other major release of hardware since march).  Supply chains and distribution is just royally messed up since covid. (namely limited ship space and manufacturer's aren't given there usual space they need as other more urgent cargo is getting preference "PPE")

Poobah1972
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 11:46:44 (permalink)
    dawnkiller
    gsrcrxsi
    paulmcpazzi
    gsrcrxsi

u say percentage. but percentage of what?? there has zero EVGA units been sold in Canada.
    I've confirmed with one of the biggest Canadacomputer stores in the country that they have gotten Zero unit at that retail location.
    like i said, it is not the stock level, it's the lack of communication/clarification from EVGA 

That's just not true, I know for a fact canada computers had EVGA units in stock... Very low numbers like only 1 3090 xc3 ultra at select stores as I talked to both stores on days they had that one in.  In both cases there was a guy that was waiting at the store before it opened to get it.

The release had a ridiculously low supply though, that's for sure.  My Tin foil hat tells me, they probably rushed it the way they have to get in front of Big Navi to try and avoid lost sales.  Cause if they waited for the cargo container ships to arrive with a proper amount of stock it would of been too close to the AMD press releases and the release of the card itself.  More people would of been patient to just wait it out and see.

Now with this experience under our belt... It probably only helps Nvidia, as when the AMD GPU does drop it too will be a limited release (unless I'm mistaken) and anyone with standing orders for 30 serious will likely just stick with it to avoid another long wait. *tin foil hat off*

warrior6
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/14 13:16:21 (permalink)
    Poobah1972
    Between all the retail outfits across North America, were probably talking about 10's of thousands of cards that need to be distributed from EVGA and other Manufacturers to Distributors...  This isn't going to happen until the first cargo container ships arrive. I'm fairly certain the limited release seen thus far, can be counted in the dozens and more then likely they were air freighted in.  I think it's fair to say, backorders are going to remain back orders till that ship actually arrives.

Personally I don't think it will be much different with AMD's Big Navi (as it's been for every other major release of hardware since march).  Supply chains and distribution is just royally messed up since covid. (namely limited ship space and manufacturer's aren't given there usual space they need as other more urgent cargo is getting preference "PPE")

The thing with the covid theory is that i feel like the manufacturers would tell us they are seeing a covid delay. I feel like this is more to do with the production from samsung for the chips. Its a supply issue with samsung with conspiracies that nvidia wants to go back to tsmc.
    warrior6
    Re: Is EVGA shipping any xc3 ultra 3080 cards to Canada? 2020/10/25 22:47:49 (permalink)
    Canada computers is still not getting any xc3 ultras. Ive read on reddit about them cancelling people's orders because they are not getting an ETA from the manufacturer. Its hard to believe that EVGA can't get a small handful of cards to Canada computers and other retailers for the xc3 ultra. I wish EVGA was more transparent about this if for example they are concentrating production on FTW3 cards. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile