EVGA

Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues?

Author
Crimtide
  • Total Posts : 80
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/07/02 12:43:52 (permalink)
Everything has been on "rebate" for months now.. and nothing has been close to those MSRP numbers in retail stores or online for just as long.  Everything from pre-builts to buying a GPU by itself has been price reduced for months due to the market calming down... are these inflated MSRP prices from last year ever going to be adjusted to a true value so it stops screwing people over in the step-up program?  For example, it is ridiculous that someone in step-up has to pay $280 more to step-up to a 3080 Ti FTW3 ($1429) than someone who buys the 3080 Ti FTW3 at all ($1149).  Include the fact that the consumer has to pay for return shipping, and shipping the step-up.. you are looking at a ~$340 total cost difference before tax for those in step-up queue.. this is insane.
post edited by Crimtide - 2022/07/02 12:46:20

25 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/02 12:56:23 (permalink)
    Probably not. It’s possible, but step up is a promotion in itself. You aren’t being screwed over because you have the option to cancel the step up if it no longer meets your needs, and sell your card locally and buy directly.
    Aquankh
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/04 03:27:19 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Probably not. It’s possible, but step up is a promotion in itself. You aren’t being screwed over because you have the option to cancel the step up if it no longer meets your needs, and sell your card locally and buy directly.

Maybe he isn't screwed over, because he didn't yet send you his card. But in my case I'm waiting now for over three weeks since you have received my card in step up. Meanwhile prices of gpus are falling. And like you said I could have just sold my card and buy locally a better card for the same price at this time, but since I already paid for step up and shipment I'm screwed. I'm waiting for 3060ti while I could get now a 3070. I suspect you didn't reserve the card for me and you are waiting for shipment or something, but instead of telling me the truth your Agents are saying about german holiday delay and just asking to wait a week. After a week another week and so on, when does it end ?
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/04 03:46:42 (permalink)
    Aquankh
    the_Scarlet_one

Maybe he isn't screwed over, because he didn't yet send you his card. But in my case I'm waiting now for over three weeks since you have received my card in step up. Meanwhile prices of gpus are falling. And like you said I could have just sold my card and buy locally a better card for the same price at this time, but since I already paid for step up and shipment I'm screwed. I'm waiting for 3060ti while I could get now a 3070. I suspect you didn't reserve the card for me and you are waiting for shipment or something, but instead of telling me the truth your Agents are saying about german holiday delay and just asking to wait a week. After a week another week and so on, when does it end ?

referred to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/04 05:08:57 (permalink)
    Aquankh

Just for clarification, I don’t work for EVGA. I don’t live in the EU. I don’t have any information on your step up or your options.

If you need assistance, you would have to talk to EVGA EU, as I don’t have direct contact with them.
    Aquankh
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/04 05:24:56 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Aquankh

Just for clarification, I don’t work for EVGA. I don’t live in the EU. I don’t have any information on your step up or your options.

If you need assistance, you would have to talk to EVGA EU, as I don’t have direct contact with them.

Ok, sorry. Evga forum moderator title got me confused.
    And I did talk to them but like I sait it's always wait another week type of answer.
    Thanks for trying to help though.
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/04 05:55:45 (permalink)
    Hi Crimtide,

thanks for your detailed forums request - basically pricing for EMEA will be reviewed constantly, by requesting to the Step-Up, the current MSPR will be listed under your request page, if the products gets available, of course the MSRP will be adjusted to the current one, which is listed for the product. Checked your profile and it seems you only have closed Step-UP´s currently. Please let me know the SN on which you want to handle the upgrade and I could tell you the current pricing, pelase let us know to supporteu@evga.com

Thx,

Markus
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/13 06:22:46 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Crimtide,

thanks for your detailed forums request - basically pricing for EMEA will be reviewed constantly, by requesting to the Step-Up, the current MSPR will be listed under your request page, if the products gets available, of course the MSRP will be adjusted to the current one, which is listed for the product. Checked your profile and it seems you only have closed Step-UP´s currently. Please let me know the SN on which you want to handle the upgrade and I could tell you the current pricing, pelase let us know to supporteu@evga.com

Thx,

Markus

That's because GPU prices are continuously falling.. and you still have not adjusted MSRP on the product.. so I have not entered step-up yet.. I am not paying hundreds of dollars more for step up than someone who can just buy it out right and now cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago when I made this forum post.. price dropped AGAIN to $1099 for the 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra on your own website.  That means I would have to pay just less than $400 MORE after taxes and shipping Than someone who bought the card outright as a first time purchase from you.  As far as which card, I am trying to step-up my 3060 Ti FTW3 to the 3080 Ti FTW3.  EVGA support has been the absolute best in my PC component journey.  But the incredibly delayed response to give consumers access to equal pricing across the board is completely asinine.  Also, I am not EU.  Not sure why you want me to email the EU department?  

Best Buy is even selling them for $1149 and they are IN STOCK everywhere locally now.

post edited by Crimtide - 2022/07/14 18:33:59
    Dooms87
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1020
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/14 21:45:49 (permalink)
    Crimtide
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Crimtide,

Thx,

Markus

That's because GPU prices are continuously falling.. and you still have not adjusted MSRP on the product.. so I have not entered step-up yet.. I am not paying hundreds of dollars more for step up than someone who can just buy it out right and now cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago when I made this forum post.. price dropped AGAIN to $1099 for the 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra on your own website.  That means I would have to pay just less than $400 MORE after taxes and shipping Than someone who bought the card outright as a first time purchase from you.  As far as which card, I am trying to step-up my 3060 Ti FTW3 to the 3080 Ti FTW3.  EVGA support has been the absolute best in my PC component journey.  But the incredibly delayed response to give consumers access to equal pricing across the board is completely asinine.  Also, I am not EU.  Not sure why you want me to email the EU department?  

Best Buy is even selling them for $1149 and they are IN STOCK everywhere locally now.

Pretty sure Nvidia is who sets MSRP for the GPU's. Until they make an official price drop EVGA has no reason to let you double dip effectively getting two promotions simultaneously. Most articles I found are hinting that the price reduction won't be permanent so you might not even have a case other than asking for EVGA to provide you goodwill and let you double dip on promotions. I'm willing to bet you're well past the time limit to get into step up and just want to get a better card for the least money which I can understand but EVGA is still a company and unless your 3060 ti was broken and you got bad customer service its kind of unfair of you to act as they owe you a step up and a discount.

NZXT Phantom 630 - Asus P6X58D-E - EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gb  - Intel I7 930 2.8 Ghz OC @ 4.0Ghz - H80 
    Corsair HX1000W - Corsair 12gb DD3 Dominator ram 1600 - Intel 80 gig X25m SSD -
    Samsung 500g HDD -Logitech G15 - Logitech G9X -Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/15 05:53:56 (permalink)
    Dooms87

Pretty sure Nvidia is who sets MSRP for the GPU's. Until they make an official price drop EVGA has no reason to let you double dip effectively getting two promotions simultaneously. Most articles I found are hinting that the price reduction won't be permanent so you might not even have a case other than asking for EVGA to provide you goodwill and let you double dip on promotions. I'm willing to bet you're well past the time limit to get into step up and just want to get a better card for the least money which I can understand but EVGA is still a company and unless your 3060 ti was broken and you got bad customer service its kind of unfair of you to act as they owe you a step up and a discount.

Double dipping? lol.. no... I waited an extensive period of time and did not get my notify to buy the 3060 Ti until end of May this year.  I have until the end of August.  With GPUs readily available and stock replenished at this point.. I fail to see how this is "double dipping" or trying to game the system.. I bought the 3060 Ti at the "reduced MSRP" price directly from EVGA since it was an out right purchase, it is only step-up queue forcing others to pay hundreds more.  In terms of monetary benefit, there is none... step-up users are always paying more out of pocket than someone else, due to having to pay for return shipping to return the original, and again pay for shipping to send the new one.. that's something every step-up user has to deal with.. but charging step-up users $70 less than the current price of a 3090 Ti, for a 3080 Ti.. that's absolutely insane.  
    post edited by Crimtide - 2022/07/15 05:55:05
    BPROSEK
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/16 05:09:18 (permalink)
    I completely agree, and months ago when I inquired on this matter I received an apathetic, greed based response of basically blah blah blah we like your money and that is that so enjoy the step-up sucker.....needless to say I laughed at the ask for nearly $300 over what I would pay and let two step-up opportunities go to rot because I refused to be gouged further and pay an idiot tax hidden behind boiler plate screw the customer but make sure the rhetoric sounds good marketing nonsense.  

Step right up and get rewarded for loyalty and buying our products, as a thank you we will make you feel like a chump who knocked up your sister and give everyone else a better deal than your total because you are important to us..... because who else will pay $500 for a 3060 and then add another (full tax that baby) $450 to inch up to a mediocre 3070, or if a real big baller and you haven't been bled dry by EVGA yet, we have a special $1000 upgrade step right up to a 3080.......  Yeah I am not too bitter, actually no I am really bitter, which actually makes me sad because I loathe to be anything but happy, and there you have it; A Disabled Veteran, formerly homeless, who scrimped and saved, used a pay in 4 service to even afford a 3060, waited endlessley through queue's that go no where, and in the end got nothing but the crappy 3060 to show for it, and some nonsense email replies from staff here who must feel enjoy the feeling of being superior and having a higher level of kit than the everyman could even imagine - it's ok though, my Karma is Elevated and Filled with Aloha, your souls, well you'll find out that empty promise when the time is upon you.

Sorry to rant, but the op has/had a valid and salient point that others then attempted to obfuscate and demean, when ultimately corporate greed and profiteering are the core cash grab motivators that has led to, bolstered, and supported insane MSRP inflation, gouging, supply shenanigans, and that's not even talking about scalpers, supporting bots, and the 50 other ways the regular consumer was made to be a fool and suffer throughout this Gloabal Pandemic, Suppply Chain Bull, which all amounted to Hefty Profits and Screwed little guys.....  Happy Birthday To You....!
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/07/16 06:02:19
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/07/28 18:33:32 (permalink)
    Now Amazon is selling them with prime delivery for less than EVGA.. What is this nonsense?
    zod96
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 06:11:15 (permalink)
    Yeah I wanted to step up to the 3090 TI, but it is still showing a price of $2100, when MSRP is now $1300. 

AMD 5950X 
    Evga 3090 
    64GB Crucial Ballistic 
    Evga X570 FTW 
    Corsair 5000D
    Corsair 1000HX 
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 06:25:46 (permalink)
    zod96
    Yeah I wanted to step up to the 3090 TI, but it is still showing a price of $2100, when MSRP is now $1300. 

It's nuts.. and the fact that EVGA hasn't really responded other than the person that said "but i dont see a step up request on your account you" they have been completely silent.. this is really unlike EVGA and pretty disheartening.. especially coming this close to 40 series launch; rumored 2 months away.. Now my step-up period has passed last week because I didn't want to spend $400 more on a step-up than someone else.  
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 07:47:36 (permalink)
    zod96

MSRP is not $1300, MSRP is $2199. It shows that on the product page. The instant rebates of $800 is not an MSRP change, it is just a “discount” for the sale.

Step up’s are not given instant rebates and game promotions.

Until NVidia changes the actual MSRP, I doubt EVGA changes their actual MSRP.
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 08:42:06 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    zod96

MSRP is not $1300, MSRP is $2199. It shows that on the product page. The instant rebates of $800 is not an MSRP change, it is just a “discount” for the sale.

Step up’s are not given instant rebates and game promotions.

Until NVidia changes the actual MSRP, I doubt EVGA changes their actual MSRP.

Even Nvidia website lists the MSRP of the 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra for $1299.. still $1429 on EVGA website.  Newegg has MSRP for the GPU @ $1149.  The EVGA Store on Amazon lists is at $1419, not 1429 like the website.  Only $10 difference, but still, why is Amazon MSRP in their own Amazon store cheaper than their own website?  Definitely not because Nvidia.  This is proving a choice is being made by EVGA themselves. These "sales" have been at these prices for several months.. a "sale" doesn't last several months... so please tell me again how Nvidia is controlling the price that EVGA lists this as?  

Either way, if you are right, or I am right.. it shouldn't matter.. they know these GPUs are not selling for those prices, not anywhere close, and EVGA themselves are making a choice of their own to not change policy in this regard.  There is no reason they should be selling a step up for $1429 when any other first time buyer can buy in @ $1099.  "Our policy is you have to pay MSRP"... BS.. they made policy changes all throughout the entire struggle of the last 2 years with GPUs.. they can make another one but willfully choose not to.  
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 16:32:03 (permalink)
    NVidia isn’t listing MSRP. NVidia is listing outdated and irrelevant prices as you have to go to the page that has the item listed to actually see what it is listed at.

All of the micro center and Newegg listings are vastly different than what NVidia lists.
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 16:35:10 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    NVidia isn’t listing MSRP. NVidia is listing outdated and irrelevant prices as you have to go to the page that has the item listed to actually see what it is listed at.

All of the micro center and Newegg listings are vastly different than what NVidia lists.

A moot point as I said, whether I'm right or you are right in that, it doesn't matter.. as EVGA is actively making a decision to not offer step-ups at the same rate the cards are actually selling for and charging what they never will sell for again.. might as well be scalper prices at this point, because that's exactly what they are.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 16:44:46 (permalink)
    Don’t use the program. Step up should never extend beyond the 90 day shelf date of a new product. It should only be available to those that purchased a product within 90 days of a launch, and up to 90 days after a launch, and then not at all. Yet people expect a company that is for profit to cater to them. Just don’t use the program.

It shouldn’t be used, especially at this point, as a way to get a card, even during a pandemic or product shortage because that was never the point of the program.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/08/08 16:48:03
    Crimtide
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/08 17:49:37 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Don’t use the program. Step up should never extend beyond the 90 day shelf date of a new product. It should only be available to those that purchased a product within 90 days of a launch, and up to 90 days after a launch, and then not at all. Yet people expect a company that is for profit to cater to them. Just don’t use the program.

It shouldn’t be used, especially at this point, as a way to get a card, even during a pandemic or product shortage because that was never the point of the program.

Your poor statement is exactly what EVGA has become over the last two years.. I'm not "using" the system to get a new card.. I used the system because I had money for a 3060 Ti, but I got a new job since then and have money for a better card..  I bought several overpriced cards directly from EVGA during this "pandemic and shortage", and they are all in use in my household for my children, myself, and my wife.  If you think asking for fair pricing is asking to be catered to, your understanding is on a whole lower level.  If you think a nearly $400 difference is "okay" you probably have something else wrong.  I'm using the program to do exactly what I wanted to do.. upgrade to a better card.. not to "get a card", I already got one..  Speaking of policies.. step-up is available within 90 days of purchase, but now you agree that some policies should be changed?... you just said their program shouldn't be meant for people like me, stepping up this late after a launch.. meanwhile their policy says it is for people like me.. to step up anytime before 90 days runs out after my purchase.. meanwhile my request is a policy change to make things balanced.. your logic is messed up..  as far as "expecting" ... no I don't expect anything, my original post was just a question if EVGA is ever going to honor step-ups at the same prices they are selling for.. so far it's been no response except snarky comments like yourself.
    post edited by Crimtide - 2022/08/08 18:04:50
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1794
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/08/09 05:41:18 (permalink)
    The answer is “never”. EVGA will not take your old card back to sell as b-stock in this down market.

Sell your card and buy what you want, or buy what you want and then sell your card. Either way will be easier than Step Up. Good luck.

chuckclc
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/09/06 14:09:27 (permalink)
    I have a 3080 12gb hybrid and it says I can step up to 3090 or 3090Ti.  Nope, shows nothing available even though cards are for sell and in stock. It is definitely a scam. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/09/06 18:38:39 (permalink)
    chuckclc
    I have a 3080 12gb hybrid and it says I can step up to 3090 or 3090Ti.  Nope, shows nothing available even though cards are for sell and in stock. It is definitely a scam. 

May I ask what you mean when it shows nothing available? Step up stock isn’t made public, so it shouldn’t show availability for step up.
    chuckclc
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/09/06 19:11:19 (permalink)
    When you go through the step up process, it says no options available. On the check down box.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/09/06 19:17:56 (permalink)
    chuckclc
    When you go through the step up process, it says no options available. On the check down box.

are you in North America or EU ?

You were in Queue & EVGA has contacted you for your step-up ?

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/
    (excerpts)

Step-Up Inventory - What can I Step-Up to?
    EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards and motherboards available to Step-Up

EVGA US

Graphics Card  (see list on page)&

EVGA EU

Graphics Card (see list on page)

Request to start your Step-Up within 90 days of your original purchase from your product detail page.
    -
    1. Navigate to My Products under Member Home
    2. Click on View Details of the product
    3. If your product qualifies, you will see the option to start your Step-Up

• Wait in queue until approval - this step can last from a few days to many weeks depending on demand.EVGA will review your request, and you will be approved if you have met the terms and conditions.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

chuckclc
    Re: Is EVGA ever going to adjust the MSRP prices to stop screwing Step up queues? 2022/09/18 22:03:07 (permalink)
    Well, guess I see why I they wouldnt let me step up from my 3080.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile