Intel's paid hit piece is nothing but hot garbage

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Intel's paid hit piece is nothing but hot garbage 2018/10/12 16:07:44 (permalink)
Ranmacanada

Canadians already over pay for everything.  Intel is just making you pay more again.

While I disagree with intel on certain things, what you stated is completely incorrect and doesn't take any of these things into consideration.  Those higher prices could be from non authorized resellers aka scalpers and your freebee's of course (Free 'healthcare', etc.), get channeled to the cost of your goods and services and your higher ups like's to impose higher VAT, Tax, Duties, etc. so you're forced to buy inside Canada and not on the outside.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Intel's paid hit piece is nothing but hot garbage 2018/10/15 08:12:51 (permalink)
Ranmacanada
And that's your problem, you're buying your CPU's in Canada.

Actually, the prices which I paid for both my i7-6700K and R7 1700 were competitive. Canada Computers (with discounts) provided the best pricing option at the time of purchase. I do my research when it comes time to buy components and if the better option was from Amazon, .com or .ca, that's the one I would have taken as I did for my daughters Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56.

What I was pointing out in my post was the pricing issues facing Intel and AMD, and the way AMD's products now bracket Intel's newest CPU as a result of Intel's own pricing strategy. The 2700X provides a huge undercut given relative performance. And with the 1900X as you have pointed out, getting so many more PCI-e lanes at the expense of slower gaming performance but a a lesser price will be worth it for many.

The simplest way to explain purchasing an overpriced product it is addiction. Heroin isn't cheap, either. But people boycott food and water for it.
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Intel's paid hit piece is nothing but hot garbage 2018/10/24 15:36:14 (permalink)
i guess Intel is going to do something about this

for better or worse

Ryan Shrout Goes to Intel

Today marks the beginning of a second journey, one that I didn’t know would ever come. I have accepted a role at Intel as the company’s Chief Performance Strategist. In this capacity, I will help influence and drive performance leadership across Intel’s product portfolio. 

https://www.pcper.com/new.../Beginning-new-journey

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

lehpron
Regular Guy
  • Total Posts : 16254
  • Ribbons : 191
Re: Intel's paid hit piece is nothing but hot garbage 2018/10/24 23:23:17 (permalink)
panzlock

With this product it's also important to consider the price points. The 2700X is considerably cheaper than the 9900K. The Intel product has the better of the AMD offering but, at the price point and resulting PC performance it makes zero, ZERO sense to purchase the blue chip.
In my mind, AMD was able to influence Intel to force 9900K's creation unnecessarily.  They branded 2800X as 2700X and implied to wait for Intel's response before pushing out a 2800X.  So Intel went all out, and the price of 9900K reflects the threat of cannibalizing their own 7820X and 9820X.  I actually think, however, 2700X is better aimed, and Intel may win, against 9700K.  Price performance difference there is a better fight, hyperthreading be damned.

That being said, I wonder how long AMD will allow 1920X priced just above 2700X?  In fact, I'd like to see a review of 9700K and 9900K versus just 1920X Threadripper, simply due to TCO.  My interest in Ryzen purely exists from the standpoint of more cores per dollar versus Intel.  If Ryzen 7nm AM4 ends up having an 8c16t flagship again, I'll be let down because it isn't progressive to me.  That would be evidence of AMD settling into an Intel-style routine just because Intel won't have more than 8c16t until 10nm.  Ryzen 7-3700X should be a 12c24t at the $300 mark.  High-turbos and IPC, TBH, I don't really care.  A lower-power version of 1920X at 7nm is of particular interest, especially if Intel miraculously follows.
post edited by lehpron - 2018/10/24 23:26:10

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile