Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102311
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/03/02 06:46:13 (permalink)
Intel Kills Extended Warranty Program for Overclocking | TechPowerUp

Some time ago, Intel has introduced the Performance Tuning Protection Plan (PTPP), which was used as a warranty for any damage that has occurred during overclocking. Customers of PTPP, mainly buyers of Intel Core processors having a "K" tag were able to get a replacement processor whenever they damaged their CPU by overclocking it. When it comes to the pricing of such a service, typical plans were spanning from $19.99 to $29.99, depending on the processor you had. However, there will no longer be such a program, as Intel is discontinuing its PTPP extended overclocking warranty. The company has updated its site to refer to End-Of-Life (EOL) page displaying a quote below.

To PTPP Customers,
The Performance Tuning Protection Plan program has been discontinued.
As customers increasingly overclock with confidence, we are seeing lower demand for the Performance Tuning Protection Plans (PTPP).
As a result, Intel will no longer offer new PTPP plans effective March 1, 2021.
Intel will continue focusing on delivering amazing processors with tuning flexibility and overclocking tools like Intel Performance Maximizer and Intel XTU.
All existing plans will continue to be honored through the duration of the processor warranty period.
For questions, contact Intel Customer Support.
Note about the Intel Xeon W-3175X Processor
The Intel Xeon W-31 75X Processor is automatically covered for overclocking, No additional plan or activation code is required
Thank You,
PTPP Team

Since the affected processors seem to be end-of-life then I suspect this is the reason for the program's termination. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Intel Kills Extended Warranty Program for Overclocking 2021/03/02 07:20:47 (permalink)
    This was expected but Intel is moving towards lower power processors and better thermal management making this old approach unnecessary.

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Intel Kills Extended Warranty Program for Overclocking 2021/03/02 07:42:12 (permalink)
    Locking thread.

Reason: Duplicate thread. https://forums.evga.com/I...ion-plan-m3232298.aspx
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile