Intel Again Leader in Silicon Supply Race

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/05/21 02:20:53 (permalink)
http://www.icinsights.com/news/bulletins/Intel-Recaptures-Number-One-Quarterly-Semi-Supplier-Ranking-From-Samsung-/

ntel was the historic leader in silicon manufacturing and sales from 1993 through 2016, the year it lost its lead to Samsung. The issue wasn't so much to do with Intel, but more to do with market demands at the time - if you'll remember, it was the time of booming DRAM pricing alongside the smartphone demand increase that propagated stiff competition and manufacturers trying to outgun one another in the form of specs. The DRAM demand - and its ridiculous prices, at the time - propelled Samsung towards the top spot in terms of revenue, leaving Intel in the dust.

However, with the decrease in DRAM pricing following the reduce in smartphone demand and increased manufacturing capabilities of semiconductor manufacturers, which flooded the market with product that is being more slowly digested, has led to the drop of the previously-inflated Dram pricing. 

However, in my personal opinion Samsung has the ability to ramp up production faster than Intel. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Intel Again Leader in Silicon Supply Race 2019/05/21 08:26:59 (permalink)
    I think it also says something about how the big of a threat AMD is to Intel that they can still take the crown even though since the pressure from AMD has increased. Clearly only a very small percentage of Intel sales have been lost to AMD.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile