ICX upgrade program to an Upgraded Model

Author
howdy2u2
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1896
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
2017/08/05 20:52:54 (permalink)
I had applied for the ICX upgrade in February when it was offered. Contacted support through chat a few times (~1x/ month) between then and recently out of curiosity if it still applied to the GPUs I had. GPU in question- 03G-P4-6367-KR - 3GB 1060 FTW+ which unlike the 6GB version does not have a FTW2+ any more (existed for a short time so I believe) I contacted support through chat one last time since the version did not exist to see if the ICX program still applied since it was a long time and hadn't heard anything. Went through the usual " that program has ended" to "oh I see you applied" and "yes they still qualify", it was stepped up to a manager (I believe) and I was informed they would contact me. Next day, phone call letting me know all was good and the upgrade would proceed. Maybe 2 days pass and I receive the e-mail to pay for the upgrades......DONE-SWEET!! Pack up the GPUs>ship>received>return tracking number>received>bring home from work and open the first box and was honestly amazed. EVGA had sent not only a ICX upgrade, but a upgrade from my original 03G to a 06G version. It took ~6mos to complete and honestly I did not believe it would since the 03G no longer existed. As usual EVGA stepped up, went above and beyond with an upgrade program for a GPU version that didn't exist. So with that long story, I Thank EVGA for going above and beyond..........It pays to be patient..............

2 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: ICX upgrade program to an Upgraded Model 2017/08/05 21:05:42 (permalink)
    It is a bummer that the whole process took a couple of months but I am glad that you are happy with your iCX upgrade. Enjoy your graphics card and please feel free to get into contact with our customer service team if you have any other questions about your new graphics card. 
    howdy2u2
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1896
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: ICX upgrade program to an Upgraded Model 2017/08/06 02:57:38 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseC
    It is a bummer that the whole process took a couple of months but I am glad that you are happy with your iCX upgrade. Enjoy your graphics card and please feel free to get into contact with our customer service team if you have any other questions about your new graphics card. 

Nooooooooo Not a bummer at all in my book. I got to use the GPUs since 10/2016, ICX upgrade> new 90 day step up option> can purchase extended warranty> Advanced RMA option available. It's all good in my opinion, and the icing on the cake was the memory upgrade with the Mhz increase.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile