EVGA

ICX cards and Stock Fan Curve

Author
Mikelol
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/07/08 16:01:29 (permalink)
EVGA really needs to send everyone with an ICX card a new bios so that the fan curve actually works. I have seen on countless occasions now, the GPU fan being the only fan that is on while the memory and pwr modules are at almost 80c. The card doesn't cool correctly with just the GPU fan on, in fact the gpu will peak at about 10c higher than normal with only the GPU fan running. I'm trying to run my GPU stock and without precision and i basically cannot because the fans are controlled by 3 different sensors for 3 different parts of the GPU. I really don't know what EVGA was thinking with ICX. Don't fix something that isn't broken. Please make the stock fan curve the way it should be with all 3 fans synced together for GPU temp as the only sensor. There is NO WAY i would ever recommend an ICX GPU in the current state of the Tech and you should not be Forced to use software to have your fans turn on correctly.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: ICX cards and Stock Fan Curve 2020/07/12 12:52:29 (permalink)
    the design is based on all those who value quiet as possible

Which model & part number is your GPU ?

OS details & Nvidia driver ?

What changes have you made in OS & Nvidia control panel ?

How long have you had it?

Try a total power flush.  Tun PC Off, then unplug - All devices that have AC power - then hold start button on your case for 20 seconds - restart PC

Have you tried increasing the case fan RPM ? 

How are your case fans set & what controls them .. what devices temp makes them change speed ?

How is your CPU cooled ?

What case &fan setup ?

Where is PC in your room ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

kelkel1
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 601
    Re: ICX cards and Stock Fan Curve 2020/07/12 12:59:38 (permalink)
    Meh, it does kind of suck, but just use Precision, just make a custom curve for each fan, easy.

I have all three of my fans running basically all the time.
    post edited by kelkel1 - 2020/07/12 13:03:20

Z390 DARK, 9900K, 2080 FTW3 ULTRA, GSKILL 4500, 960EVO M.2
    https://valid.x86.fr/52sqs5
    Mikelol
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: ICX cards and Stock Fan Curve 2020/07/14 00:54:04 (permalink)
    I tried the power flushing and it hasn't happened again so far. I also uninstalled precision entirely so who knows which one of those things possibly fixed the issue. I'm not a huge fan of having to use

precision currently because i swear while the program is running it causes slight input lag to your entire system. I can't really prove this but my mouse feels sluggish as soon as the program is turned

on and is instantly gone when its turned off. I really think ICX is cool in theory but in reality is just a pointless technology when it comes to doing something as simple as cooling a GPU. If all the fans

were just controlled by the GPU sensor the cooling would be better and there would be less room for weird glitches and strange behavior from the fans. Thanks for the replies and possible fix to the

issue though.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile