I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 13:49:33 (permalink)
Agree.  But people do these things. My wife would give me the evil eye if this where my situation. 

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 13:52:23 (permalink)
JGLuxe
gsrcrxsi
laid off due to COVID, on hard times, but willing to drop $750 for something that literally no one needs?

I don't care if i get hate, you need to adjust your priorities. keep that cash for bills, as even if your story is true and you came by some extra cash now, nothing is certain and you're a fool if you waste it on some tech product to play games instead of providing some extra security for your family's future.

Exactly what I was thinking within the 1st sentence of his original post.

This doesn't make sense.

Probably plays the lotto too...'for real'

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 13:56:51 (permalink)
Delirious
Agree.  But people do these things. My wife would give me the evil eye if this where my situation. 

I was really not going to comment on this thread...until a GPU was offered, and this EDIT didn't even bother to say thanks. He almost complained it would be a hassle

"I wouldn't say no, arestavo.  Its still nvidia right, so I don't have to go cleaning drivers off?"

This guy deserves whatever clowning he gets.
post edited by Delirious - 2020/09/17 15:40:22

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

thatKingKong
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 945
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:06:33 (permalink)
JGLuxe
gsrcrxsi
laid off due to COVID, on hard times, but willing to drop $750 for something that literally no one needs?

I don't care if i get hate, you need to adjust your priorities. keep that cash for bills, as even if your story is true and you came by some extra cash now, nothing is certain and you're a fool if you waste it on some tech product to play games instead of providing some extra security for your family's future.

Exactly what I was thinking within the 1st sentence of his original post.

This doesn't make sense.

+10000... I don't buy the story.

q5sys
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 153
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:09:05 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Delirious

I was really not going to comment on this thread...until a GPU was offered, and this ***** didn't even bother to say thanks. He almost complained it would be a hassle

"I wouldn't say no, arestavo.  Its still nvidia right, so I don't have to go cleaning drivers off?"

Yea it's one thing to come in with a sob story... but when he gets an awesome gesture of kindness... he basically ignores it and keeps posting complaining about how bad things are... but oh yea he's had this windfall but that doesn't count... he really wants a real win.
JFC man... if you're in the ditch and you end up with a windfall... be freaking thankful and appreciative that you for something that most people who are in the ditch aren't getting. 
I get his struggles to play games, my gaming rig is a EVGA 750ti FTW, https://i.imgur.com/QRWR15N.jpg , but when you have an old card you gotta accept that there are games you cant play.  But continuing to complain when someone offered a 980ti for free... get out of here with that crap. 

@arestavo  If this guy doesn't take you up on your offer of kindness... I'll happily buy that card off you and pay shipping, I'm not asking for charity.
thatKingKong
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 945
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:09:46 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Delirious

I was really not going to comment on this thread...until a GPU was offered, and this EDIT didn't even bother to say thanks. He almost complained it would be a hassle

+10000000 too.
post edited by Delirious - 2020/09/17 15:40:03

kindofabuzz
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:16:18 (permalink)
I will sell you a 2080ti for $600.
Beasthunt
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:18:51 (permalink)
No. What you didn't deserve was these companies allowing bots in to suck up all of the inventory so people can scalp. Every website was nailed. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bouncealerts
Intoxicus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:37:21 (permalink)
Respectfully some thoughts:

After dealing with some insane chronic illness and on the path to a possible recovery of my health I understand bad luck and misfortune more than many others might. It can really get to a person and mess with them. And sometimes venting the emotions can come out at unintended times. I feel for the OP, coping with a run of misfortune that never seems to end can blind a person to the positives they do still have.

At the same time no one *needs* a 3080, unless it is for work as in editing for Content Creation, etc. Even then there are other options for a work focused GPU, it's not like the 1000 & 2000 series suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth upon the 3000 series release. Perhaps it may be wiser to invest in a less powerful GPU and do a total system overhaul instead? As some have mentioned a 3080 in a dated system will not live up to its full potential. A 900 or 1000 series with a modest Ryzen CPU on a budget motherboard with modern RAM will likely be more beneficial than a 3080 alone. It's easy to get hyped on the new big thing, we're all human. Don't let hype distort your priorities.

The idea of deserving a high end luxury item comes off as entitled with all respect. This might be a moment for self reflection for the OP. Again, I understand where he's coming from more than most would ever know. I've had to check myself on emotionality that skewed my perspective, I've been there. Personally I don't deserve anything because of a bad HLA-B27 gene combined with some extreme gut biome issues EDIT my life up for 5+ years. Self ownership and responsibility don't end because of a series of unfortunate events. If anything self ownership becomes even more important in such circumstances.

Sometimes a reminder to be thankful for what you do have is very very important. Please OP, take a moment to take stock in what you are thankful for and refocus on that.

What can you do with your windfall to improve your situation in the long run? How can you build a new PC that is more work focused that can help you earn an independent income using your existing skills? How can you accomplish that?

Respect,
Intoxicus

post edited by Delirious - 2020/09/17 15:41:05

"Humans are not rational animals, humans are rationalizing animals." -Robert A Heinlein
Benedictum
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:50:16 (permalink)
To address some of the later concerns.

1.) no, i don't "need" a 3080. I just want to replace my video card. I was planning to try and get a 1080 or a 1660, or similar, but then this card came along and demolished their specs like a juggernaut. Juggling around my budget for upgrades, it made way more sense to shoot for this card and back off on cpu and ram for the time being then it would have to spend $300-$400 on a card with less than a quarter the performance of this one.
2.) I didn't mean to sound ungrateful to arestavo, but he asked me to pm him and I have been prepping a pm to him. I don't really ever use the forums. But within the first ten minutes of posting my thread I got a half dozen hate messages, and multiple "ill sell you a 2080 or 1080 for $800 lol" messages and a lot of garbage, when I'm in a EDIT situation. I wasn't trying to beg, I was trying to vent my frustrations on a EDIT situation.
3.) no, i don't play the lotto. you're an EDIT to judge people, you dont know me, you dont know my situation, you dont know what kind of windfall we ran into. If i needed $800 for bills, you can be sure I wouldn't be trying to buy a new card right now, id be paying bills. The reason its so galling is that things finally DID normalize, things finally were back to a stable spot where i could splurge a bit on myself after months, or to be honest, a couple years, of austerity and i was upset I couldnt do that. Does it make me entitled? I dunno. I mean imagine you drove a beater car every day for years, never complained about it, you just wished you could finally one day buy a sports car. Then in the course of a week you get a big promotion, a bonus at work, and your favorite car company puts a new model on sale all at once..... and then you can't get a car. Its frustrating. its crushing. this would have been like the one big purchase I made for myself for probably the next ten plus years. So maybe don't be so quick to judge somebody.
post edited by Delirious - 2020/09/17 15:37:06
Benedictum
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 14:52:23 (permalink)
Arestavo, I would greatly appreciate your kind offer and can even try and kickback shipping and something for the card. I apparently cant send pms, only receive them, because I never use the forums.
q5sys
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 153
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 15:02:36 (permalink)
i think people are giving you a hard time because of two things.
First:

Benedictum
you're an EDIT to judge people, you dont know me, you dont know my situation, you dont know what kind of windfall we ran into. If i needed $800 for bills, you can be sure I wouldn't be trying to buy a new card right now, id be paying bills.

If your windfall was small, probably best to not waste money on a $700 GPU
If your windfall was large, BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR BLESSING, and dont complain that you couldnt buy a $700 GPU. 

Second:
Benedictum
I mean imagine you drove a beater car every day for years, never complained about it, you just wished you could finally one day buy a sports car. Then in the course of a week you get a big promotion, a bonus at work, and your favorite car company puts a new model on sale all at once..... and then you can't get a car. Its frustrating. its crushing.

Crushing?  Really?  You have a major win in life and a small disappointment is crushing?  If I or anyone else was in that situation you just described... look at all we'd have to be thankful for: a promotion and a bonus.  Instead you want to focus on the small thing that didn't go our way.  That 100% of things didn't go our way in one week isn't crushing... that's just reality of life.  And with a promotion and a bonus we can still get that sports car later.

See my previous point, it's about being thankful for the blessings you've been giving and not focusing on the one little thing that didn't go your way.

That's why people are reacting negatively.  It's just like those bratty rich kids who complain that their daddy bought them a Mercedes for their 16th birthday but it was the wrong model/color and they complain. 
Be thankful when good comes your way.
post edited by Delirious - 2020/09/17 15:39:24
Intoxicus
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 406
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 15:33:37 (permalink)
Benedictum
To address some of the later concerns.

1.) no, i don't "need" a 3080. I just want to replace my video card. I was planning to try and get a 1080 or a 1660, or similar, but then this card came along and demolished their specs like a juggernaut. Juggling around my budget for upgrades, it made way more sense to shoot for this card and back off on cpu and ram for the time being then it would have to spend $300-$400 on a card with less than a quarter the performance of this one.
2.) I didn't mean to sound ungrateful to arestavo, but he asked me to pm him and I have been prepping a pm to him. I don't really ever use the forums. But within the first ten minutes of posting my thread I got a half dozen hate messages, and multiple "ill sell you a 2080 or 1080 for $800 lol" messages and a lot of garbage, when I'm in a poopy situation. I wasn't trying to beg, I was trying to vent my frustrations on a poopy situation.
3.) no, i don't play the lotto. you're an butthole to judge people, you dont know me, you dont know my situation, you dont know what kind of windfall we ran into. If i needed $800 for bills, you can be sure I wouldn't be trying to buy a new card right now, id be paying bills. The reason its so galling is that things finally DID normalize, things finally were back to a stable spot where i could splurge a bit on myself after months, or to be honest, a couple years, of austerity and i was upset I couldnt do that. Does it make me entitled? I dunno. I mean imagine you drove a beater car every day for years, never complained about it, you just wished you could finally one day buy a sports car. Then in the course of a week you get a big promotion, a bonus at work, and your favorite car company puts a new model on sale all at once..... and then you can't get a car. Its frustrating. its crushing. this would have been like the one big purchase I made for myself for probably the next ten plus years. So maybe don't be so quick to judge somebody.

I fully understand. I've been homeless for a couple short stretches before falling ill. And then chronic illness took away my career path and other ambitions. I haven't been able to do BJJ for years for example, and that was my life. I'm fortunate I can turn to content creation to forge a new career path and find a way to add value to others through content creation.

People being poopy are not your fault, don't get me wrong.
You are still responsible for how you put yourself out there. You still need to own your actions even if you've been to the ER for over a half dozen times while the doctors are frakking clueless and don't have any good answers. 

Consider that this is not the best place to vent such frustrations in such a manner. It's bad optics, to use a marketing/pr term. 

I understand both where you are coming from, and why people are having negative reactions. I get it sucks getting hyped for something and it not working out. 

After having suffered in terms of health like I have it's become clear to me what is truly important. Material objects are nothing to having a wife/partner that loves and supports you. You have a roof, food, etc. Which many do not in this world.

Try and reframe this. How can you turn this around to improve your life and income so that you can afford the RTX 4080 upon release in 2-3 years?
Focus on that, focus on what you are thankful for, focus on what adds value to your life more than something material, and I promise you will do better than you can imagine in the long run.

"Humans are not rational animals, humans are rationalizing animals." -Robert A Heinlein
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 15:38:35 (permalink)
Benedictum and others.  watch the use of profanity on the forums.   The forum filter may catch it, but it's still a no no.   I edited everyones posts for you all. 

As far as availability,  these cards will trickle out over in the weeks to come as they come into stock.   Be patient.   Just because you can't play  with a new video card now, doesn't mean you won't be able to.   This happens every year.  This year isn't different.   In time, everyone will be posting about their new video cards.   All will be fine and the world won't come to an end.  Trust me. 

A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
awi5951
  • Total Posts : 4
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 16:25:08 (permalink)
Evga you suck, if your website is going to error out when im clicking on  shipping address why did you keep taking the card out of my cart so i cant buy it you did it 10 damn times and i got nothing. Im so damn pissed.
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 16:31:39 (permalink)
Interesting. I'll watch this parse out.
post edited by Viper97 - 2020/09/17 16:35:25

flyingtoaster85
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 282
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 16:37:39 (permalink)
Somebody just posted a comment offering to send him a lightly used 2080ti, then immediately deleted it.

Main: 10700k @ 5.4ghz, 3090 K|NGP|N Hydrocopper, 4x8 @4300 16-16-16-36, EVGA 1200 P2, MSI Z490 Unify, 5 radiators, 2 pumps. Heavily modified Evolv ATX

Travel size: Zen3 5800H, RTX 3060 Laptop GPU w/unlocked bios, 2x16 Kingston HyperX 3200 C20
SpriteCup1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 16:38:20 (permalink)
Delirious
Benedictum and others.  watch the use of profanity on the forums.   The forum filter may catch it, but it's still a no no.   I edited everyones posts for you all. 

As far as availability,  these cards will trickle out over in the weeks to come as they come into stock.   Be patient.   Just because you can't play  with a new video card now, doesn't mean you won't be able to.   This happens every year.  This year isn't different.   In time, everyone will be posting about their new video cards.   All will be fine and the world won't come to an end.  Trust me. 

Is it really going to be a daily (or nearly daily) restock? That's better than "try again for 3 seconds in a month."

In the dark, I can feel You in my sleep.. In Your arms I feel You breathe in to me. Forever hold this heart that I will give to You, Forever I will live for You!
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 19:47:37 (permalink)
Delirious

I thought it was funny you edited my ***** with the word EDIT. I actually used just asterisks to be non specific.
My *complaint is my perception the 3080 does not have enough VRAM.

rblaes_99
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 20:22:23 (permalink)
this kids a dope and deserves nothing.  WHAT MOTHERBOARD does he had FFS?  gets a "windfall" of money on tough times and says lets burn it on a GPU.  A$$hatt.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 20:34:58 (permalink)
It would make sense dependent on the screen the OP is using if it's worth going with a RTX 3080.  For all we know, they purchase a 3080 and they have bottlenecks up the wazoo making it a worthless investment.

OP, if you could give us a list of your hardware, I would really appreciate it including specs of the screen used.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 20:40:43 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Delirious

I thought it was funny you edited my ***** with the word EDIT. I actually used just asterisks to be non specific.
My *complaint is my perception the 3080 does not have enough VRAM.

believe me. Somebody would of said something as to why you were special.    🤪

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 20:42:29 (permalink)
USALion
Delirious

Is it really going to be a daily (or nearly daily) restock? That's better than "try again for 3 seconds in a month."

Yes.  More to come but not in a month.

Avolate
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/17 23:24:45 (permalink)
Benedictum
My life has just been utter lately. I'm not going to bore you with the whole sob story, its similar to a lot of people, laid off due to covid, scratching to meet bills, etc. 

We got a windfall and I was really hoping I could get a new video card. I am running an EVGA 660 TI . It's sad I know, but its literally all I could afford. I was hoping to finally be able to upgrade it to something substantial today with a 3080, even if it was one of the lower clock 3080s, but no. Wasnt to be. Never saw it in stock, never got evga to load, newegg just kept telling me out of stock, it never flipped. I had notifications at newegg, evga, best buy, amazon, no emails from any retailer. I got up at 5 am my time specifically so I could be online and present to try and get the card, even set up autorefreshers.

Guess I keep using my card that literally can't run modern software. Thanks EVGA. I've been buying your products exclusively for almost 20 years now. motherboards, graphics cards, power supplies, etc. Guess I don't matter.

If your GPU is that old then your CPU must be old too.   You dont wanna get a 3080 if you have an older CPU because your just gonna bottleneck the card.   Then your just wasting money because you cant fully utilize the card. 
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/18 00:13:45 (permalink)
Soooo this windfall is just you getting the unemployment arrears? I would hardly call that a windfall particularly since you said your credit cards were maxed out and bank was over drafted. You spend that money however you and your wife see fit. I too, have been horribly affected by covid but in the opposite direction. I am a Registered Nurse and have been working 60+ hours a week for the last 4+ months. The money is absolutely fantastic and I paid off all debt other than my truck 2 months ago but I am physically run down. My day consists of going to work for 12-hours, going home to eat and maybe getting an hour or so on the computer to browse, watch videos or play a few matches in WOWs before going to bed. Next week will be the first time in 3-months that I've had 2 days off in a row.

Needless to say, I had money ready for a 3080 and was off work but the models I was interested in were not available today. After reading what went on this morning, I can't say I was hopeful I'd be able to get one anyway. Fortunately, I was able to enter Step Up queue for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra this morning. I'm not sure how long it will take to get it but this works just fine for me. 

rblaes_99
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/18 06:05:19 (permalink)
He never does say what Mobo and CPU he has does he?????

indicajones
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/18 20:31:47 (permalink)
Benedictum
My life has just been utter lately. I'm not going to bore you with the whole sob story, its similar to a lot of people, laid off due to covid, scratching to meet bills, etc. 

We got a windfall and I was really hoping I could get a new video card. I am running an EVGA 660 TI . It's sad I know, but its literally all I could afford. I was hoping to finally be able to upgrade it to something substantial today with a 3080, even if it was one of the lower clock 3080s, but no. Wasnt to be. Never saw it in stock, never got evga to load, newegg just kept telling me out of stock, it never flipped. I had notifications at newegg, evga, best buy, amazon, no emails from any retailer. I got up at 5 am my time specifically so I could be online and present to try and get the card, even set up autorefreshers.

Guess I keep using my card that literally can't run modern software. Thanks EVGA. I've been buying your products exclusively for almost 20 years now. motherboards, graphics cards, power supplies, etc. Guess I don't matter.

i just made one of my first forum posts ever this year. Yet it says i joined in 2008 (when I bought my first  EVGA card). How have you been buying  EVGA for almost 20 years now and yet it says you joined 4 years ago.  Sorry.. I promise I'm not trying to be a meany or a karen or Steve.
DarkTAO
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 345
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/18 20:51:14 (permalink)
flyingtoaster85
Somebody just posted a comment offering to send him a lightly used 2080ti, then immediately deleted it.

Geez. I want a 3090. But if someone offered a 2080Ti right now, I'd be like heck to the yeah, and upgrade in the 4 or 5 series instead. This whole thread has been a weird thing. I remember having to piece together a build after like kicked me in the teeth. Using some Dell education era giant old tower pc. And I loved every minute of gaming on it. I could play a ton of emulators with pokemon. Seriously loved it. My next real from-scratch build was suuuper budget, but again, no complaints. It was a major shift. If someone had offered what has been offered, I'd have given zero complaints. Stuff like that is why I still have a shelf full of old parts. Getting complaints because the free PC part I had wasn't X or Y.. it gets old. I hope OP isn't making a really bad-with-money decision and their life has improved.. but it's well past time to move on with that..

24G-P5-3987-KR
09/24/2020 01:16:10 PM PT Yes
Delivered 17 Hours From Purchase
Intel i9-9900K
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
EVGA CLC-280
Asus PG279Q
LG CX OLED 55"
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra/Hybrid Cooler
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3600
EVGA Supernova 850 T2
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
Samsung 850 pro 512GB SSD
Samsung 840 500GB SSD

08G-P5-3751-KR
10/28/2020 04:27:02 PM PT No

24G-P5-3987-KR
10/02/2020 17:12:43 PM PT No - Not Buying
 Removing Once 3090 Arrives
10G-P5-3897-KR
09/24/2020 01:35:27 PM PT No - Not Buying
Removing Once 3090 Arrives [
veridiux
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/18 20:57:12 (permalink)
I would like to give some advice on nabbing one. First, I recommend a browser extension that will auto-refresh pages for you. Second, set your browser to text-only mode. When sites are getting DDoS or overloaded it will help tremendously in getting in and not getting so many can't load errors. This helps to get what you have in the cart bought before other people.
vgerik1234
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 301
Re: I really needed this but I guess I didn't deserve it 2020/09/18 21:26:09 (permalink)
veridiux
I would like to give some advice on nabbing one. First, I recommend a browser extension that will auto-refresh pages for you. Second, set your browser to text-only mode. When sites are getting DDoS or overloaded it will help tremendously in getting in and not getting so many can't load errors. This helps to get what you have in the cart bought before other people.

This doesn't really help when even `curl --head domain.com` times out :) I am requesting the bare minimum from the server and it can't even respond to it.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile