EVGA

I ordered a prebuilt and I'm looking for potential improvement suggestions.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: I ordered a prebuilt and I'm looking for potential improvement suggestions. 2021/06/08 07:24:59 (permalink)
MIGeekScene
R00thead
Don't forget to enable XMP when you upgrade the memory.

Forgive the newbie question but how do I go about doing this? This is a new world to me. Are there any materials I should be reading to get a better understanding?

There will be a setting in the motherboard BIOS. Usually, when you first turn on the power to the PC, you hit the "delete" key on the keyboard to enter BIOS. Some motherboards use a different key (F1, F7, but usually it's "Del"). You can google the ASUS TUF motherboard manual for your motherboard model and the manual will tell you what button it is.

Then you'll have to find the memory section of the BIOS and there will be an option for XMP. Sometimes there's a "profile 1" and "profile 2". Based on the specs of your memory, you should be able to just click on "profile 1" and that should be all you have to do. It should just bump right to 3600MHz CL16 when you do that. When you first put the memory in, it will default to 2166MHz or something, which is why you have to enable the XMP profile to get to the speed you paid for.

Also, some motherboards have a BIOS user interface now that they start off with in an "easy mode"...if this is the case for you (again, you'd have to check the user manual), there may be a big ol' button somewhere right on the main screen that says "XMP". You would just press that button, save, restart, go back into the bios and just confirm that the setting took and your memory is now at 3600MHz.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile